WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through June 21, 2006 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=339308)
-   -   Michigan boat dealers (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331619)

jpshaff01 06-02-2006 9:48 PM

Ok so i have my boat at club royale in waterford michigan and it has now been there for 3 weeks. Like i have talked about in a previous thread named "Leaks", my 86 supra comp was having two pieces of wood replaced. The piece that supports the rudder and the piece that is connected to the driveshaft supoort or whatever you want to call it. I was quoted $1800, would take a total of 18 hours of work, and would be done in a week. I was told if i had not gotten a call to give them a call after a week. <BR> <BR>That was three weeks ago, called them after a week and they said it would be done the next teusday <BR> <BR>Called them on tuesday and they said it would be done the saturday before memorial day <BR> <BR>Then finally went in the saturday before memorial day furious and saw the boat which was half done in the fiberglass area. I then gave the benefit of the doubt and talked to the owner in person who appologized and said he would personally call me the next tuesday. <BR> <BR>So here I am, no call on tuesday from the owner and i was too busy at work this week to call during business hours. I'm planning on taking it to another dealer tomarrow no matter what. So the next two closest are the malibu dealer which is Skier's Pier and the Mastercraft dealer that is Watersports Marine. Does anyone have positive experience with them? <BR> <BR>Sorry to trash the dealer in public but i'm about punch anybody i know from there so i could kind of care less at this point.

jovedawake 06-02-2006 10:53 PM

My friend, who owns a Malibu 21 xti, told me Skier's Pier took a long time to get a simple scratch out of his boat... <BR> <BR>Try this guy. He's located right by Skier's Pier. <BR>He's an honest, hard working guy. He just might be able to help you. <BR> <BR>Ask for Jason. (248)674-WAKE

themann39 06-03-2006 6:30 AM

We have been dealing with watersports marine for a very long time. They are a great dealership. Whenever we have any problems they have always taken care of us. We are on our 4th mastercraft and we will be on the 5th sometime soon. I highly reccomend this dealership.

formulacb 06-03-2006 8:16 AM

All of my Neighbors and I have dealt with Rob and everyone at Club Royale for years. We have always had great service. I have a hard time believing everything you are saying. Keep in mind, you are asking them to work on a 20 year old boat. Nothing is easy on a boat that old. Club Royale has always bent over backwards to make us happy and keep service to a timely event. Not everything has gone perfect, but no complaints here from a life-long customer.

jpshaff01 06-03-2006 8:14 PM

I talked to rob on the phone today after calling and leaving him a message and he said it should be done mon or teus so i left it there. Believe me this guy is not bending over backwards for me and i was nothing but nice to all of them until 2 1/2 weeks in. He accidentally admitted to bumping us back a week to do a bigger 40 hour job on another boat that was mostly fiberglass (and or wood) just like ours. <BR> <BR>He even went so far as to say that i never had anything in writing saying it would be done so i was out of luck and they would finish it when possible. They jumped on the defense as soon as i started asking questions. I dealt more with Tim but now i refuse to talk to anyone but Rob the owner. <BR> <BR>All i asked was that they call me when something wasn't going to happen or the schedule of events changed. I have gotten two calls from them, one when rob called me today after me leaving a message. And one when tim called me to give me the estimate. All the other times we spoke i stopped in or called myself after wondering for days what the hell was going on.

jpshaff01 06-03-2006 8:22 PM

I really love that canned statement though, good looking out club royale. I'm sure we won't see another post from that dummy account.

06-05-2006 4:43 AM

I have a great guy in Livonia that does glass work at a price better than the guys in the Waterford area. It's called Reit's custom boat repair. Skier's Pier is very expensive. Most of the other Boat places use local glass repair like Fred's or Glassmasters. Brian at Reit's has done great work at a better price than the others. 734-632-0022

outbackls 06-05-2006 7:18 AM

Jon, <BR>Sorry to hear about your delays at Club Royale. I'm on my second boat from them and I have also had pretty good service. I've had a couple small things that I was not pleased with but overall they have been good to me. I hope everything works out now on your boat after talking to Rob. The guys in the back are trying to set up that new shop and keep everyone happy... it's not easy I'm sure. But that should not be an excuse. Keep dealing with Rob he will get things done for you.

