WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Baby boy names - Rusty inspired (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802629)

WakeBoyAJ 07-07-2014 6:29 AM

Baby boy names - Rusty inspired

Baby due in December and looking for some great baby boy names. Rusty's kids names are pretty sick so looking for some inspiration for names as cool as Marek Jaxson and Kruz.

biggator 07-07-2014 7:06 AM

Congrats on the kid.. just remember that whatever you name them - they're stuck with it for life. If it would look silly on an application to Harvard or a F100 resume, avoid it.

hueneye 07-07-2014 7:17 AM

Congrats! As Biggator suggested its forever... make sure it's an employable name

bcrider 07-07-2014 8:58 AM

I named my son Nixon and if we have another I will name him Linkin. And no, they aren't named or inspired by the presidents nor am I american to begin with.

eubanks01 07-07-2014 9:48 AM

I would suggest be unique but stick with traditional spellings. We named our son Jackson and I really wanted to spell it Jaxon. My wife talked me out of it, and I'm very thankful she did. He would have been correcting people the rest of his life.

Take it from a Jarret. I get Jared, Jerry, Garrett, Jarett, etc. It's truly a beating. You wouldn't believe have many times a day I have to correct people on the actual name or spelling. Just don't do it! :D

jarrod 07-07-2014 10:15 AM

^^^ me too. For some reason asian people have a hell of a time saying Jarrod. At the sushi restaurant, I'm greeted as "jerwy" and at this point, it's accepted.

phathom 07-07-2014 3:46 PM

As someone with a more unique name. I can say that I hate introducing myself or telling people my name over the phone or anything. I have to do this several times on a daily basis and I hate it, it is irritating and gets old really quick. It always has to be repeated, about half the time it has to be spelled, about 10% of the time it has a bad joke that I haven't heard 100,000 times already involved. On top of everything, people automatically assume I can speak spanish. I have seriously considered changing it because of all of those reasons. If someone says my name wrong and it's at least somewhat close, half the time I'll just roll with it without caring and them getting it wrong because I feel it's just not worth the effort for the 10th time that day to have the same conversation.
You can name them something uncommon, but don't give them some weird name or weird spelling, one that sounds very similar to another name that it will always gets mixed up with, or one that has a certain meaning associated with it already. It is hard on a day to day basis to deal with.

baitkiller 07-07-2014 4:10 PM

Sue
At least he will be tough..

aricsx15 07-07-2014 10:50 PM

my name is aric. so annoying, wish it was Eric lol

tn_rider 07-08-2014 12:39 AM

I have a baby on the way. We find out the gender on the 16th. If it is a boy his name will be Cash Cole Tillett. A girls name is much harder for us to pick. We have yet to both agree on one. I have never met anyone named Cash. She loves Johnny Cash, and I loved the name.

biggator 07-08-2014 6:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tn_rider (Post 1883843)
I have a baby on the way. We find out the gender on the 16th. If it is a boy his name will be Cash Cole Tillett. A girls name is much harder for us to pick. We have yet to both agree on one. I have never met anyone named Cash. She loves Johnny Cash, and I loved the name.

I know someone with a kid named Cash.. agree, it's a cool name.

chillinoj 07-08-2014 7:09 AM

In my experience an original name is pretty nice to have, but having weird spelling just to have weird spelling can be frustrating for the kid and anyone who has to meet him/her and write their name. For example all the different ways to spell brian, bryan, bryon, and there's prolly more.

mtownrydr 07-08-2014 10:03 AM

Name your kid Richard and just have him go by Whirlydick...

norcalbordr 07-08-2014 9:19 PM

I have a 2 month old son and named him Ryder. I wanted something that reminded me of wakeboarding. Chicks love it when they hear his name too so he will have that going for him when he gets older, plus mad skills behind the boat.