WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   Ts Inverts (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458528)

wpg_waker 06-05-2007 4:25 PM

So i went out for my second pull of the season (Manitoba, Canada(cold)) and stomped my 3 second try and 3 hs backrolls right after that. I'm very good at frontflips on a tramp n Knowing i have a solid ts w2s and 180's What are some basic things you guys try and focus on in Ts Frontrolls or Crows. Thanks. Sorry bout the runon sentence.

steve_jones 06-05-2007 6:17 PM

IMHO, I think the Scarecrow is super easy. I still miss a TS Frontroll once in awhile if I get lazy, but once you learn the crow correctly, you'll rarely, if ever, fall. <BR> <BR>Assuming you have a solid TS 180 and a solid TS Jump, and can keep the handle in tight on the TS 180. <BR> <BR>For the Scarecrow: <BR>1- Set up your cut very wide. <BR> <BR>2- Cut in for the trick with medium speed (not all out, and not too lazy) and use a progressively building cut. <BR> <BR>3- As you approach the bottom of the trough, rock 100% of your weight to your front foot.(Don't break at the waist when you rock your weight forward. Your weight should go toward the nose of the board, not the toe side edge.) The wake will buck you a bit as you hit it. Use this buck and... <BR> <BR>4-As you rise into the air, pull the handle tight to your belly AS you huck what you may think of as a straight front flip. <BR> <BR>5-This combination in step 4 will send you up and pull you around very lazy and very naturally. <BR> <BR>6-Look for the water/landing and also glance toward the boat to prepare for the landing. (Not super critical where you look, but as you get more comfy, you'll look to the water.) <BR> <BR>7-As you land (no matter what) soften your knees to protect them and make the landing super soft and mellow. Do not ever land with locked out knees. <BR> <BR>Key components to this trick: <BR>A-Weight 100% on front foot as you hit the wake. <BR>B-Pulling and keeping the handle to your belly. <BR>C-Looking for the landing. <BR> <BR>Once in awhile, you'll really launch this trick super big, so always keep in your mind, "don't land with locked out knees". <BR> <BR>The TS Frontroll: <BR>1- Set up your cut very wide. <BR> <BR>2- Cut in for the trick with fast speed (Raley style) and use a progressively building cut. <BR> <BR>3-As you get to the wake do these three things all at once: A- Switch your edge from your toes to your heels, B-stand straight up (head up and chest out), and C-drop your back hand. <BR> <BR>4-As you hit the top of the wake and take off (this will sound weird) lead the flip with your board by hucking your heels to your bootie and hucking (hard) your body into a tucked front somersault or flip at the same time. You'll feel the actual board lead the flip after a few tries and it will make sense. <BR> <BR>5-As you come around for the landing, continue leading/pushing the board to the water to land and be able to edge away on your toes. The momentum from the flip is what helps you get to your toes. <BR> <BR>6-The landing is harder to see so I look to the shore a bit. You'll either get the landing or you won't, it is all in the take-off and a bit in the follow through. If you get around right, try to keep the momentum of the flip going toward the shore. This will help you stay on your toes. <BR> <BR>If you do it like this, you'll pretty much get there on your first try. The landing is the elusive part. When you do get this trick, it will click and be super easy. It just takes effort and you can't be lazy on it. 99% of the time you'll come up short on the first few tries and hit your bootie/back/and board. It doesn't hurt but it's really annoying. <BR> <BR>Key components to this trick: <BR>A-Fast speed coming in <BR>B-The edge change at the wake (this is a trip flip) <BR>C-Leading the flip with your board and your body at the same time, with hard effort <BR> <BR>Good luck!!

tparider 06-05-2007 9:28 PM

Great tips, Steve.

tparider 06-05-2007 9:30 PM

Just re-reading... <BR> <BR>Steve - can you elaborate on the scarecrow description where you said to "rock 100% of your weight to your front foot." <BR> <BR>I'm a little confused on how you'd actually do this. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

steve_jones 06-05-2007 9:53 PM

Sure, <BR> <BR>I have 100% of my weight on my front toes as I hit the wake and I make sure that my lead shoulder is leaning over my lead foot (toes) toward the nose of board. <BR> <BR>I say the nose so you will lean that way more and not break at the waist, but in reality, it is more like a 30 degree angle to the nose. Regardless, lean over your front toes, while standing super tall, and you will stab the wake as if you were on roller blades hitting a curb. <BR> <BR>Be sure not to break at the waist. <BR> <BR>Hope that helps.

dlwsrider 06-05-2007 10:10 PM

i get front rolls 3/5 times, and crows everytime. <BR> <BR>crows are easier definantly

wpg_waker 06-06-2007 3:07 PM

That's some solid advice man. hopefully i get some decent weather and a couple solid pulls in this weekend to reel it in. Thanks