WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Boom! NFL Smack Talking Thread 2012! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794934)

seattle 08-06-2012 7:32 PM

Boom! NFL Smack Talking Thread 2012!

It's that time again... time to loosen the wrists, stretch the jaws and settle in for a season of slamming, dogging, bragging and slinging the NFL ish with your fellow WWr's. That said, let's get this ball a rolling!

What better way to start off then Hawk's season than the announcement or TO's arrival in Seattle. Many would say Pete is crazy, I think he's a genius! TO is broke, getting up in age and considered kryptonite by just about every team out there. For the first time in his career he needs the sport more than it needs him and he knows it. Not to mention the fact that Pete has a nack for taking in strays and cleaning them up. I predict a banner year for him as a Hawk.:D

As for our schedule... well that's easy...

Tennessee Titans Sat, Aug 11th Matt and Jake get a nasty welcome home in a loss.

@Denver Broncos Sat, Aug 18th Payton becomes painfully aware of our defense.

@Kansas City Chiefs Fri, Aug 24th Phhttt... Cheifs phttt...

Oakland Raiders Thu, Aug 30th Spanked again in pre-season by the Hawks.

Regular Season

@Arizona Cardinals Sun, Sep 9th Big game and our first divisional win.

Dallas Cowboys Sun, Sep 16th Time for the Boys to get their asses kicked in our house.

Green Bay Packers Mon, Sep 24th Tough game! too close to call.

@St. Louis Rams Sun, Sep 30th Time for Dave to take another Hawk beating.:p

@Carolina Panthers Sun, Oct 7th Tough game again and again to close to call.

New England Patriots Sun, Oct 14th Toughest home game all year but I'm taking my Hawks.

@San Francisco 49ersThu, Oct 18th This one is way to close to call.

@Detroit Lions Sun, Oct 28th Simple, win...

Minnesota Vikings Sun, Nov 4th Another win...

New York Jets Sun, Nov 11th Win at home...

BYE Week

@Miami Dolphins Sun, Nov 25th Silly Dolphins, Hawks win.

@Chicago Bears Sun, Dec 2nd Another tough game and another coin flip.

Arizona Cardinals Sun, Dec 9th Home win on our way to the division title.

@Buffalo Bills Sun, Dec 16th Win back east.

San Francisco 49ers Sun, Dec 23rd We take it to the Niners and spank them in our house.

St. Louis Rams Sun, Dec 30th Dave sobs quietly in a dark room somewhere.

baitkiller 08-07-2012 5:34 AM

Put down the bong and step away slowly. It's gonna be OK. You have the Seahawks going 13 and 3 beating the Pats, Pack and Niners? My team sucks too.. Its gonna be OK.

ord27 08-07-2012 6:13 AM

Cliff
IO didn't like T.O. for many obvious reasons. Then, my daughters started watching his reality show. I've seen more episodes than I care to admit. It happened.....I started to like the guy. The show showed a different side to the guy. I agree with you. He has hit bottom. He needs this like he has never needed it before. I hope he succeeds and gets at least one more year out of it.

But....The Hawks over the Cowboys...bahahahahaha

sidekicknicholas 08-07-2012 6:14 AM

My pre-preseason predictions:

NFC Championship - Packers vs. 9ers (which I have my tickets already for the Packer home/season opener for this same matchup)

AFC Championship - Patriots vs. Texas

08-07-2012 8:51 AM

Cowboys are doing nothing (again) this year. 8 - 8 or 9 -7 at best.

08-07-2012 8:59 AM

Wheres the college football thread? I havent followed the NFL since Boomer & Ickey Woods played.

JoLo_Si 08-07-2012 9:34 AM

Pats all the way... to another dissapointing loss in the Super Bowl.

GO GATORS!

08-07-2012 12:04 PM

Niiiiiiiiiiiinnnneeeeeeeeeerrrrs!!!!!

08-07-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoLo_Si (Post 1774097)
GO GATORS!

