WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   p90x drink - who's selling? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796082)

pesos 11-02-2012 11:45 AM

p90x drink - who's selling?

anyone still selling? any alternatives people recommend?

ord27 11-02-2012 3:58 PM

sorry Wes, I stopped selling last year. I just didn't have the time to pursue it correctly.

jarrod 11-05-2012 8:18 AM

Was it a electrolyte drink or a protein drink?

If it's the early, I would opt for coconut water. Far more nutrient rich than any sports drink on the market, and it's natural.

pesos 11-05-2012 8:21 AM

thinking of just using choc milk

acurtis_ttu 11-05-2012 1:16 PM

low fat ( stay away from skim) choc milk mixed with some protien powder would be just as good imo.

hawk22 11-06-2012 8:57 PM

I found the Endurox r4 to be a really close comp and more affordable. Something about choc milk after a workout just doesn't work for me. Need something refreshing so I do the Fruit punch.

pesos 11-06-2012 9:00 PM

Thanks, will give that a look too.

jarrod 11-07-2012 1:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm curious to learn what nutritional benefits you see from chocolate milk, of any kind.

Here's a cup for cup comparison of coconut water vs. choc milk. Coconut water is much higher in electrolytes, and contains magnesium and potassium, which are vital electrolytes post workout. Milk doesn't contain them at all, but instead has way more fat and sugar. Not to mention, you're getting a low quality pasteurized / processed milk that in most cases is likely to contain hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, and chocolate containing high fructose corn syrup. Coconut water is a whole food. You can even find cold pasteurized and unpasteurized brands.

acurtis_ttu 11-09-2012 6:48 AM

From what I have read in the past, the jury is still out on why low fat choc milk is a good recovery drink…but multiple studies have showed it to have better recovery than your typical sports drink.
My guess is it’s from the naturally high carb ( sugar) /protein in low fat choc milk??
My personal theory is that b/c choc milk is high carb/mod protein/moderate fat, you’re getting an optimal ratio for after workout recovery….where as other drinks focus more ( nutritionally ) on carbs only?

augie_09 11-09-2012 8:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acurtis_ttu (Post 1793779)
My personal theory is that b/c choc milk is high carb/mod protein/moderate fat, you’re getting an optimal ratio for after workout recovery….where as other drinks focus more ( nutritionally ) on carbs only?

^ditto

carb to protein ratio of choco milk is the answer, 3:1 or 4:1 is what most expensive recovery drinks taut.

jarrod 11-12-2012 9:03 AM

I guess it depends on what your definition of "Recovery" means.

snyder 11-12-2012 2:08 PM

Chocolate milk is delicious!
I would work out a little harder knowing I was going to get to drink it immediately after. Otherwise, I'd be like, "Aw man, all I have to look forward to is this nasty coconut crap". And probably skip my last set or two. Therefore, the benefit of Choc Milk is greater. lol.

J-Rod you have extremely high standards... bordering on Orthorexia... J/K.