WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through November 07, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=644838)
-   -   slingshot pink pearl or hyperlite blur???? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632704)

cem_cyprus 10-05-2008 1:59 AM

any ideas please??? <BR> <BR>or a better board for a lady??? <BR> <BR>thanx!

helix_rider 10-05-2008 9:20 AM

My wife has the CWB Sapphire and absolutely loves it! She also has had the Hyperlite Eden, LF Trip, and Murray's board the Temet. She ranks the Sapphire well above all 3 boards (As long as you are wanting the pop of a 3-stage).

old_timer 10-05-2008 10:36 AM

Is there actually any difference in male/female boards besides the "look"? Seems like there are way more options out there for guys, some of the guy boards may actually be a better option for some girls, I would think...

hawkeye7708 10-05-2008 3:54 PM

There really isn't a TON of difference between men's vs. women's boards. If they're the same shape as a men's board, for example, last year's (2008) Hyperlite SYN and the Tribute were the same shape, they're going to ride the same. There is obviously a size difference, and a graphic difference, but the same shape is going to ride like the same shape. Where the difference comes in, is a board for women, designed by women. The Coy, Jett... etc... are they're own shape. And they obviously have their own riding characteristics, and may be less aggressive potentially. Just my thoughts.... Ive gotten a few of my lady friends on the Hyperlite Premier and they've loved it.

old_timer 10-05-2008 4:03 PM

That's kind of my point. I don't think the ladies should exclusively look at female boards. There may be a better fit out there even if it may not be marketed toward them. I know there are plenty of girls out there that probably want a super aggresive board with huge pop.

wakerider111 10-05-2008 5:53 PM

I know a couple of girls who wont ride girl boards simply because none of them come in a larger size. These are not "bigger" girls by any means either... they just prefer the larger boards' feel. <BR> <BR>cem_cyprus, <BR> <BR>can you give us more details and preferences that you want from your ride (or the person you are buying for). What is most important to you? speed, soft landings, wake to wake style jumping, sliders/rail-riding, etc.???? <BR> <BR>If you have any way to demo (be it at a store or riding a friends board) do that FIRST. <BR> <BR>check the ratings for the boards on this website. as has been stated, the womens boards are the same as mens shapes so make sure to check the reviews for the mens versions too. <BR> <BR>The Blur has a "subtle 3 stage" rocker and will have a bit of an aggressive wake-to-wake style of pop, but not so aggressive as a "3 stage" (- the "subtle") <BR> <BR>The pink pearl is a "continuous" rocker and will have a more "controlled" pop. continuous rockers are generally a faster board too vs 3 stage. this one is also a flex board and will ride completely different than any other non-flex board. Most tend to believe they land softer than any other board. <BR> <BR>i personally am a huge fan of the flex boards and will never own anything else. super fun to ride. people either seem to love it or dislike it. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR><font size="-1">if some of this seemed redundant or was info you already knew then i apologize</font>}

slob02 10-05-2008 6:05 PM

The Blur comes in a 136.