Oh helllllllll NOOooooo

jhartt3 08-07-2012 12:42 PM

The Pack is gonna take home the Trophy 2oo3 !!!!

deuce 08-07-2012 12:45 PM

Though I enjoy your passion, Cliff.....you're aware that the Seachickens haven't won half their games for 4 years, right? Not to mention that they really don't have a starting QB(assume it will be Flynn) and just needed to sign a headache that had been out of the league for a year, to catch balls for that QB they don't have.....

On the flip side, the Broncos look like they may actually have someone behind center this year....

wake77 08-07-2012 2:11 PM

With the 49ers being solid once again, the rest of the NFC West is screwed. No more limping into the playoffs with a division-best 7-9 record. We'll talk to you in a couple of months and see how happy you are with having T.O. in the locker room. Name one team where he didn't affect team chemistry. (I kind of like T.O. since we both went to the same school, The University of Tennessee Chattanooga). I see the Hawks with another losing season and potential grumblings of getting rid of Pete. In the future, I see the Hawks finishing 14-2 with a Superbowl victory....In Cliff's 2013 NFL Smack Talking Thread.

GO TITANS!!!! CJ2K should be back in form, Britt will still continue to screw up, but we still have a solid receiving corps. The defense should be improved.

08-07-2012 2:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1774174)
. In the future, I see the Hawks finishing 14-2 with a Superbowl victory....In Cliff's 2013 NFL Smack Talking Thread.

HA, nice!

tonyv420 08-07-2012 2:20 PM

I'll predict the Seahawks going 9-7, and Manning not playing the whole season! One good hit and he's right back to nursing an injury! 49ers will make the playoffs, but lose again!! hahahaha

hatepain 08-07-2012 3:50 PM

I'm a die hard Hawks fan, have been my whole life and will die that way. I will say I am always very optimistic but I try to temper it with realism. I do think we can beat anyone anytime but thats really true across the leage, any given Sunday and all.

Here is my picks for the season:

@Arizona Cardinals Sun, Sep 9th WIN

Dallas Cowboys Sun, Sep 16th WIN

Green Bay Packers Mon, Sep 24th WIN (I'll be at this one)

@St. Louis Rams Sun, Sep 30th WIN

@Carolina Panthers Sun, Oct 7th LOSS

New England Patriots Sun, Oct 14th LOSS (I'll be at this one too)

@San Francisco 49ersThu, Oct 18th LOSS (Our lovely 4-0 record slips to 4-3)

@Detroit Lions Sun, Oct 28th WIN (Tough game on the road)

Minnesota Vikings Sun, Nov 4th WIN

New York Jets Sun, Nov 11th WIN (Tebows the starter by now)

BYE Week

@Miami Dolphins Sun, Nov 25th LOSS

@Chicago Bears Sun, Dec 2nd LOSS

Arizona Cardinals Sun, Dec 9th WIN

@Buffalo Bills Sun, Dec 16th LOSS

San Francisco 49ers Sun, Dec 23rd WIN

St. Louis Rams Sun, Dec 30th WIN

Thats 10-6 and a trip to the post season. TO will have a big year for us, want a bunch of money next year and we'll let him go. Flynn will emerge as one of the top 5 QB's in the NFC and Beast Mode will continue to be Beast Mode. Defensively the secondary will be one of the tops in the league and if the line can stay healthy we'll be one of the better against the run making it damn tough to call plays against us.

sidekicknicholas 08-08-2012 9:57 AM

What do they put in the water in Seattle?

tonyv420 08-08-2012 10:00 AM

vodka

08-08-2012 1:35 PM

nope. Based on their predictions it's clearly LSD.

V 08-08-2012 7:59 PM

I will settle this one...............

Da Bears!!!!

hatepain 08-13-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Matt and Jake get a nasty welcome home in a loss.
Well Matt did anyway.

polarbill 08-13-2012 3:36 PM

The Hawks will have a top 5 defense. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if both San Fran and Seattle had the top 5 defenses this year. Also, this avery good and aggressive D is going to be that much better at home with the 12th man. We might have the #1 D at home in the league. Seattle's offense will be better. The oline has another year of learning with the oline genius cable. Also, I doubt they have 2 or 3 of their starting olineman go down to injuries this year. This will allow Miller and the F*%^#* soldier to go out in pass routes. If Rice can stay healthy(pretty big if) the WR core will be above average. Rice is a legit number 1 WR, DB Fresh is one of the best young slots in the league and one of TO or Edwards will be a legit and solid number 2. Flynn will be an upgrade to Tavaris(hell, Russell Wilson may be an upgrade to Tavaris as well) and get the ball to the right receiver, at the right time and accurately. He might not have the big arm but neither did Joe Montana. He has an average arm which he can more then make up with intangibles. Our run game should be as good if not a slightly better then last year. I don't expect the Seahawk offense to be top 5 or 10 in the NFL or anything but I do expect them to be right in the middle. That coupled with one of the best defenses in league equals a very good record and a playoff spot.

