WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   indy tantrums (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167834)

04-28-2004 12:57 PM

well ive been working on these on and off and would like to land one. i pretty much just manage a swat at the board now. in the new wakeboarding mag they show atkinson riding up the wake with two hands when he goes for the grab. usually ive released the handle by then? could this be the problem?

mike_schwenne 05-11-2004 2:41 PM

you definately want to pull with two hands through the wake. I give the handle a pull with both arms to my front hip as im riding up off the wake into the air. As soon as I let go with my rear hand, I'm already sucking my knees up into my chest. When I get the grab my upper body is close to being in this angle \. Once you have the grab the trick flips way faster becuase you're in a tuck. Good luck <BR>mike schwenne <BR><a href="http://www.westcoastcamps.com" target="_blank">www.westcoastcamps.com</a>

05-13-2004 10:12 PM

cool thanks. ill give it a go this weekend.

afrodeziak 05-20-2004 4:23 PM

damn I've never even thought to pulling in the handle...... seems like it woudl give you that extra room to do it.

05-21-2004 12:15 AM

you know i spent some time in a tramp this week. i think its gonna change the flip quiet a bit. i always take it more out than up. with the tramp i worked on jumping then flipping. im hopeing this is gonna make the difference. keeping my weight a little more over my toes rather than my heels. dunno just a thought. <BR>i didnt try last weekend i got caught up in trying to land that freakin indy front roll. however i think i solved that problem on the tramp too. we'll see. good luck lemme know if you have any luck.

05-21-2004 5:15 AM

Pretty cool for Schwenne to be giving advice on the board here. <BR> <BR>Question I have is, if grabbing speeds up the rotation, what is the key to stomping it without over rotating?

05-21-2004 8:06 AM

well my best guess is thats the most common problem once you start grabbing them. and perhaps you can use the proximity of the rope to your body to control the speed of the rotation. or adjust your cut/speed into the wake to control the speed.

canaday 05-21-2004 8:32 AM

Spot your landing and don't thow it as hard.

05-27-2004 12:29 AM

If you through it up instead of back, you will slow the rotation a bit

05-27-2004 11:54 PM

yeah good point. i just started messing around on a tramp and it instantaneously(well overnight, literally) changed my tantrums. i now throw them up more than i ever have. i havent tried indy on the water. put on the tramp it seems like holding on w/ two hands until i have gotten some air, naturally puts my hand in the correct position for the indy grab. im riding 2morrow so im gonna give it a whirl.

05-28-2004 3:17 PM

well i rode today and tried 2 and landed 2. trick was super easy once i got over the wierdness of holding the handle up the wake. thanks mike

afrodeziak 05-30-2004 10:57 PM

"holding the handle up on the wake?" what do u mean by that? <BR> <BR>I tried a few yesterday, managed to slap the baord a coupld of times, but then I guess I wasn't thinkign to pull my knee's in, more pulling the rope... <BR> <BR>what worked best for you ? <BR> <BR>brennan

06-01-2004 9:30 PM

hey if you get wakeworld check the may issue. the article makes no mention of it but the pic on the bottom left shows atkinson riding up the wake with both hands on the handle. previously i would have had my rear hand more square to the board at this point. but i did exactly like mike said(above) and brought the handle a little closer to my front hip(with both hands) while i was riding up the wake. i didnt release my rear hand until i was starting to pop. the pop from the wake combined with the fact that my grabbing hand was much closer made it really easy to grab the board. hopefully its like riding a bike and i will be able to do this next time i ride.