WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wake Events (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=776974)
-   -   Wake N Flake 2011 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785371)

eccpaint 01-07-2011 7:21 AM

Wake N Flake 2011

For the past few years a group of us here in North Carolina get together and wakeboard and snowboard on the same day to raise money for Wake the World.

The first year we had 43 riders, last year we had 63 riders. This year we expect to have 90+. We already have had 22 people to sign up on the first day of registration! We have expanded from one lake in 2009 to four lakes this year. We are hoping to get some people involved in Tennessee that can meet us at Apalachian Ski Mountain in the evening.

Who all lives in a place where you can do both in one day? Wouldn't it be neat to have a nation wide day of wakeboarding/ snowboarding.

I know that in Washington they have the Baker to Bow run. And California is probably another good area to do both.

What do you think about a national Wake N Flake Day? March 6th. First Sunday in March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Q1Ab4X8fU

kruiserkat 01-07-2011 8:02 AM

A few of us have always wanted to do a long day of hitting the mtn in the spring at timberline, then cruising to the coast for some surfing, then to the lake or river for some boarding. Could always do a little kiteboarding too. That would be a day.

daveronix199 01-07-2011 10:29 AM

yo greg this idea is sweet Move it into the summer so us CANADIANs can ride the market is growing up here and i have 30 people off hand here that would ride and support

scotthons 01-07-2011 1:28 PM

We have talked about doing this as well. We could probably get a quick set behind the boat at Navajo Lake then running up to Durango for some snowboarding.

eccpaint 01-16-2011 5:38 AM

The first year we did this, I had to explain it to every person that went. Every year it gets better, more people participating and less explaining about what it is. This year has been has been great. I'm getting a lot of emails that start off with "I heard about Wake N Flake from ..." I've always believed that "word of mouth" was the best advertising. It's really great to see it happening!

wake2live_COMA 01-16-2011 8:33 AM

national wake n flake day

I personally think its a great idea, and not only because its on my birthday. I participated in wake n flake last year and though I broke my wrist at the end of the day I really enjoyed the experience. It is also amazing to see the final outcome in the summer when all the kids get to come out on the lake with us. A national wake n flake day would definently give people a chance to see that boarders care too.

eccpaint 01-20-2011 2:13 PM

Just Plain Justin from WKZL radio has signed up to do Wake N Flake with us.

hawkeye7708 01-20-2011 6:52 PM

Greg, I'm jealous of your ability to do that down in North Carolina... I'm so inspired that I'm going to try to set one of these up in Wisconsin.

It'll be BrRrRrRrRrilliant! haha

ryanw209 01-20-2011 7:19 PM

My friends and I here in Nor-cal would definately be down! I should be able to get a big group too! We've talked about it for awhile but never did it.

eccpaint 01-20-2011 7:37 PM

Monster Energy told us they going supply Monsters at all 4 of our lakes that day & bring the Monster truck to Belews Lake (where the biggest crowd is). awesomeness.........

hawkeye7708 01-20-2011 7:45 PM

That's awesome Greg!

eccpaint 01-23-2011 6:30 AM

It's great how all the boat dealers are so supportive of this FUNdraiser. All of them offer more than ask and usually offer a second boat if we need it. BUT...... There is one dealer that will not participate. I talked to him again this year. I said, " I know you haven't participated in the past, but I wanted let you know that we love to have you out and represent your brand." His response was, "I don't see anything in it for me. I don't think I'd sell a boat that day."

Well, I am not going to beg him to participate. I want him to come because he wants to be a part of a community project. He may not sell a boat, but I guarantee you that most of the participants are customers of the participating dealers. Boat owners like to see their dealers involved in the community.

eccpaint 03-03-2011 8:06 PM

Wake N Flake has been rescheduled due to weather. The new date is March 13th.