@Arizona Cardinals Sun, Sep 9th - easy win

Dallas Cowboys Sun, Sep 16th WIN

Green Bay Packers Mon, Sep 24th - Close Loss

@Carolina Panthers Sun, Oct 7th - WIN and our Cam is going to break Cam Newton in half when he tries to scramble for extra yards

New England Patriots Sun, Oct 14th - Win/Loss too close to call

@San Francisco 49ersThu, Oct 18th - Loss in an old fashioned ground and pound slug fest. 10-7 game or something like that.

@Detroit Lions Sun, Oct 28th WIN/Loss too close to call

Minnesota Vikings Sun, Nov 4th WIN

New York Jets Sun, Nov 11th WIN (Tebows the starter by now)

BYE Week

@Miami Dolphins Sun, Nov 25th -Win

@Chicago Bears Sun, Dec 2nd - Win/Loss too close to call

@Buffalo Bills Sun, Dec 16th - Win

San Francisco 49ers Sun, Dec 23rd WIN Avenge the loss with a close tough fought win of our own.

St. Louis Rams Sun, Dec 30th WIN and probably the last game for Bradford. He might not be alive after this game.

Even if they go 1-3 in the 3 games I said too close to call they end up 12-4

cwb4me 08-13-2012 3:47 PM

Too early to make predictions. Preseason injuries and all you know. But I'll make mine by the start of the season.

wake77 08-13-2012 5:30 PM

"The Hawks will have a top 5 defense."

No way in hell. The Hawks offense isn't good enough to give the D enough time to rest. I am predicting at best (again, at best) 9-7. This is how I see it

@Arizona Cardinals Sun, Sep 9th - hard-fought win

Dallas Cowboys Sun, Sep 16th Loss

Green Bay Packers Mon, Sep 24th - Not so Close Loss

@Carolina Panthers Sun, Oct 7th - Loss

New England Patriots Sun, Oct 14th - Big time Loss

@San Francisco 49ersThu, Oct 18th - Loss in an old fashioned ground and pound slug fest. 10-7 game or something like that.

@Detroit Lions Sun, Oct 28th Loss

Minnesota Vikings Sun, Nov 4th Loss

New York Jets Sun, Nov 11th Loss (Tebows not the starter by now)

BYE Week Win

@Miami Dolphins Sun, Nov 25th -Win

@Chicago Bears Sun, Dec 2nd - Loss

@Buffalo Bills Sun, Dec 16th - Loss--Buffalo is going to be the surprise team of the League

San Francisco 49ers Sun, Dec 23rd Loss

St. Louis Rams Sun, Dec 30th WIN and probably the last game for Bradford. He might not be alive after this game.

hatepain 08-13-2012 5:47 PM

Quote:

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if both San Fran and Seattle had the top 5 defenses this year. Also, this avery good and aggressive D is going to be that much better at home with the 12th man
I agree, I don't think people realize that we ranked I believe 7th last year in defense and that 3 of the 4 in the secondary made the Pro Bowl. As you say, if the O can put up some decent numbers it will translate into a lot of wins.

polarbill 08-14-2012 7:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatepain (Post 1775638)
I agree, I don't think people realize that we ranked I believe 7th last year in defense and that 3 of the 4 in the secondary made the Pro Bowl. As you say, if the O can put up some decent numbers it will translate into a lot of wins.

Our defense was that good and we added a younger, bigger, more athletic middle linebacker and a crazy explosive situational rusher in Bruce Irvin. One of our biggest moves might be the most unheralded but Jason Jones coming over from Tennessee is going to really help Seattle's pass rush. We basically got nothing out of the 3 tech DT last year, at least not in the way of pass rush. Pass Rushing from the DT spot is one of his strengths. This could be a crazy good defense.

