WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ronix One 2012 Time Bomb??? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790116)

jsmilez321 09-13-2011 9:04 AM

Ronix One 2012 Time Bomb???

Hey guys new to community, but get on here everyday and read post. So finally got an account.. Here is what goin on need some advice or info or heck just some input.

I bought my 2010 Ronix One July 4th of 2010 loved the board! it cracked this June though so sent it back Ronix hooked it up and sent me the 2011 One ATR so sick! but only after two months cracked again this weekend... and I was out of warranty time...

So after biting my finger nails until yesterday I contacted my dealer and Ronix is hooking it up once again!!! Big Shout out to them for taking care of their customer and they are going to ship me the 2012 One... but here is the question i am thinking about trying to work out a deal where i can pay a little extra for this Time Bomb One board they have been talking about. The rep at the PWT in Knoxville was saying it supposed to be like all this new technology and lighter and a new core and etc.
So does anyone out there know anything about this time bomb board???

ixfe 09-13-2011 10:32 AM

What are you doing that causes your boards to break?

I have a 2010 Ronix One and I love it. I hope it never breaks.

jsmilez321 09-13-2011 11:06 AM

Man i loved my 2010 too....changed my riding completely.. just simple inverts when I broke my 2010 i was just doing a tantrum it cracked closer to my back leg right through the middle where the screws go in.. and this weekend i was just charging and trying to land way out in the flats did it twice then noticed a little crack when i got off the water right where the board transitions from the rounded edge to the flat beveled edge towards my front leg. then really inspected it was cracked on the heelside edge and toe side edge.. guess it was a weak point. Also one of the bottom one of the molded fin part was cracked too. Never hit a rail or anything! I was very proud of my board kept it inside when i wasn't out of the boat and all that stuff.

TheHebrewHammer 09-13-2011 11:17 AM

Hmmm, never seen one of these boards break, but the fins on them always break.

jsmilez321 09-13-2011 11:27 AM

yeah my "ramp-1 inch" fins broke after the first week too.But man I broke two in one summer. I am not knockin Ronix products I love their stuff & their people they have taken care of me twice!! But I usually ride 3-4 days a week in the summer and take usally 2-3 sessions a day. So I definately get my use out of them..

bobbysky 09-13-2011 12:12 PM

are you wearing ronix bindings too? I broke 3 one boards, then 2 hyperlite mareks last year while wearing ronix cells. We figured out on the bottom of has a hard part between where it screws down and the soft footbed. I was breaking those boards on either my front or back foot but right on the same spots your describing. Since I switch to the hyperlite system I haven't broken my board this year.

jsmilez321 09-13-2011 12:20 PM

yeah man i wear the 2010 Ronix One's... i have never heard that before.Ronix bindings actually breaking boards.. i figured it was the torsion from one foot twisting one way and the other foot twisting the other way weakens the core eventually casing it to snap... and i would hate to give up my one bindings they are soooo comfortable & the other day i got into some 2009 or 2010? murray bindings my buddy had and thought they were so stiff and bulky.

TheHebrewHammer 09-14-2011 8:31 AM

Just read up on the time bomb. If you can get your hands on one, DO IT. It's a new lighter, stiffer, poppier core (supposedly). It's supposed to be like the ATR, only MORE. It sounds like it'll be the sickest ride in the Ronix line for some time to come, and I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed. Unless there's a huge price difference, get the time bomb and then get your ass on WW and tell us how it rides!

stephan 09-14-2011 8:46 AM

It's cool that Ronix is hooking you up again. Word of caution, I have no personal experience with this new Ronix core or anything, my only experience is that usually the lighter core, the more fragile it is. So get ready to break the new one too. All boards break, its just a fact of some riders life. If it gets ridiculous you might want to look into a board that is designed to flex and is less brittle.

jsmilez321 09-14-2011 10:21 AM

I am for sure gonna attempt to get the time bomb.. I live in TN and had to ship the board all the way out to liquidation sports in Wenatchee Wa. then they gotta send it to Ronix so the process takes a while. Last time it took almost four weeks to get it back to me. But i tried to email Ryan the warranty guy at Ronix to see if we can work out a deal still no reply... but my concern if I pay 50-100$ to get the upgrade. will they issue me a new warranty? i am all about the new and improved stuff but with this new core I dunno if the board will last... So i am trying to figure out all the small details... But hebrew I can assure you when i get Im putting the wet suit on and goin to the lake... I will def give you guys the update om how it compares to the other ronix board ive ridden

ridin_sidways 09-14-2011 1:22 PM

I dunno. . . It sounds like your last 2 Ronix boards were Time Bombs.

jason95gt 09-15-2011 8:42 AM

The warranty for most wakeboard companies is one or two years from original date of purchase. If they help you out after that is just them being nice, but otherwise you do not get another year warranty on the new board.

jsmilez321 09-15-2011 11:08 AM

Update: no time bomb for me... Talked to the warranty guy @ Ronix these boards are apparently special orders and I can pre-order one for full cost, but 530$ is a bit pricey for my taste.. i guess i will be whipping the One Modello....

TheHebrewHammer 09-15-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmilez321 (Post 1708784)
Update: no time bomb for me... Talked to the warranty guy @ Ronix these boards are apparently special orders and I can pre-order one for full cost, but 530$ is a bit pricey for my taste.. i guess i will be whipping the One Modello....

Prolly still an upgrade. Congrats!

fifty 09-15-2011 3:51 PM

my 2012 one with 2012 one boots is about as light a set up as I can imagine.... really love this board you will to Im sure

dlockett99 09-16-2011 4:19 PM

Im riding the 12 modello. Its a different ride than the old one, but by the third set I started really liking it. A lot looser than the old one, but I like how it releases earlier off the wake. It has more pop believe it or not. I thinks its from a bigger flat spot right in the middle. The pop is more straight up pop than out.

hyperlite_boards 09-16-2011 6:01 PM

the 2012 ronix stuff is up on the site jsyk

jsmilez321 09-19-2011 11:31 AM

More pop! thats hard to believe... i went from a 08 Obrien vice i cracked (go figure) to the one and I kid u not i was ridin in some nasty chop behind an x45 on center hill lake TN, first time on the board & first jump of the july 4th weekend that year and got booted & ended up with 10 stiches across my forehead haha needles to say i looked like Tonto the rest of the weekend... but i noticed that late pop on the old one but once i got used to it man i loved the it.. ive progressed so much since then .. so im pretty anxious about the new board and im keepin the boat out so when it comes in around the begining of october im definately takin some sets

dlockett99 09-21-2011 5:43 PM

After riding the board more, I think the pop is coming from more speed. This is a fast board!

501s 09-22-2011 7:06 AM

Just how loose is the new One board? I have a Watson Hybrid and was thinking of going to this board. Is it a lot looser then a Watson? I like the idea of it being a bit faster.

dlockett99 09-23-2011 1:02 AM

Its really not that loose. I would say its about equal to the Watson in looseness. Its not near as loose as my buddy's Harley.