WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through August 21, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=619129)
-   -   Fins on a 07 Faction? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613042)

ridinonair 08-11-2008 3:02 PM

I overheard a couple buddies saying that the 07 Faction with the Absolute fins is a killer setup, I am new to this and just started doing w2w with some grabs and was curious if this would be recommended if I want to start doing surface tricks to or stick with the factory ones and just keep learning like I am.

sailing216 08-12-2008 6:51 PM

I'm at the same level as you are and riding an 07 Faction. I'm not liking the board. Being a novice, I have to edge hard into the wave. The rocker setup wants to go fast. I'm looking for a lighter board that's more forgiving.

ridinonair 08-12-2008 8:02 PM

The board did seem a bit loose at first but after this last weekend I warmed up to it a bit with some posture and handle corrections, before I was borrowing a buddies transcend plat with bindings that were too big so the switch helped me a lot because I am a short dude and I think that board was just a little big for me.

toesideturtle 08-13-2008 3:00 PM

I ride the Faction with the smaller(absolute) fins and love it. You do not have to edge hard, Joe, and you will go straight up, sonsistently, with super soft landings. <BR>Mitch, I ride on a private lake near Buena Vista--hit me up if you would like to come out for the day sometime.

ridinonair 08-13-2008 3:54 PM

I'm always down for the weekends, I will try this setup and see because I feel like I really have to crank when I am edging. I'll pm you tomorrow for more info! Thanks!

ridinonair 08-14-2008 1:32 PM

Which size do you ride with? The .75 or the 1.30 because I am showing two options for absolute fins, what would each do to my board handling?

srh00z 08-14-2008 1:34 PM

I haven't measured the stock fins on my Faction, what size are they? I like the board as is out of the box, but I bought it to get back to basics and work on my fundamentals. I like it being grippy when I need it, especially when working on toeside and switch riding. I need all the help I can get when it comes to toeside and switch.

ridinonair 08-14-2008 1:45 PM

I dont know what size but they look damn long, the board is grippy, but I feel like I really have to crank with the edging heelside into the wake to be able to clear....maybe just not being pulled fast enough....

srh00z 08-14-2008 1:50 PM

Either that or bring your line in about 5 feet and see how much that helps. What length and speed do you ride?

bbr 08-14-2008 1:53 PM

Mitch, you will want to use the .75 absolute fins. They kick ass on that board. That is what I used to ride, and it rips.

ridinonair 08-14-2008 2:18 PM

As far as speed I think I am being pulled around 21-21.5 at 70 or 75 out, not sure though 100%....sorry, still new to this, and BBR, thanks for the info!

srh00z 08-14-2008 2:22 PM

A little more speed or a shorter line would likely help. After you get used to setting a progressive edge, you shouldn't have to cut as hard on your initial turn in, but instead make a cut that builds as you approach the wake.

bbr 08-14-2008 2:24 PM

Mitch, what up?! This is Brandon Poser, how was the rest of your trip?

ridinonair 08-14-2008 2:28 PM

haha- lol, I just hit you up on myspace earlier. The trip went good, I was hittin some grabs sunday morning before we left, and got more consistant on my cut back in and handle positioning. Thanks for all the help bro!