V 08-14-2012 7:00 PM

still going with the bears.

seattle 08-18-2012 10:20 AM

Next up, Payton and his little ponies. Should be fun watching our D tonight.:rolleyes:

jhartt3 08-18-2012 10:32 AM

^^ Is Walter Payton back?

seattle 08-19-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhartt3 (Post 1776801)
^^ Is Walter Payton back?

Spelling aside... apparently not against our defense.:rolleyes:

mjfan23 08-19-2012 8:55 PM

Bengals once again have a top wr in the game.

Who Dey

seattle 08-24-2012 7:40 PM

Layin the smack down on KC tonight! Only question is ... who will start at qb next week? Oh and will TO ever catch a pass?

wake77 08-25-2012 5:34 AM

Preseason games are irrelevant. Just a way for some extra money for owners and the league.

cwb4me 08-25-2012 6:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1778353)
Preseason games are irrelevant. Just a way for some extra money for owners and the league.

Not if one of your star players gets hurt!:D

wake77 08-25-2012 11:53 AM

^true, but most of them only see limited action anyways.

wakeworld 08-26-2012 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle (Post 1778314)
Oh and will TO ever catch a pass?

Not for Seattle. He's done! Shocking!

seattle 08-26-2012 7:45 PM

Edwards has been catching everything, TO nuthin. Not too surprised.

deuce 08-27-2012 8:24 AM

After the draft, I told you Seahawks fans that you were going to be VERY pleased with Bobby Wagner & Robert Turbin.... They seem to be living up to me expectations!

polarbill 08-27-2012 9:02 AM

If things play out like they may Seattle will easily of had the best draft of any NFL team this year, even if Irvin does't live up to the 1st round pick he was taken at. Bobby Wagner our 2nd rounder is going to be a quality middle LBer starting from day one, our 3rd round pick Wilson is going to start at QB, our 4th rounder is going to be a very solid backup to Lynch if not the starter for a while if lynch is suspended and one of our 7th round picks JR Sweezy a DT in college is going to start at Offensive guard it look like. All those talkign heads that gave our draft a C grade are going to be eating crow.

I am officially on the Russell Wilson band wagon. I wouldn't be surprised if he has the best year of any of the rookie QB's. While he doesn't have the weapons of an Aaron rodgers or drew brees he has a better all around offensive unit then Luck, RG3 or Tannehill. Some of this may depend on the health of the Hawk Oline and Sidney Rice. Russell just has the it factor. The only knock was that he was too short. He has everything else you could possibly want in a starting QB.

wakeworld 08-27-2012 9:08 AM

Just one question: Were you and Cliff separated at birth?? :)

wake77 08-27-2012 12:19 PM

What happened to all of the TO love from a couple of weeks ago? And Brett, they base draft grades on team needs and player potential. I find it a little premature to proclaim the draft experts will be eating crow. Let's see a few regular season games first before we declare whether we say yea or nea.

seattle 08-28-2012 4:32 PM

We'll dominate the Raiders for a clean sweep of the pre season. In two weeks we begin our march to greatness!:D

deuce 08-28-2012 5:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle (Post 1779102)
we'll dominate the raiders for a clean sweep of the pre season. Then when it counts, we'll continue to wallow in mediocrity! :D

fify

cwb4me 08-28-2012 6:33 PM

Wake up Cliff!!!!! Your dreaming again.

seattle 09-02-2012 7:02 PM

Slappiddy slap... the pre season is over and we've dominated every team we played.:rolleyes:

wake77 09-03-2012 4:42 AM

Way to beat up on those 2nd and 3rd stringers and practice squads. Congratulations.

wakeworld 09-03-2012 7:14 AM

Rams dominated the pre-season last year. Worked out well for them! :)

02ssv 09-05-2012 9:27 AM

Dominating the pre-season is like shooting 10 under... on the range.

cwb4me 09-06-2012 3:32 AM

So much for the Superbowl champs winning their first game at home.They only allowed 433 yards of offense and 24 points though.Overall i thought it was a good game.I didn't think the officials did a bad game either,only a couple of missed calls. Cowboys 13/86 and Giants 4/30.