boarditup 06-05-2006 11:11 AM

Premire on Gun Lake in Wayland, MI would be my first phone call.

fullonsalesgrp 06-05-2006 12:00 PM

I have stayed away from this post until now, Jeff I hear and understand ya completely. When we were looking at boats we called from Battle Creek and asked if they had a Mobe LSV in stock before we left, Rob said yes come on over so we hopped into the truck an sped over there. <BR>On our arrival we went directly to Rob and he said give me 10 minutes, we waited 1/2 hour. He then informed us that they did not have the boat and asked if he could show us some used boats OK we said as to not make it a wasted trip. <BR>He showed us a used decked out outback. <BR>We went inside to talk price and he quoted us 39 and we asked about a new mobe he said well I would have to check prices went up this year , errrrrrrrr what you sell boats you don't know. <BR>Mind you it is now closing time and he is trying to go home we counter 30 he says the owner owes more than that. We scratch our heads and leave. <BR>A week later we go to the Edge in Kzoo and within two days are in a new Vride for about the same price as the two year old outback. <BR>ITCH

fullonsalesgrp 06-05-2006 12:02 PM

I second Premire good people good service

outbackls 06-05-2006 1:37 PM

Itch, <BR>That really suprises me! I really have had good experiances with Club Royale from sales to service. I have even recommended them to quite a few people and still will. But hey I believe what you guys are saying... That sucks and I'll mention it to Rob when I go in next.

wakeville 06-05-2006 3:41 PM

Only positive experience with Watersports Marine, excellent people and service!

mmobius2001 06-05-2006 8:01 PM

i just got my 2nd boat from club royale, and in all defense club royale is at its worst times right now as far as being busy. <BR> <BR>in the last week or so they have had like 16 deliveries. <BR> <BR>they got my boat on thursday before memorial day and i told them i wanted it for the weekend, they pushed and pushed and pushed, there were 8 boats in front of me, i had to do some extra waiting but i got my boat on that saturday. <BR> <BR>if you were out there saturday you would feel for them, the marina looked so crazy, there was actually a 4 car line to get boats launched, Jeff (runner of the marina) was running around like a chicken w/ his head cut off, it was just crazy, but he STILL made time to go out on a boat test w/ me. <BR> <BR>on the flip side, club royale used to have the best service around, i feel that they will still be that way, all though i fear they will care less about the customer since their expansion, for those who dont know they used to have this tiny office and this HUGE service department, they had NO show room, they were small and really cared about the customer. they bought a new showroom and are pretty big time now. have a few diff sales guys now, and i really dislike robs secertary chick, she seems very bitchy on the phone. <BR> <BR>everyone at club royale is nice, but you have to be honest w/ yourself rob is a wheeler dealer when it comes to trade ins, and used sales, i mean he has his business to run so i understand it, but he does throw things in for me here and there and does things to my request. <BR> <BR>so i do like the dealership, and i actually do believe that they probably forgot about your boat, but i thing only because they were swamped. they tryed getting people taken care of 3 weeks before memorial day but it was raining for that week straight and no one would come pick up there boats so for those 2 weeks and proabably still since the weather has broken, they are just crazy swamped now.

jpshaff01 06-06-2006 11:17 AM

Yeah i know they are busy, and my boat is actually at the new location on telegraph. I thought they would be really busy but they told they werent and could get it done fairly quick. Thats why i didn't get a quote from anyone else or do some of the work myself. <BR> <BR>My boat was already there before the rain and memorial day. Today its been there for three and a half weeks. Supposedly will be done tomarrow now. Good God

mmobius2001 06-06-2006 7:38 PM

you have to give them credit though, you said yours is an 88? <BR> <BR>alot of dealers i know wont even touch a boat more than 5yrs old or so, or if they do they are very low priority because they are trying to take care of all the newer customers. <BR> <BR>dont know why it works out that way but it just does.

