WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Where did the wetsounds rat rod z3 thread go? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798465)

davidggriffith 06-06-2013 12:04 PM

Where did the wetsounds rat rod z3 thread go?

Just wandering what happened?

Midnightv10 06-06-2013 1:03 PM

+1

lifetimewarranty 06-06-2013 2:33 PM

You've got to pay to play.....no free ads (just a guess...)

Preston 06-06-2013 3:11 PM

Wetsounds does pay for ads on this site if I'm not mistaken.

Midnightv10 06-06-2013 3:11 PM

Didn't really seem like an ad to me.. more like a wet dream.

Midnightv10 06-06-2013 3:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston (Post 1826121)

yeah and I thought Tige was the official boat of Wakeworld

lifetimewarranty 06-06-2013 3:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston (Post 1826121)

Has...but I haven't seen any lately. All I see is exile and kicker ads for stereo stuff.

Otherwise it would have been strange to delete the entire thing...unless Tim himself wanted it deleted and Dave agreed to.

wakebordr11 06-06-2013 3:30 PM

Who took the pics and what magazine will they wind up in?

wakeworld 06-06-2013 4:05 PM

There is no advertising permitted on the discussion board, and that includes advertisers. By posting that thread, he's promoting his product. Yes, it's a fine line, but if I let Tim do it, I have to let everyone do it and you would not be happy with the resultant spam that would no doubt dominate the forums. The good news is that we're doing a feature story on it, so most of those pics and all the info will be up on the site next week.

boardman74 06-06-2013 4:36 PM

^^Great plan Dave!! Always keeping the peace!!

ilikebeaverandboats 06-06-2013 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeworld (Post 1826144)
There is no advertising permitted on the discussion board, and that includes advertisers. By posting that thread, he's promoting his product. Yes, it's a fine line, but if I let Tim do it, I have to let everyone do it and you would not be happy with the resultant spam that would no doubt dominate the forums. The good news is that we're doing a feature story on it, so most of those pics and all the info will be up on the site next week.

Bummer. Dave, normally I am 100% behind your decisions. This time, only 50% haha. I completely understand where you are coming from, and I totally recognize your reasoning (can't just let one person do it) but it bums me out because way back when, there were pictures of that wetsounds RZ2 (red with skulls, amps on the floor, matching wheels behind an awesome superduty) posted and it was (at the time) the coolest boat around. What are the limitations for wetsounds posting photos? Can they participate in threads at all without it being considered advertising? Just trying to play devils advocate here. I would hope they would still be able to post some photos in say, the "boat picture threads" ? I am glad that there will be a feature story on it, lookin forward to it!

Dave, i still think you da man :D and I think i am gonna use my points and get a monster WW sticker for the back of the truck :p

wakeworld 06-06-2013 10:16 PM

This isn't a change. This has always been our policy. Tim has always posted lots of good stuff to our discussion boards and I would even venture to say that he's been the longest running, most consistent and helpful industry contributor in the history of WakeWorld. However, most of his posts have been responses to threads started by other people. It's a whole different ball game when a company representative is starting a thread that promotes their products. I would say that 99% of Tim's promotion of Wet Sounds products on the discussion boards are simply a byproduct of him answering questions and being helpful. I wish everybody followed in Tim's footsteps because it's a win for everybody!!

Houstonshark 06-07-2013 4:37 AM

10-4

ilikebeaverandboats 06-07-2013 6:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeworld (Post 1826201)
This isn't a change. This has always been our policy. Tim has always posted lots of good stuff to our discussion boards and I would even venture to say that he's been the longest running, most consistent and helpful industry contributor in the history of WakeWorld. However, most of his posts have been responses to threads started by other people. It's a whole different ball game when a company representative is starting a thread that promotes their products. I would say that 99% of Tim's promotion of Wet Sounds products on the discussion boards are simply a byproduct of him answering questions and being helpful. I wish everybody followed in Tim's footsteps because it's a win for everybody!!

Cool, bump me back up to 100% backing you up! :D