hatepain 09-07-2012 10:39 AM

Week 1

THU, SEP 5

Dallas at NY Giants 8:30 PM Didn't pick this but I'd have taken NY

SUN, SEP 9
Indianapolis at Chicago 1:00 PM Bears in an easy one
Philadelphia at Cleveland 1:00 PM Eagles trying to get back to basics
New England at Tennessee 1:00 PM Pats in a high scoring affair
Atlanta at Kansas City 1:00 PM Atlanta
Jacksonville at Minnesota 1:00 PM Vikings, AP doesn't have to do much
Washington at New Orleans 1:00 PM Saints, Breese is the show no RG3
Buffalo at NY Jets 1:00 PM Jets
St. Louis at Detroit 1:00 PM Detroit, absolute route CJ and Stafford blow it up
Miami at Houston 1:00 PM Houston, doesn't allow a TD
San Francisco at Green Bay 4:15 PM Pack, GB's defense is just enough
Seattle at Arizona 4:15 PM Hawks by 17
Carolina at Tampa Bay 4:15 PM Panthers, offense is just to much
Pittsburgh at Denver 8:20 PM Denver, Peyton back to form and has medocre wide recievers looking like Pro Bowlers

MON, SEP 10
Cincinnati at Baltimore 7:00 PM Ravens, good game real close so home team gets it
San Diego at Oakland 10:15 PM Bolts, I hate em both but the Raiders more

wake77 09-07-2012 12:43 PM

Watch out for the Bills this year guys. (And I'm not a fan).

seattle 09-07-2012 5:43 PM

NFC West is my only concern...

Hawks at Pheonix - phttt

Rams at Lions - loss

Niners at Packers - loss

We'll be in first place after week one.:rolleyes:

cwb4me 09-07-2012 6:06 PM

Okay I'll play too.
Dallas at NYG- I would have picked Dallas because I always do!

Sunday Sept 9th

Indy @ Chicago- Da Bears,Cutler to Marshall and Forte = too much for Indy.
Eagles @ Browns-Eagles will be too hot to handle for the Browns.
Patriots@Titans-Titans and C J will run away with this one..
Falcons@Chiefs-Falcons win!
Jaguars @ Vikings- Vikings and AP get it done.
Redskins@ Saints-Even with fourth and fifth choice coaches Saints win..
Bills @ Jets-Tebow magic will win this one. Jets get it done
Rams @ Lions- Lions win with Stafford to Johnson.
Dolphins @ Texans -Texans win with balance and good defense.
Forty Niners @ Packers- This is a quarter flip,but I'll give the edge to the Packers since their at home.
Seahawks @ Cardinals- Seahawks win barely.
Panthers @ Bucs- Panthers and Cam are too much for the Bucs.
Steelers @Broncos- Lack of pressure let's Peyton have his way.Denvers D will prevail. Denver wins in the altitude.

Monday Night
Bengals @Ravens-Ravens win in a close one.
Chargers@Raiders- Chargers should prevail.

Jmaxymek 09-08-2012 4:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Funny mockups of "honest" NFL logos..

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...iants-rest-nfl

wake77 09-09-2012 5:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle (Post 1779102)
We'll dominate the Raiders for a clean sweep of the pre season. In two weeks we begin our march to greatness!:D

I guess that march is delayed a week???

09-09-2012 5:58 PM

hahahaha! Great week 1 Seahawks, way to dominate the powerhouse Cardinals.

Great win for the best D in the NFL. Keep on doubting. NINERS!!!!!

cwb4me 09-10-2012 3:47 AM

Well what do we know after week 1. Any team can win against any team,except maybe the Seahawks. The Packers don't always win at home,Vick can throw 4 int's and still squeak one out.The Superbowl Champs don't always win their season opener,Pittsburgh can't play at altitude.The Saints got marched on,the Jets can play when they don't talk about it beforehand. Andrew Luck didn't have any,Jeremy's Titans aren't.The Bucs might be better but the Dolphins aren't. Above all don't believe Cliff's preseason hype!

baitkiller 09-10-2012 5:09 AM

Hey Cliff..... pass that spleef over here brother.

sidekicknicholas 09-10-2012 6:21 AM

Season tickets at Lambeau .... good thing I was there in my #85 Vernon Davis jersey!!!! 9ers looked pretty darn good.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...54323332_n.jpg

seattle 09-10-2012 9:39 AM

I got all the ish coming...

