WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Need Help, Any Title/Real estate People (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790952)

lugwrench 11-24-2011 12:29 PM

Need Help, Any Title/Real estate People

I've been shopping for a new home so I paid for a foreclosure listing site. I've found a home on my local lake that went into foreclosure and is now bank owned. A few years ago some friends bought a bank owned home by calling the bank before it was posted for sale and were able to negotiate a sweetheart price, so I'd like to at least call the bank and found out what the plan for the home is.

I've tried to find contact information for the bank that owns the home but havn't had any luck. An extensive google search has gotten me the mailing address, but no phone number. I called information and tried to get the phone number but again no luck. So is there any public document I can get that would give me the contact information of the bank that owns the property?

Thanks

Here is what I've found thus far

GOSHEN MORTGAGE REO L L C
411 W PUTNAM AVE
GREENWICH CT 06830-6261

11-25-2011 3:50 AM

Try filing and adverse possession claim, they'll find you.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0032.htm

psudy 11-25-2011 7:47 AM

Go to the county records and pull the mortgage/deed of trust and get the info from there. What you posted sounds more like a real estate company that could be managing the property. If that is in fact what that company is, you will have no chance contacting the bank.

lugwrench 11-25-2011 12:22 PM

That's what I was looking for Paul thanks. They are listed as the purchaser/owner of the property but you think they are a third party that manages the property for the bank?

psudy 11-25-2011 1:37 PM

Its hard to tell exactly. I couldn't find anything on them either. They are either a company that buys up OREO property from banks, or they manage them for banks. If it was an actual mortgage company then you would be able to find them online(or they are a real crappy one!).

One quick way is to go to the county website were the home is located and pull up the county appraisal. They will list the owner. If its the same, then you will probabaly have to work through a listing agent. Just throw out a low ball and see what happens.

11-29-2011 3:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psudy (Post 1719418)
Its hard to tell exactly. I couldn't find anything on them either. They are either a company that buys up OREO property from banks, or they manage them for banks. If it was an actual mortgage company then you would be able to find them online(or they are a real crappy one!).

One quick way is to go to the county website were the home is located and pull up the county appraisal. They will list the owner. If its the same, then you will probabaly have to work through a listing agent. Just throw out a low ball and see what happens.

I am almost 100% sure that Goshen is a company that services REO properties for individual banks and probably doesn't actually own the property. I bought a small acreage in Texas from them. I think they are similar to First Preston and just manage properties. Many of these companies get themselves listed as the owner of record in order to shield the bank from inquiries about the property. This is exactly what First Preston does.

What is the property address?

lugwrench 11-29-2011 6:55 PM

I think you and Paul are right about that Sam. I spent the better part of the day calling the CT chamber of commerce, county clerks, title offices etc trying to track down Goshen and was stumped each time, probably the way they want it.

Here's the info on the property,
4170 Rich Dr.
Waterford MI, 48329
Parcel Id: 1306256001

Thanks for the help guys, we've been reinvigorated because we had put an offer in on another home on the same lake but were trumped by someone offering cash. Kind of hard to turn cash down so I don't blame them. So we're back to shopping again.

11-30-2011 9:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lugwrench (Post 1719834)

Thanks for the help guys, we've been reinvigorated because we had put an offer in on another home on the same lake but were trumped by someone offering cash. Kind of hard to turn cash down so I don't blame them. So we're back to shopping again.

Good luck. This exact same thing just happened to me yesterday. Quite the bummer

psudy 11-30-2011 12:36 PM

Thats messed up. If you had an approval letter, it shouldn't make a difference if it was cash or not.

11-30-2011 1:25 PM

That's what I thought. I had the approval letter, they still took the cash and I'm pretty sure the offer was for less than mine.

acurtis_ttu 12-02-2011 7:44 AM

if the seller wants a very quick close...cash would probably be faster? just a guess. and if there's one thing I've learned...people dont' alwsy make rational decisions. for example...my neighbor ,on the lake, wanted the house next door to me, he over paid by about 25% ( based ont he appraisial) b/c he "wanted" the house. the homeowner was upside down by about 10-15%. I know b/c I knew the guy who built the hsoue and sold it to him.