WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mike Dowdy edit (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798697)

tn_rider 06-20-2013 5:14 AM

Mike Dowdy edit

Check out alliance's new video of Mike Dowdy! 3 different doubles! Kid is amazing!

VinnyA 06-20-2013 5:43 AM

Loved the line idea of doing it without editing in between landed tricks, not sure if I enjoyed it more than a regular edit but it definitely shows a bit more skill and was cool to see him to do a KGB, a Toe FS9, a switch hsbs7 and a double backroll to revert all in a row without falling.

+ I think he's riding his new finished pro model in this edit (the blank board from the "Mike Dowdy Makes Moves edit") just with a CWB Pure graphic on it if anyone wants a sneak peak at his new board.

wakebordr11 06-20-2013 5:47 AM

Wish he landed all 3 doubles in the edit! He needs to turn that 9 into a 10. He's got so much time on that landing!!

Sick edit!

jarrod 06-20-2013 8:02 AM

Hard to tell for sure, but that looks like a straight Pure. I've seen the Dowdy pro a few times up close. It resembles the Pure, but has notched, molded fins, and a fancy new tip / tail shape.

I'm pumped on his pro model. IMHO the Pure is still one the best molds ever made. It's hard to find a fast, 3 stage board these days that isn't overly wide.

stephan 06-20-2013 9:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That definitely looks like his new pro model. Significantly deeper rail channel that doesn't blend into a fin. Center spine that extends to the tip. Thinner molded fins. Different tip profile. Looks like a badass board!

jarrod 06-20-2013 10:51 AM

Yeah. You're right.

chrisjohnson538 06-21-2013 12:40 AM

get this guy some new shorts.

501s 06-21-2013 9:27 AM

Wow, that riding and that wake are Bananas! The second double he throws was off the hook. Amazing!

bbr 06-22-2013 7:26 AM

I might have to disagree that this particular board is his pro model. In the vid you can clearly see that it says Pure right on the top of the board. Unless they slapped the Pure graphics on his pro model, I think it's the Pure. The tip and tail look different than his pro shape to me.

wakemitch 06-22-2013 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbr (Post 1829384)
I might have to disagree that this particular board is his pro model. In the vid you can clearly see that it says Pure right on the top of the board. Unless they slapped the Pure graphics on his pro model, I think it's the Pure. The tip and tail look different than his pro shape to me.

A lot of riders ride prototypes with the current model year graphics. That way they can be testing the new shapes, but still promote the boards they (rider, sponsor, and shops) are trying to sell.

stephan 06-22-2013 5:12 PM

I'll defer to b poser, as he has been riding the proto. Either way, Dowdy kills it and his new board promises to rock.

durty_curt 06-22-2013 7:55 PM

No link Or Video Uploaded To The Thread?

bbr 06-23-2013 5:06 PM

Looking at it again and then on the proto, it looks awfully similar. They must have put the Pure graphics on that set up.