WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   SS Box Anchor $215 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783048)

srock 08-25-2010 7:28 AM

SS Box Anchor $215

Just picked up a stainless box anchor for West Marine for 215 bucks. I've seen it sitting on the shelf for 4 months, somebody ordered and did not want it. I knew at some point there was a good chance it would be discounted. It's not a popular South Florida anchor.

cwb4me 08-25-2010 7:35 AM

i have a box anchor and i love it mines not ss but it holds perfect even in rough chop and 10 to 12 mph winds.

srock 08-25-2010 7:50 AM

I've purchased on nothing but the great reviews on this site. Stainless was a must have but I was not going to pay 300++ for that anchor. I'm happy. Sure is heavy.

wake_upppp 08-25-2010 8:32 PM

I just used mine for the first time up at Bullards Bar. I forgot to open it and lock it. Just pulled it out of the bag and threw it over! It still worked! LOL

jjaszkow 08-25-2010 8:51 PM

I've done the same as Sparky with similar results. In fact, the lock mechanism is really my only complaint about this anchor. It's a bit tough to engage or release. That said, this anchor works better than anything else I have tried, and takes up less storage space as an added bonus.

When I pulled into our party spot last weekend, one of my friends saw the anchor for the first time and yelled over asking what I was doing tossing a bear trap into the lake.

colombiansurfer 08-26-2010 7:04 AM

Love the box anchor! I too have the SS version and the bag that comes with it hold the rope too. Holds the boat in place even when the 35 footers plus come rolling in, it does not come loose or lose its grip. One of the best investments I have made with the boat. Looking at getting the XS Box for the back.

srock 08-26-2010 7:45 AM

Bear trap is exactly what I thought. The small is not so small or light. For most applications I bet the XS would be more than adequate.

dirwoody 08-26-2010 9:26 AM

Yeah.........mine came off the clasp on the end of the rope while getting the mud off it this weekend in about 14' water. Now I'm looking for a new one - anybody know of any other deals out there!?!?!?!?!?

08-26-2010 9:33 AM

LOL Darren....get a mask and dive down there fool!!! c'mon man up. Oh wait, guess I should just tell Kay to do it....you know she would....

dirwoody 08-26-2010 11:39 AM

Oh don't you worry, I dove down there about 10 times before my ears tried to explode. Problem is the super murky water, you can't see anything! So it's all feel. Oh well. it'll be our new thing to try and find when we're anchored up.

rallyart 08-26-2010 5:05 PM

You just need one of those underwater metal detectors. I think you can get a nice one for about the price of a SS Box Anchor. :)

$215 was an awesome price for a great anchor. Good one Tim.

SangerTom 08-26-2010 9:48 PM

anchor

back in my seadoo days i used to hold 3 - 3 seaters in the colorado river. river was flowing the doos were staying put.

dirwoody 08-27-2010 8:03 AM

Art - I know! We tried a big magnet just dragging it around, but all we found was our back-up anchor which was in use at the time
Oh well