WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   whirly help (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618111)

majorryan2212 08-22-2008 9:28 PM

hey i can do a pretty good tantrum what are some tips for taking it to whirly?

salsajs3030 09-03-2008 8:08 PM

First, wear a helmet. Whirly is the same pull, after you square up at the top of the wake to throw your tantrum, instead of throwing your head straight back, throw it back and towards your back arm, then burry your leading arm's arm pit in to your face and let it ride...you'll feel yourself do the first "180", after that point, spot your landing and end your tantrum -you'll come right around. <BR>Good luck.

popkarma 09-10-2008 11:50 PM

when i do this trick it pulls me back to tantrum cuz i have sooooo much line tension. even when i throw my head toward the back. any help for my problem?

focker 09-16-2008 11:40 AM

Learn it on a trampoline first and foremost - this will atleast get you up to speed to the general feel of the rotation. <BR> <BR>You have to get your body laid out to some extent as you will be rotating the line over your head. What helps me was arching my back a little more off the wake to help get in-line for the overhead rotation. The key here is initiating the overhead rotation, once you figure out how to get your body laid out and in line with the rope (less rope tension) it will be a matter of time before you land it.

briand 09-23-2008 4:49 PM

MAJOR! you cant do a tantrum!!!!!!!! you didnt even get close last time we rode!

dhands88 12-04-2008 5:56 PM

i dont know how long this is been up here but your head goes towords the boat so that u dont have line tension face buried n armpit. pop first head towards boat not away. will free up line tension

adamsilcio 12-29-2008 8:36 AM

i was learning this on the trampoline and i pulled my shoulder really bad. i didn't dislocate it, but i stressed it enough for it to be sore for a few days. <BR> <BR>first question is, if i tore something in my shoulder would i know for sure? i don't hear any popping or feel anything moving around when i roll it or throw light punches. it's just really sore. <BR> <BR>second, the reason i tweaked my shoulder is because i think when i am doing the 360 in the whirlybird, my head and shoulders are being turned outward and away and my arm is being pulled by the tension of the rope (like my arm gets behind my head at the end of the rotation). am i supposed to keep my arm in and hand close to or in front of my face in order to prevent my shoulder from be hyperextended? part of the other problem is sometimes i am landing bent over as if i am being pulled forward. <BR> <BR>any advice on how to prevent hurting my shoulder and landing correctly? <BR> <BR>please and thank you, <BR>adam

curtbernstein 03-04-2009 11:39 PM

when you pop off the wake you want to start with the handle very close to your body, and almost do a sort of upper cut with the handle to get past that "point" where your shoulder won't get tweaked up.. as you are uppercutting, focus on bringing the handle over the top of your head. To make this easier, focus on getting really solid vertical pop off the wake, enough so that your board can keep up with your upper body.. if you rush it, your lower body wont catch up and you will either make it by putting a lot of torque on your midsection, or you will not make it and put a lot of strain on your shoulder. Most important -- master this trick on the trampoline, and try taking your tantrum into a late whirly.. I hope this helps!