Despite our loss I will say I was pretty impressed with our D and Wilson looked good in the second half after getting rid of his butterflies. Guess I'll take it ok considering we get to spank the crap out of Dallas this coming week for our home opener.

Niners looked really good and Green Bay looked pretty crappy. Never would have guessed the Packers will lose like that on their home opener...

deuce 09-10-2012 11:02 AM

Peyton and the Broncos looked good. 1-0....I'll take it!

polarbill 09-10-2012 12:58 PM

I hate being a football fan sometimes. UW looks like a JV team against LSU and the Hawks choke. I will say this about LSU though. They are a team of grown arse men. The LSU vs Alabama game might be 0-0.

hatepain 09-10-2012 3:51 PM

Yeah it was a very, very tough day yesterday watching the O line allow the Cardinals to blow by them. We're gonna have to make up that win somewhere else with a surprise victory.

cwb4me 09-10-2012 3:57 PM

I'm picking Dallas next week against the Seahawks.That will be a good game 11 on 12.LOL

wake77 09-10-2012 5:00 PM

^They are going to give Seattle 5 timeouts a half this week.

cwb4me 09-13-2012 4:03 AM

Okay time for this weeks picks!

CHI @GB - Bears will run and pass for the win. Thurs @8

Sunday 1:00 games
KC@BUF -CHIEFS will win with balance.
NO 2 CAR- Panthers will get back in the groove with a familiar opponent.
CLE@CIN -This is a toss up,but i'll take the Bengals.
MIN@IND- Luck will continue to progress but the Vikings will edge this one out.
HOU @ JAC- Texans will continue on their winning ways.
OAK @ MIA -Another tough one but i'll Take Oakland to come out on top in Miami.
Ari @NE - Patriots win this one.
TB @ NYG - GIANTS win at home and bounce back from last week.
BAL @ PHI - Eagles will struggle and Ravens will fly higher,Ravens win.
SUNDAY 4:00 GAMES
Dal @ SEATTLE- COWBOYS WIN IN 11 ON 12 MATCH!!!
WAS @ STL- Another tough one. This time i'll pick RAMS to win at home.
NYJETS @ PIT- Jets continue to fly and win again Tebow Time!!!
Ten-@ SD- CHARGERS win at home.
SUNDAY @ 8:20
DET @ SF- 49ERS slow down Stafford just enough.

MONDAY NIGHT GAME

DEN @ ATL- Very tough to pick this one. i'll take the Falcons at home though.

hatepain 09-13-2012 12:50 PM

THU, SEP 13
Chicago at Green Bay 8:20 PM Green Bay

SUN, SEP 16
Kansas City at Buffalo 1:00 PM Bills
Cleveland at Cincinnati 1:00 PM Bungals
Minnesota at Indianapolis 1:00 PM Vikings
Arizona at New England 1:00 PM Pats
Tampa Bay at NY Giants 1:00 PM Giants
Baltimore at Philadelphia 1:00 PM Ravens
New Orleans at Carolina 1:00 PM Panthers
Houston at Jacksonville 1:00 PM Texans
Dallas at Seattle 4:05 PM Seattle
Washington at St. Louis 4:05 PM Redskins
Oakland at Miami 4:15 PM Oakland
NY Jets at Pittsburgh 4:15 PM Steelers
Tennessee at San Diego 4:15 PM Bolts
Detroit at San Francisco 8:20 PM Frisco

MON, SEP 17
Denver at Atlanta 8:30 PM Denver

seattle 09-13-2012 5:02 PM

Card @Pats - Pats
Niners@Detroit -Detroit
Skins@Rams - Rams
Dallas@Seattle - Home opener... Dallas IS going to lose.

wake77 09-13-2012 5:28 PM

"NYJETS @ PIT- Jets continue to fly and win again Tebow Time!!!"