jpshaff01 06-07-2006 8:52 AM

Jut got a voicemail from them and not only is it done but they managed to add on $200 to the bill in diagnostics before they started they actuall 1800 job or so they say. All they did was take out the seat and move the gas tank to drill into the wood. They also saw this post and got scared, so now they will only accept cash or a certified check. These people are the scum of the earth.

nautique226 06-07-2006 9:05 AM

Its a crazy time of year 4 any michigan boat dealer. If your not happy with the quality of service its simple take your boat somewhere else. Anyone I have talked to has had a possitive experience with Club Royal. Good job bashing them for a fiberglass job on a 88 boat.

jpshaff01 06-07-2006 12:20 PM

I would be so happy right now if they only dealt with boats 5 years old and newer. Who knows what the quality is, i guess we'll see tomarrow.

outbackls 06-09-2006 10:59 AM

Jon, <BR>How did the repair turn out? I hope it looks good. Nothing worse than waiting for the fixes and getting it back not correct. Let us know the final verdict.

fbi 06-09-2006 6:19 PM

It doesn't matter the age of the boat. Here is a good rule for you guys:: <BR> <BR>It takes 110% effort to get a new customer and only 10% to maintain a new customer. Pretty sure I would take care of the existing customer first any day. Especially if they have a boat that the dealer sells and services. The new customer should be able to see that they still take care of this guy and realize that someday, they will be in the same position.

jpshaff01 06-09-2006 11:42 PM

This is the first inboard i have owned so only time will tell what the actual quality of the work is. I will say i trust the fiberglass guy and talked to him when i picked it up today, he seemed enthused and said we should be all good for a long time. <BR> <BR>On the other hand i talked to the owner and tim the secretary about our problems with the bill being $260 too high (over what we approved)and they literally told me "<font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font> if you want your boat back you'll pay the $2060 and sue me if you don't like it." So just know that is their attitude, they both said that and i never used any profanity or threatened them in any way. <BR> <BR>Then in regards to my first post on this thread where i said <BR> <BR>"Sorry to trash the dealer in public but i'm about punch anybody i know from there so i could kind of care less at this point." <BR> <BR>They both said that i could punch them in the face anytime. So my lawyer is looking into the legality of those statements. <BR> <BR>I told rob that in two years i'll come to his dealership with $10-15k in cash, show it to him, and tell him this is what he could have had. I will buy a new boat within the next couple years and this is no way to treat somebody just because they have an older boat. Guys like me are the ones that ride behind these boats and are the future of the wake-boat sales. He lost somebody who could have been a loyal customer. <BR> <BR>So we paid the $2060 in cash and towed it away, at least i don't have to waste anymore time with these children. <BR>

clubroyale 06-10-2006 12:43 PM

<font face="arial,helvetica"></font>There is always 2 sides to a story.. So here is our side. We were the 2nd company to handle this boat. The first company that serviced this boat did not tell him ALL of the problems this boat had. They just replaced the stringers and did some other mechanical work to it. When we got the boat our mechanics looked over the boat to find the problems and fixed them. The interior had to be dismantled including the floor. It did take a while but the boat is 18 years old. We're sorry that this person had a bad experience with Club Royale, but you have to understand that we were EXTREMLY busy at the time that the customer brought the boat in for service. The customer was being UNREASONABLE from the beginning. We gave the customer a discount on the services that were done on this boat. If we were looking to screw this customer, we would have charged you a lot more than $2060.00. Also, we do value our customers! This is why we had to get a bigger facility to better serve our customers. In the receptionist defense EVERYONE HAS A BAD DAY ONCE IN A WHILE.. <font face="arial,helvetica"></font><font face="arial,helvetica"></font>

jpshaff01 06-10-2006 7:49 PM

See you in court

rmack 06-20-2006 1:06 PM

WOW!

rmack 06-20-2006 1:13 PM

This sounds like: <BR>1. The boat owner had some pretty unrealistic expectations. <BR>2. The dealership didn't keep the owner informed about the progress of the boat <BR>3. Both parties forgot to have their milk and cookies before bed. <BR> <BR>Lesson: Business owners need to treat their customers with repect and boat owners need to calm down and understand their not the only customer the dealer is working with.