WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   2010 Ronix Ibex to 2012 One? advice needed. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799282)

stang_killa_ss 07-25-2013 11:01 AM

2010 Ronix Ibex to 2012 One? advice needed.

hey guys.
looking for some advice and experience.
ive got a 2010 Ronix Ibex 139 ive been riding for 1-1/2 seasons. and i rode an older ibex before that.
ive always riden wide boards. the ibex i have no complaints with. occationaly its a little to loose when flat, and on hard cut initiatons (.8" sliders) though. but rare.

im looking at updating my ride to a 2012 One Modello 138.

just curious if anyone has any experience with this shape (same as '13 i believe)
and more importantly if any one has an experience with the One AND the Ibex and how they compare.

i ride 100% boat. skill level is beginer/intermediate. id call myself intermediate but i dont have the 3 and invert in the bag yet.

thoughts? help? experiences?

ToPHeR35 07-25-2013 11:49 AM

I still ride the 2010 Ibex as well. My only complaint is that it rides a little slow in the water because it's so wide.

stang_killa_ss 07-26-2013 1:20 PM

well i was gonna pull the trigger on one of these then i got to readying the reviews on Evo.
about a 1/3 of the reviews all said the board was heavy. this REALLY suprised me. thats a word ive never heard anyone discribe a ronix board as. ive been riding Ronix exclusively for a long time this really caught me off gaurd.
anyone confirm that the modello One is heavier than normal Ronix boards?

sja 07-27-2013 3:41 PM

I rode the Ibex for a few years. I thought it was a good beginner to intermediate board but I couldn't get the same pop every time. I've been told it is how aggressive the 3 stage rocker is. In later models the rocker is mellowed and now the Modello is like a 5 stage. I actually had a pro rider tell me that he only knew one rider who was consistent on the ibex and that was Parks. Contrary to your experience, I found the Ibex to be hard to slide out on deep cuts but agree with the slow acceleration to the wake. I found the Ronix One (the 2012) to be a lot faster, peppier and a little easier to break to a side slide at speed. This year I went back to a continuous rocker in the Ronix William. Very different board, flexy, soft landing and slides well but also locks in.
Good luck

ToPHeR35 07-28-2013 6:13 AM

Thanks Steve! I was also looking at upgrading to the William as well!

theloungelife 07-28-2013 1:54 PM

I have the 2012 One Modello and love it. It does run on the "heavy" side, but the only time I notice it is when putting it in the rack. What I love about it is the explosive pop off the wake. If you love straight up pop, wake to wake, I think it is hard to beat this board. Other boards I rode before settling on the 12' One were the LF Harley, SS Hooke, SS Shredtown, and the Ronix District. I am an intermediate as well.

501s 07-28-2013 3:09 PM

Why not look at a Time bomb. It's all the great things about the One shape in the lightest core available. Plus you only ride boat, which is where this board excels. I have a 2012 time bomb and it hands down the best board I have ridden. I honestly wouldn't change a thing. I actually enjoy getting new boards every year or two, and the problem with the time bomb, it there is NO good reason to upgrade.

stang_killa_ss 07-29-2013 6:46 AM

alot of great info guys! keep it coming!

Rich what did you think about the District? that is another board i also considered even though it is continous and considered "lower" in the ronix lineup.

Goonz 07-29-2013 1:55 PM

I'm riding a 2012 TimeBomb this year. Never ever ever going to change. It is such a fantastic board, tons of pop, forgiving, love everything about it! Go for the One shape, you won't regret it!

theloungelife 07-29-2013 2:27 PM

The district felt a little faster than e or buy didn't have the same explosive pop. Overall I liked the One more

stang_killa_ss 07-29-2013 2:42 PM

that answered that pretty decicivly. thanks.