So you think Tebow is going to lead the Jets to victory on Sunday???

cwb4me 09-13-2012 7:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1782814)
"NYJETS @ PIT- Jets continue to fly and win again Tebow Time!!!"

So you think Tebow is going to lead the Jets to victory on Sunday???

I think he will be a part of it.One man can't win or lose a game. This is a team sport.

wake77 09-14-2012 12:46 PM

^It's hard to win the game on the bench, but I guess I see your point.

polarbill 09-14-2012 1:44 PM

I would come out with projections but I would probably have a better chance if I came out with them then just reversed every game. At least I won in both my fantasy leagues the first week. That counts for something, right?

polarbill 09-14-2012 1:52 PM

And what does tebow have to do with the jets winning. He was in for 7 snaps or something and gained less then 10 yards didn't he. He was on the bench or was in the game as a complete non factor. If the jets were smart they would cut his ass before he becomes too big of a distraction and they have a complete melt down. They would of been better off leaving sanchez in those 7 snaps.

cwb4me 09-14-2012 6:23 PM

I guess you guys forgot Tebow led the Broncos past Pittsburgh last year in the playoffs! Also part of Tebow's magic is teams have to spend valuable practice time preparing for the wildcat offense.He is a selfless contributor only wanting to help his team. Now let the beatings continue.

wake77 09-14-2012 8:00 PM

^If that was true, why won't he agree to play any position other than QB?

cwb4me 09-15-2012 4:56 AM

He played on special teams in the first game against the Bills. He was on the hands team on a kickoff.

seattle 09-16-2012 6:55 PM

"I'm picking Dallas next week against the Seahawks.That will be a good game 11 on 12.LOL"

snicker...

"I guess that march is delayed a week???"

Looks as though it was... butt we more than made up for it this week.:p

We didn't need time outs this week. The game was over after the third.:rolleyes:

Those of you that snickered at our loss to the Cards are probably scratching your heads today huh?:o

RG3 lost his hero status against the Rammies today as well.;)

From what I've seen in the first two weeks it would be wise for people to start respecting the NFC West.:D

ord27 09-16-2012 7:10 PM

congrats Cliff
that was hard to watch. You guys have one heck of a running back. There was a point today when I thought that Philly, Washington, and NY were all going to loose, and the Cowboys could easily handle the Hawks......I'm glad I didn't have any money riding on today's games

from the looks of the Skins game, if these replacement officials don't figure it out soon, someone is gunna wind up really really hurt.....

cwb4me 09-16-2012 7:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle (Post 1783395)
"I'm picking Dallas next week against the Seahawks.That will be a good game 11 on 12.LOL"

snicker...

"I guess that march is delayed a week???"

Looks as though it was... butt we more than made up for it this week.:p

We didn't need time outs this week. The game was over after the third.:rolleyes:

Those of you that snickered at our loss to the Cards are probably scratching your heads today huh?:o

RG3 lost his hero status against the Rammies today as well.;)

From what I've seen in the first two weeks it would be wise for people to start respecting the NFC West.:D

They do the 49ers and the Cards both have great teams. It should come down to those two for the division.

sidekicknicholas 09-17-2012 6:56 AM

49ers look so good in every single way.

Their front 7 is just nuts.

polarbill 09-17-2012 7:41 AM

The NFC West is legit.

The niners beat up the lions, the Cards beat the Patriots, St Louis knocks RG3 back to reality and the Hawks just manhandle the Cowgirls. Seriously did the Cowboys even run 10 total plays in the second half outside of that last drive. IT seemed like Seattle had the ball the entire 2nd half. Loved seeing a big, fast and physical team out there. Loved the hit by Tate on Lee. Regardless of what the idiot announcers said it was 100% clean and legal. The cowgirls are still soft.

Has the NFC West taken teh place of the AFC North as the most physical division in the league. 3 out of the 4 teams play super physical defense and use the ground game to control the clock. Old School smash mouth ball. Love it. There are 5 2-0 teams in the league right now and 2 are from the NFC West. I guess there will be 2 2-0 teams after tonight though.

UW also did what they were suppose to against a terrible team from a lower division. IT was a good weekend for football.