WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through May 13, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=448882)
-   -   What to expect from O'Brien Natural (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446482)

closedtoe 05-09-2007 9:29 PM

I just bought a natural. I'm coming off of a 04 Liquid Force Fusion. My birthday was a few days ago and I got it for my birthday. Last year i was doing grabs and starting to spin? What can I expect(Is the pop predictable/consistent, speed,tracking)? <BR>Thanks in advance

extremeisaac 05-09-2007 9:43 PM

you can expect to have alot of fun. Thats a really fun board. I demo'd one and the pop was awesome, takes you straight up. not a really fast board but its pretty quick.

mcwakerider 05-09-2007 9:50 PM

i thought everyone on here said it was a FAST board...? Someone even said like a hover craft... lol

extremeisaac 05-09-2007 10:55 PM

its quick... I thought my dimented felt faster though

fbricard 05-10-2007 1:54 AM

Faster than my Valhalla. Tad looser I felt (i ride with the crook fins on). <BR> <BR>Great pop though, really straight up and nice floaty feel up there. Really can't reiterate enough about the pop, feels really nice. Board is heaps light too

stanfield 05-10-2007 5:37 AM

FTR, it is a very fast board. It is designed to be fast.

seattle 05-10-2007 5:44 AM

Fast for a three stage... yes. Fast as compared to a continuous... no.

andy_nintzel 05-10-2007 6:53 AM

THE F#$&amp;CKING best ride of your life is what you can expect! That board rules! Super poppy and super fast!

jjakober 05-10-2007 7:03 AM

What more can I say except: <BR> <BR>All of the above!!!

seattle 05-10-2007 7:39 AM

Someone take Andy's coffee away... immediately!

holiday13 05-10-2007 8:00 AM

Faster than my Valhalla with the crooks off and I thought more stable on landings (I made a few saves I would not have on the valhalla, hey when you fall as much as I do it comes to be expected!). I also found I could ride a much smaller board, I am 6'2" 225 pounds and went from a 144 valhalla to a 139 Natural and felt the natural actually floated me better and rode better.

kaesen 05-10-2007 2:27 PM

yeah its a good board. it is actually really fast, but its not like fast is a bad thing, cause thats how a board should be. you dont want to go snowboarding on a slushy day and not have any wax on your board and then say, '' i like going slow and getting a bunch of drag''... wax on your board and going fast is how you want it to be. <BR>anyways... the pop is good too. its a 3 stage, but not a huge 3 stage so the pop is controllable everytime. <BR> <BR>the edges without fins are how i like a board, but of coarse i dont know about you... <BR>the edging is loose when you want it to be and grippy coming into the wake. <BR> <BR>...and last is the side rails... nice and round to it is very forgiving if you dont land just right.... <BR> <BR>ok thats a lot of typing... just let me know if you have any more questions about it. <BR> <BR>-kaesen

closedtoe 05-10-2007 4:19 PM

Is it possible to shave down the fins without ruining the board if I think it's too grippy? <BR> <BR>I'm not saying it's too tight because I haven't ridden it yet but, I tend to like boards a little loose. <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance

kaesen 05-10-2007 6:45 PM

no its not grippy at all. its perfect. <BR>its nice and loose, but when your cutting around or to the wake it holds a good edge because of the cuped rail between the outside molded fin and the rail of the board. <BR>defenetly ride it without the center fin too.

closedtoe 05-11-2007 8:11 AM

Does anybody know if you can shave down the molded fins?

jjakober 05-11-2007 8:51 AM

No! You will expose the core to water, this is not a good thing. Like Kaesen said, the board is not to grippy. Just leave off the center fin and you will be set.