WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through March 18, 2009 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=680898)
-   -   Trailer question: Mastercraft 205v on X2 Trailer? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676989)

grwoolf 03-10-2009 6:17 PM

I've got a 2002 x-star (205v) and have never owned a trailer because I keep my boat on a hydrohoist do all my own maintenance. I'm now in the market because our cove is going dry. I've found a single axle trailer for a 2007 X2 and was wondering if it would work for my Xstar. It looks like the 02 Xstar is about a half foot longer and 6 inches narrower than a new X2. Anyone ever try an x-star/205v on a X2 trailer? my primary concerns: <BR> <BR>1. negative tongue weight from the boat sitting back <BR>2. tracking fins hitting the cross braces (I don't think the X2 has them) <BR> <BR>I can do some cutting/welding if needed, but would prefer to find something that would work without modification. I don't actually plan to trailer the boat for any significant miles, just pull it out until we get some rain. <BR> <BR>Also, if anyone knows of a 205v trailer (or other trailer that might work) available in Texas, let me know. Thanks for the help.

boarditup 03-10-2009 7:39 PM

Very different hull. It will not work well. Contact Phoenix Trailers in northern Michigan if you don't want to have a MC trailer.

wakesk8er2 03-10-2009 7:40 PM

I would say probably not. The newer x-2's are a totally different hull design and the trailers are very different. I could be wrong though, and since you're just storing, it may work just fine. Do you have anyone that could let you borrow a trailer and try it out? Maybe the local MC dealer?

rio_sanger 03-10-2009 7:53 PM

If the bunks do not extend all the way to the transom, it puts undue strain on the hull. Not a real good idea to put a boat on a trailer that was not intended for it for any length of time, especially towing any distance. <BR> <BR> <BR>(Message edited by rio_sanger on March 10, 2009)

grwoolf 03-10-2009 9:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I might try out the X2 trailer just to see if it's even close, but it sounds like it is not going to fit. Where is a used 205 trailer when you need one? I really don't want to spring for a new trailer that will just be sitting out in the sun without a boat on it 99% of the time. Just to confirm, the MC D-5 model trailer is the trailer for the new model X2, not the old X2(my hull), right? When the seller told me he had an X2 trailer, I got excited because my hull was used on the X2 for a few years until the 205v became the X1. I think it's great this hull is still hanging in after all these years.

polarbill 03-10-2009 9:20 PM

Have you checked on the mastercraft owners forum site? You could try some of the mastercraft dealers close to you and see if they have an old shop trailer for a 205 hull. In this economy you may be able to get a used one from them for a couple thousand.