WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Comfy bindings, what to buy? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793727)

njskier 06-04-2012 11:27 AM

Comfy bindings, what to buy?

I'm looking for recommendations of what bindings feel the best. I will be mounting them on my '07 Lyman. Opinions?

wakerider111 06-04-2012 12:20 PM

everyone's feet are different.
take a trip to a store and put some on.

Ronix and Slingshot have heat moldable liners which is nice. slingshot's are removable (in the rad and shredtowns)
hyperlite systems have been getting lots of attention
Obrien has really stepped it up recently to where LF took a little bit of notice (canted footbeds)... but then again obrien and LF are the same branch in the kent company tree.

BUT MOSTLY... go try some on!

06-04-2012 12:28 PM

My Ronix parks and ones are very comfortable, I used to have the Company vandal boots with the 3 velcro straps and those were the easiest boots to get on and off by far.

Funny thing, I tried on some 2001 hyper light boots that were made of all rubber, open toe, the top of the line back in the day. WOW is all I can say. Gone are the days of short sets because of sore feet HAHA

sidekicknicholas 06-04-2012 12:57 PM

Best boots I've ever had were the 2007 LF Shane boots.... there were perfect in every single way.

the_fish 06-04-2012 1:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kx250frider617 (Post 1757147)
My Ronix parks and ones are very comfortable, I used to have the Company vandal boots with the 3 velcro straps and those were the easiest boots to get on and off by far.

Funny thing, I tried on some 2001 hyper light boots that were made of all rubber, open toe, the top of the line back in the day. WOW is all I can say. Gone are the days of short sets because of sore feet HAHA

very true on the Company Vandall boot. Although I just bought a pair of Ronix Ones b/c I never could tighten up the Vandalls enough to stop my heel from slipping inside and the Velcro would come undone on a rough landing. They will be perfect for my rail/cable/winch boots.

Bam6961 06-04-2012 7:14 PM

I have the kobalt system, and there pretty comfortable all around my feet but wish they had the rubber soul of the byerly pro boots. Those are super comfy on the bottom of your feet, but there kinda bulkly. I also tried the ronix ones, byerly still feel softer on the bottom.

Bumpass1 06-04-2012 7:16 PM

Ones. 'Nuff said.

Bam6961 06-04-2012 7:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bam6961 (Post 1757296)
wish they had the rubber soul of the byerly pro boots..

Also the rubber on the byerlys are waved/ribbed horizontally throughout the soul, i think that makes it feel really nice on the soul.

jburbo 06-06-2012 5:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fish (Post 1757168)
very true on the Company Vandall boot. Although I just bought a pair of Ronix Ones b/c I never could tighten up the Vandalls enough to stop my heel from slipping inside and the Velcro would come undone on a rough landing. They will be perfect for my rail/cable/winch boots.

I LOVE my Vandalls. most comfortable boot i have owned so far.... i recently picked up a pair of Ronix Prestons, havent had a chance to try them yet though

tampawake 06-06-2012 6:31 AM

LF Watsons. I think the heal cup is superior in the LF stuff over the RONIX. My only issue with the RONIX bindings is tons of heal lift. I owned Cells a few years back and no amount of J Bars and heat molding could help that. Seriously try as many on as you can. If your getting tons of heal lift before heat molding the molding is not going to solve that.

logan 06-06-2012 8:21 AM

Slingshot RAD or SHRED TOWN boots are unmatched by the rest of 2012's lineup. I can ride insanely long in my RAD's and my feet feel fine. My little brother just got done with some Ronix Cells and now has Slingshot Option's which aren't nearly as high end but he loves them. You really will get the best quality stuff from them.

eubanks01 06-06-2012 8:46 AM

Try out the Hyperlite Teams. They are the most comfortable binding I've worn to date. Good snug fit all over and no pressure points.

Rad_Matty_D 06-07-2012 10:15 AM

Wait till end of summer or whenever the 2013 CWB Board Co. boots come out!!!

Comfiest boots ever. I can ride all day wearing those and my wide feet never hurt

TBell 06-08-2012 10:25 AM

I'm absolutely loving the new O'Brien baseless boots. The Nomads are the best boot I've ever put on my feet and the Seekers are equally as comfortable. Having horrible arches, my feet would kill after only a few minutes into a set, even in broken in boots. But with the arch support in the Nomads, my feet didn't even hurt the first time out! Now the arch support is something to get used to, and does feel a little tight at first, but it's definitely worth it! I have a size 10 foot and use the 9-11 Nomads, and I wouldn't want any other boot! If you can, go try the new O'Brien boots out for sure!

jperkinsttu 06-08-2012 6:40 PM

You need to realize that your board is set up for 8" bindings and all new bindings are 6" bases. It will limit the amount of stance widths that you will get out of your board. I just went through the same thing and ended up buying a new board too. The newer boots are way too nice to not get the full potential out of them by limiting your stance. Good luck. I bought CWB AA's which I love but the straps get annoying some times when they loosen from the velcro.

VinnyA 06-13-2012 10:38 AM

I'm also in the market for new bindings. Bought some size 12 reliks about 2 years ago. They are awesome but my feet are size 10 so the arch in the binding doesnt match up with the arch on my foot and it causes cramps and uncomfortability. I was just gonna get the '11 ronix ones, but i was thinking about my riding conditions, in the salt water Long island sound. and i almost feel like the salt has eaten away at the liner of the boot. Does anyone else feel the same? Does anyone ride LF bindings in salt water? How do they hold up?

Kerry 06-14-2012 3:42 PM

Something to think about. I just bought a new 2012 Ronix one setup but had them thrown in the Ronix Spacer's so that I can attach the new bindings to one of my older boards. So at least with Ronix bindings, you can fit them to a board 2008 and older. I will say I have not used the spacers yet but it appears they would work fine. Anyone else use them?

Side not my 2012 Ronix ones are breaking in very nicely. They are taking some time to get used to them and I heat molded them twice at my dealer. I'm a size 10.5-11 shoe and I bought size 10 Ones.

Readyaimfire 06-15-2012 1:53 AM

I used to use the spacers when I was riding Ronix Ones. They were ok in that they allowed for more stance options, but IMO they allow WAY TOO MUCH HEEL LIFT for it to be worth using them! Your boots will be like a see-saw.

TheHebrewHammer 06-15-2012 3:53 AM

O'brien Nomads are my all-time faves.