WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Job wants to move me to Alvarado, TX (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771591)

waketx05 01-28-2010 2:25 PM

Its right by Ft. Worth.. i know the new cable is goin up.. but i gotta have a boat pull too.. any help??

wakekat15 01-28-2010 3:40 PM

Check out dallaswakeboarding.com, but many of those riders are on WW too! Great scene in the area with lots of lake/river options.

roomservice 01-28-2010 3:51 PM

Dont sweat it RyanP, you'll be in a little bit-o-heaven. You've got the Brazos river, Granbury, Benbrook, Eagle mountain, Lake Worth and that's all within like 15-30 minutes. Then you can play over in dallas at hubbard, lewisville and more all within an hour or so drive.

andrew_moreton 01-28-2010 4:25 PM

<a href="http://www.txmcwakepark.com" target="_blank">www.txmcwakepark.com</a> is in East Fort Worth.

brazosfreak05 01-28-2010 5:09 PM

Alvarado actually has its own little lake. If you get out during the week you wont see many boats. But as mentioned above the brazos river is the place to be. It is the only spot i ride in thte metroplex. Does not matter what the conditions are you will always find some glass.

bmr82 01-29-2010 7:19 AM

Ryan, I live in Granbury. Not far from Alverado. We ride every chance we get and always looking for more riders. Plus you will have access to the top secret spots.....

innov8 01-29-2010 8:26 AM

Well, what are you waiting for? <BR> <BR>For Wake what more could you ask for: <BR> <BR>River riding <BR>Lakes <BR>Cable Park. <BR>When you get down here, call me at the shop, we will have our Epic's on the lake and at the river, so pulls wont be a problem.

waketx05 01-30-2010 7:27 PM

AWEEESSSSOOMMMEEEE!!! i dont have my own boat but im more than a better 3rd. the job has me gone often but wen im off i like to ride as much as possible. ill keep everyone posted.. appreciate it guys!!

jonb 01-31-2010 9:02 PM

I might be moving there as well.

fijidaniel 02-03-2010 6:11 AM

Finding a pull shouldn't be a problem on that side of town! DWB is a little slow in the winter time, but will soon have a lot more posts for thirds. Welcome to the are.

nbeihl 02-03-2010 11:43 AM

I would take a job scooping poop if it brought me close to the Brazos River!

waketx05 02-03-2010 1:30 PM

yea.. thanks again guys. im on dallaswakeboarding.com now under waketx05.. ill be posting!

blake_hughes 02-03-2010 4:44 PM

You'll be fine... There are plenty of boats/riders in the area... Good people too. <BR> <BR>If you don't have any luck, or I miss your posts, give me a shout... We'll take my boat if it's not repossessed by then.

waketx05 02-04-2010 12:57 PM

lol.. thanks blake.. good luck with that.. they tried to take my truck about a month ago.. which is y i wanna go up there.. more work

bmr82 02-05-2010 1:38 AM

Blake, you can always hide it at my house. We'll tell security there is a someone posing as repo men trying to steal boats. They will never get in to get it. Or we could just swap reg numbers, haha.

blake_hughes 02-05-2010 5:09 PM

Ryan, <BR>What type of work is bringing you to the D/FW area? <BR> <BR>Bret, <BR>That's a great idea... I'm not sure a repo-guy could breach your community security team! Lol

bmr82 02-05-2010 10:13 PM

Not with that old man at the gate....hahaha That guy puts you on trial when you come through. <BR> <BR>Ryan, you coming for the Gas Business?

innov8 02-06-2010 7:25 AM

Hahahah Sounds like the guy at our front gate at Pecan Plantation. <BR> <BR>My brother in laws brother came to visit, he is an FBI agent and when he pulled up to the gate he showed the guard is FBI Id and the guard said to him, I don't care if your the POTUS you are not getting in here without your brother calling the front gate to call you in. Hahahahaha

bmr82 02-06-2010 7:35 AM

Jeff, you live in Pecan too? <BR>Yeah that's him. He works the back gate a lot now. He is a pain in the a$$, the ironic thing is we pay him to be that way.....lol Oh well. Half the time he doesn't let people in even when I do call them in.

innov8 02-06-2010 7:53 AM

Yes Bret, I live on Ravenswood road I have a house on the river. <BR> <BR>Yes he can be a pain in the ass, but I am glad they are tuff on getting in.

bmr82 02-07-2010 12:35 AM

I couldn't remember his name last night, but Web is his name. hahah. I live off Concord ct. across from sandy beach.

waketx05 02-08-2010 12:56 PM

bret. yea.. gas testing. i got a buddy workin up there now.. and im waitin on my phone call for wen i start

bmr82 02-08-2010 2:57 PM

Nice, which company? My family has been in the business my whole life.

waketx05 02-09-2010 11:18 AM

Precision Gas Well Testing. I used to work for Wood Groups branch here in El Campo. But when they shut down I got outta it. Now since being a carpenter during a recession isnt really cutting it. Im trying to get back in.

tl7 02-09-2010 7:14 PM

Ryan - not to hijack, but where is the spot to ride close to El Campo? We're in Sugar Land and normally hit the SBR every weekend, but would be nice to hit another spot occasionally. Just curious if you don't mind sharing!

waketx05 02-10-2010 11:06 AM

There is nothing exactly by el campo. we ride the francitas river alot. but u either have to know someone with a ramp on it.. or be able to run up from the bay in 3 ft of water. Also the Tres Palacios river. it has public ramps but its narrow. both are brackage water and neither are very nice. we mostly ride behind a buddies boat that has trim tabs so he can run in shallow water. then once we get to where the river widens up. we fill up sacks. IDK if its worth your trip. but we are the only ppl on either one of them on a saturday or sunday.