WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   2001 supra ssv wake (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780766)

blakep 06-19-2010 1:26 PM

2001 supra ssv wake

does any one know how the wake on the 2001 to 2005 22ssv is? i am an advanced rider and i am use to riding be hind loaded down wakesetters vlx's with about 3500-4000 lbs in them. how does this boat com pare loaded down? i dont mind if its not a monster wake but i want a wake that will kick you as good as older wakesetter vlx full of people.

post pics of your loaded down ssv wake if you have them. responses from people with lots of experience behind various slammed boats would be greatly appreciated

superair502 06-19-2010 4:27 PM

Wake is decent loaded not the best. Can get massive but more rampy than poppy. My dad has this boat and it's ok with the 2500 lbs he usually runs but no comparison to my super air with the same weight. Takes a ton of weight as the boat has a large beam but I remember days with it loaded and several people in the boat it was pretty sick. So to answer your question it does get big but it takes a lot of weight, like the 3500 u suggested. Also it's the widest wake I have ever ridden to date

scottnaz 06-19-2010 6:25 PM

I am of no help, what so ever, because I am a terrible wakeboarder and pretty much only surf now behind our 05' 22ssv....but,
I don't think I'd say this boat has a large beam. It's a mere 95" compared to the boats being manufactured today with 100"+, so what is the older Wakesetter? 93"??

kylek306 06-20-2010 6:04 PM

we have a '03 SSV. I don't ride it as much since i'm at college now but still get about 30 or 40 hours a year on it. Wake is very consistent. We run stock GG ballast plus a 500 in the bow and 500 in the floor. Usually small crews of 3 or 4 in the boat. Usually need at least one in the front if you have a stock prop. I ride at 80' about 24.5ish. Clean and solid for the amount of weight in it. Narrower than most of the boats I'm a regular on but it is no slouch.

tonality 06-21-2010 6:56 AM

Cut my teeth on this boat (04 SSV) and it's still one of my favorites...however, I'd caution you that Supra and Malibu wakes are about as different as they get IMO, although you can use the wakeplate to shape it to be more of the Bu ramp you're used to.

Full GG bags all around will definitely give you more than enough to pull off your entire tricklist...though it is possible to overload this boat and do more harm than good to the wake characteristics.

tyler97217 06-21-2010 7:55 AM

yeah gravity game ballast in this boat will probably be plenty of weight. supra wakes tend to be a lot steeper than the vlx wake you are used too. you will certainly get used to it with a bit of riding and be real happy with it. you will probably need to speed up and bit and you might pull the line in a bit from what you are used to on the vlx too. you can figure that out, once you get behind it and if there is wash back at 80'+.