WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through January 18, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=537823)
-   -   Ski Rixen - South Florida - Slider Board Needed (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529031)

wakecis 12-20-2007 12:37 PM

Anybody near the Ski Rixen have a used board to sell. Any used board with a decent shape. length around 137. <BR>No bindings needed. <BR> <BR>It costs $100 to fly with a wakeboard, so anything under that would be ideal.

timmy 12-20-2007 12:54 PM

when are you going to be there?

wakedude83 12-20-2007 12:56 PM

I've never been charged to fly with my wakeboard. I've had 3 in one bag and there was still no charge. I've flown all different airlines, too.

wakecis 12-20-2007 1:00 PM

I'll be at the rixen Saturday, and if a get a board then again later in the week. <BR> <BR>Spirit Airlines and Jetblue charge $50 each way for surboards, golf bags, etc... I've always been charged for wakeboards and surfboards, except in Australia.

dreevs 12-20-2007 1:00 PM

Some people are too honest. Ive never been questioned - and I never offer. Ive flown with snowboards and never been charged.

kingskrew 12-20-2007 1:04 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>It costs $100 to fly with a wakeboard, so anything under that would be ideal.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR> <BR>I've been told (I haven't done it myself, so I don't know firsthand) that if you tell the airline that it's a snowboard, it's free. They do this to encourage travel for ski trips. If you tell them its anything else, they assume surfboard (especially if you say its for water) and they charge you an arm and a leg. I'd try saying it's a snowboard. <BR> <BR>-Steve

timmy 12-20-2007 1:08 PM

I have never been charged either. What time are you riding on saturday? Which day later in the week? <BR> <BR>I might consider coming down, and if so I could let you borrow a board. I have to catch a flight sat afternoon and I will be back tues afternoon.

wakecis 12-20-2007 1:14 PM

fair enough. i'm bringing with and claiming snowboard.

eternalshadow 12-20-2007 1:40 PM

I tell them it's a wakeboard all the time and only once have they tried to ding me extra, until they saw the bag off my back... I told them it's a snowboard for water and no big deal.

lfxstar 12-20-2007 2:31 PM

caught me on the wrong week, would have let you use one of my setups for free but i will BE IN HAWAII...WOOOT

wakechic06 12-20-2007 6:53 PM

I was just there last thursday and flew with my board from washington. They asked and I said it was a snowboard. On the way back the guy just assumed it was a snowboard. He was old and I assumed he didn't even know what a wakeboard was. So no charge here. <BR> <BR>And ski rixen was awesome. It was my first time on a cable park but if they ask you if you've ever done it before, say yes. They made me do a lap on a kneeboard before I could use my wakeboard. I fell at the first corner, had to walk back and do it again. Then took me three tried to get up even on the wakeboard. After that, no problem. Even hit the first kicker a few times. Couldn't go longer than two hours though cause my hands hurt so bad I couldn't hold onto the handl anymore! lol <BR> <BR>Have fun!