WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   XBox360 setup questions (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768038)

snyder 01-08-2010 11:50 AM

we got an xbox 360 for christmas, and i have a question someone on here might be able to answer. <BR> <BR>Can i run HDMI to the TV for video, but also use the composite for audio to send somewhere else at the same time. or do you have to choose which output to use? <BR> <BR>The reason i ask is, i have a theater room that i built out last year, but i used existing/older A/V receiver and it does not have HDMI switching. I currently have the xbox hooked up via composite, but i'm not taking full advantage obviously of the capabilities of games in HD. <BR> <BR>my future plans to of course include an upgrade to my receiver (and my projector) to handle HDMI, but in the meantime???

zo1 01-08-2010 12:00 PM

yep, I had mine setup like that (but using optical)

snyder 01-08-2010 12:12 PM

cool. i do have optical audio switching on my receiver. can't wait to get a hi-def projector. playing COD on a 120" screen is AWESOME! now if i could just see it in HD....

zo1 01-08-2010 12:14 PM

Just a note... In order to get the HDMI cable AND the dongle with the optical on it in the slot I had to remove the gray plastic casing from the av dongle. Do a quick search online to get a how to about how to do it...

onthewatermo 01-08-2010 12:50 PM

Robert, I got the Panasonic AX200u for my HD gaming and while it is only 720p, nothing can beat its price point and performance relative to projectors 2-3x as expensive. I highly recommend it as I'm at 1500 hours with no problems and many great gaming memories (just last night Cristiano Ronaldo carried his club team to victory over the US National Team in FIFA 10).

snyder 01-08-2010 1:11 PM

Andy, that's the EXACT projector i'm looking at. i saw it on projectorpeople.com for $950 back during the summer. <BR> <BR>Right now i've got a throwdown 4:3 that i've had for a long time and according to my wife "it's good enough" so sad, soooo sad. <BR>once i get over the christmas hangover my wish list will get dusted off. and that panny is on the top of the list.

snyder 01-11-2010 12:01 PM

Thanks for the help guys. i can't believe how much better this thing looks w/HDMI. and my TV is only 720p. <BR> <BR>We got the Elite package, but mine didn't come w/the HD cabling. all i got was the standard (composite) cable so i ordered the HD adaptor which will allow me to run optical to the receiver. (got one from meritline.com for $9.99 where even walmart wanted about $40 for the adaptor) <BR> <BR>FWIW,i got a smokin' deal on a 30' HDMI cable at eforcity.com (about $30 w/free shipping). <BR> <BR>Now i just can't wait to upgrade my projector and receiver.

zo1 01-11-2010 12:40 PM

Good deal... <BR> <BR>monoprice.com is a good spot for cheap cables as well!