WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   wrapped 3 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255304)

tings00 09-20-2005 9:59 AM

so 4 years ago i landed a wrapped 3 and i havent done one sice. i took 2 years off wakeboarding and have only tried a handful in the last 2 years and i haven't even come close. it seems like i can barely cut because it is already trying to pull me around. and when i do jump it usually ends up upside down and out of control. it is just really awkward and frustrating since i landed them a while ago. anybody have any tips or ideas of somethin i am doing wrong

stunt3342 09-20-2005 5:06 PM

When u make ur cut in your being pulled because you don't have enough tension on the front handle, really concentrate on sticking the front handle on your hip and pop off the top of the wake. don't release the small handle immediatly at the top of the wake, wait until your in the air to start your rotation.

tings00 09-22-2005 1:06 PM

anybody else have any other advise

ryan_shima1 09-22-2005 10:02 PM

Blake, <BR> If you're wrapped correctly, it doesn't take long or much to learn how to edge in properly to the wake. That's mainly the key, along with just making sure you WAIT until you're at the highest point of the pop before unwrapping. <BR> <BR> It's tough to explain in words but I'll give it a try. Maybe we'll get a chance to ride together before the season is over and I can help you with it. <BR> <BR>1. Make sure your wrap position is correct before starting your approach to the wake - (If you're left foot forward, and spinning FS you will be holding the big handle with the left hand and the small handle with the right when wrapped) <BR>-Once you start wrapping up, make sure your left elbow and shoulder is solid &amp; square with your hip. <BR>-The top of your left forearm rests against your lower back with the big handle in hand. The left palm should be facing away from your back. In this position, your left hand should be on the right side of your lower back. <BR>-The right hand should be firmly gripped on the small handle with even pressure between the small handle and the bid handle. <BR> <BR>2. Once wrapped properly, keep your weight even on both feet as you edge towards the wake. <BR> <BR>3. Also, keep your shoulders and hips level while edging in. This will help you keep your board on edge and constant load on the line by using your body weight. You should feel like you're leaning back into your left forearm that's placed along your lower back. <BR> <BR>4. Keep this position as you approach the wake. <BR> <BR>5. Take your time as you ride up the wake, DON'T RUSH! You don't have to force the rotation. <BR> <BR>6. Once you leave the wake, make sure you wait until you're at the highest point of your pop before you look over your left shoulder to start your rotation. <BR> <BR>7. Keep your chin up, don't look at the water. If you're getting out of control, it could be because you're trying to spin right off the wake and looking towards the water. <BR> <BR>8. Once you begin the rotation look for the boat and keep the left hand/handle in. If you let it out, you could be pulled out the front. <BR> <BR> I know this is a lot of information, but I hope it gives you a sequential process that will help you make your wrapped 360's consistent. <BR> <BR> Let me know when you plan to ride again at Jordanelle or Deer Creek, maybe we could hook up to ride.

tings00 09-23-2005 9:01 AM

i have always tried backside spins when wrapped (ie: little handle in left hand and big handle in right hand). is it easier to do frontside. I know its easier to do frontside spind normally, but i heard it is easier to do a wrapped backside then frontside. <BR>FYI: this is for regular footed spins

ryan_shima1 09-23-2005 10:17 AM

Blake, <BR> I think it depends on the rider but IMO, I think spinning FS is naturally easier whether you do it wrapped or pass the handle. <BR> <BR> If you're looking to do a wrapped HS BS 360, the principles I mentioned above still apply but you're just wrapped up reverse. <BR> <BR> Best of luck