WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   Here is all the grab names and how to do them. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33406)

brinks 08-31-2002 9:05 PM

This was taken straight from wakeboard magazine. <BR>Mute: The front hand grabs the toe edge between the feet. <BR> <BR>Roast Beef: The rear hand reaches between the legs and grabs the heel edge between the bindings. <BR> <BR>Slob: The front hand grabs the toe edge in front of the bindings. Try and poke your rear leg as you grab. <BR> <BR>Method: The front hand grabs the heel edge between the bindings. Both knees are bent . The board should be pulled so the bottom of the board is facing the boat.(everyone in the boat should be able to read the bottom of your board when done right). <BR> <BR>Melon: The front hand reaches behind the front leg and grabs the heel edge in-between the bindings while the front leg is poked. <BR> <BR>Indy: The rear hand grabs between the bindings on the toe edge. ( For extra style try poking out you front leg or your back leg.) <BR> <BR>Japan: The front hand grabs between the bindings on the toe edge with the front knee bent towards the rear of the board. This grab is similar to the mute except for the tucked knee. <BR> <BR>Stalefish: The rear hand grabs the heel edge behind the rear leg and in -between the bindings while the rear leg is poked. <BR> <BR>Chicken Salad: The rear hand reaches between the legs with the wrist rotated inward and grab the heel edge between the bindings while the front leg is boned. ( To figure out how to turn your wrist in the proper direction take your back hand and hold it out in front of you with your palm facing down. Rotate your wrist upside down with your thumb leading the rotation downwards.) (Hint: it is the hard way to turn your wrist upside down.) <BR> <BR>Crail: The rear hand reaches across the body and grabs the toe edge in front of the front binding while the rear leg is boned. <BR> <BR>Lein: The front hand grabs the heel edge at the front binding and the body leans out over the nose. <BR> <BR>Nose grab: The front hand grabs the "NOSE" of the board. <BR> <BR>Nuclear: The rear hand reaches across the front of the body and grabs the nose of the board. <BR> <BR>Seatbelt: The front reaches across the body and grabs the tail while the front leg is boned. <BR> <BR>Spaghetti: The rear hand reaches between the legs and behind the front leg to grab the toe edge in front of the front foot while the back leg is boned. <BR> <BR>Stalemasky: The front hand reaches between the legs and grabs the heel edge between the bindings while the front leg is boned. <BR> <BR>Suitcase: A grab similar to the method grab but once the knees are bent the front hand reaches under the base of the board and grabs the toe edge. <BR> <BR>Tail grab: The rear hand grabs the "TAIL" of the board. <BR> <BR>Taipan: The front hand reaches behind the front knee and grabs the toe edge between the bindings. The front knee is then bent tuck-knee style. <BR> <BR>Learn them all and use them. <BR>

gfunk 09-01-2002 3:40 PM

ok? so

pimpdaddygrady 09-01-2002 7:34 PM

yea really...if we wanted 2 know em...we woulda asked

brinks 09-02-2002 1:36 AM

I didn't make you read it. So If you don't care, Don't read it. Someone might find it helpful.

cannonballv 09-05-2002 5:08 AM

What about some that the mag didnt cover...like the shifty or is it stiffy? Im not sure which

shadowclaw 09-22-2002 11:54 PM

Well I think Brett is being helpfull here. You never had the situation that you perfomed something but didn't know exactly what?! <BR>And if u guyz know so much about tricks <BR>you betta read the tricks section and help me out in my topic, because my tricks aren't listed on this site.