WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Road Bike Guys (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777868)

puckinshat 03-24-2010 1:51 PM

Road Bike Guys

It's back to riding season for us here in MN, logged about 35 miles this week already and am going back out today. Anyone else putting some good miles on their bike already this season.

Also, does anyone have an extra 90mm stem lying around?

magic 03-24-2010 2:00 PM

I might have a 90mm stem laying around. Will look tonight. You can have it if I do.

bbeach 03-24-2010 2:19 PM

finally unleashed my road bike from the trainer - taking it out tonight actually! So sick of that trainer!

puckinshat 03-24-2010 2:24 PM

I thought about buying a trainer. Rode a stationary in the gym last fall and said not a chance in hell I'll use a trainer. Glad I didn't buy one.

onthewatermo 03-24-2010 2:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Lake Roads around here aren't conducive to road riding but I might have to force the issue after picking up this gem on Craigslist the other day. The bike was built in the early 80's and doesn't appear to have been ridden at all.

03-24-2010 7:31 PM

i put in about 100 miles last week. im mostly getting ready for mtn bike season. i want to do some racing. i picked up an 06 trek 1000 from a buddy pretty cheap and have been tooling around on that

brycejb328 03-24-2010 7:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckinshat (Post 1565310)
It's back to riding season for us here in MN, logged about 35 miles this week already and am going back out today. Anyone else putting some good miles on their bike already this season.

Also, does anyone have an extra 90mm stem lying around?

I put 26 miles on my full suspension over the weekend :D to start getting my legs back for offroad cycling.

Any MN people ride lebanon hills, salem, terrace oaks??

oldmansteck 03-25-2010 3:59 PM

I did my first century of the season (solvang) two weeks ago. It was good to get the first long ride of the season under my legs. Anyone doing an cool events this year?

jeff_mn 03-25-2010 4:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brycejb328 (Post 1565437)
I put 26 miles on my full suspension over the weekend :D to start getting my legs back for offroad cycling.

Any MN people ride lebanon hills, salem, terrace oaks??

I didn't know you rode Bryce. I just sold my Schwinn roady last summer.. I did a couple tri's on it a few summers back. I don't have a bike anymore - ran out of time. Too many hobbies - not enough incentive and motivation to get to all of em.

Wish I would have known - I would have kept it and put some miles on this year.

brycejb328 03-25-2010 6:18 PM

Jeff, ya i've been a offroad cycler for quite some time, a good friend who i ride with is convincing me to do a race with him (hes raced before) and i'm actually thinking of picking up a entry level road bike as i feel i can better condition myself if i mix offroad cycling with road biking.

I hear ya on the too many hobbies... i get addicted to new stuff WAY to easily!!

goinbigg17 03-25-2010 8:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brycejb328 (Post 1565937)
I hear ya on the too many hobbies... i get addicted to new stuff WAY to easily!!

You should try working for REI....WAY to many activities to get involved in working there.

bbeach 03-26-2010 8:00 AM

Nick what do you do for REI? I work for one of your competitors :D