WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Handle Opinions - Faction or Benny G (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778348)

stoked_32 04-08-2010 12:53 PM

Handle Opinions - Faction or Benny G

So i've been riding the Ronix MSRP handle for the last year and absolutely love it, but the glue doesn't hold the grip correctly so it peels up every couple of weeks so I'm moving on. The thing I loved most about the handle is that whenever I pop the handle, it doesn't take any skin with it. All the chamois handles or anything with a cloth-like material always tears into my hands. I've tried multiple versions of the LG, so if you suggest it, I'm going to legit karate kick you in the back of the head... I'm looking into the Benny G or Faction for this year and was wondering if any of you had any experience with them. I'm getting my last msrp warrantied online, so I won't be able to actually hold the handle until I've received it. Historically the only two handles that have worked for me has been the Msrp & the Accurate Prime. Does the faction roll at all? Does the Benny G feel comfortable, but at the same time release when I want it to without it being tacky?

Appreciate the input..

benjaminp 04-08-2010 2:35 PM

I have a question about the MSRP handle, is it pretty much just the One handle with a different colourway? I love the One and I'm in the market for a new handle and like the looks of the MSRP. Thanks.

wakemitch 04-08-2010 2:56 PM

the benny g is super soft and comfortable. its like the straight line ameoba but a little firmer and thinner. its a little too think for my taste.

wakemitch 04-08-2010 3:10 PM

EDIT* i meant to say the Benny G handle is a bit to THIN for me.

westsidarider 04-08-2010 3:19 PM

I havent used the Benny G handle but from my experience the Faction handle is awesome. I know a lot of people that have one and have yet to see one come apart. Have you checked out the LG handle from Proline? They offer both a large and standard diameter grip. LG is by far my favorite handle out there.

stephan 04-08-2010 4:12 PM

Cue the karate kicks to the dome noggin!

04-08-2010 4:53 PM

The Benny G handle has been the best handle ive ever used. Ive had mine for over a year and it is still in great condition and hasnt torn. Its on the skinnier side of handles but still soft, just right for getting a solid grip but it doesnt eat your hands up.

stoked_32 04-09-2010 9:28 AM

Ben, that's correct. I love the MSRP as well, but it'll be in your best interest not to get it. The handle peels and falls apart after five solid days of riding, guaranteed. I've warrantied at least 6 in the last year.

Jason, I'm gonna need your home address and life insurance policy #...

stoked_32 04-09-2010 9:31 AM

Is the faction tacky/sticky in any way?

bbr 04-09-2010 10:24 AM

John, what is your problem?! You know your gonna just get ripped if you DON'T get the Faction. It won't tear your hands up, I promise. Come up and use mine for a day and you'll see for yourself.

sippi 04-09-2010 11:04 AM

I too am looking into a new handle. I like the tractor tire grips honestly so nothing chamois for me. Has anyone tried the Lyman handle? Just curious what it feels like.

stoked_32 04-09-2010 2:02 PM

so umm... any other opinions that from people that DONT ride for CWB? Not that I don't value your opinion brandon, I just don't think you respect the fact that I have girly hands. You hit that kicker yet? Thanks for makin me hit it with my brand new marius. I'm actually really happy that the warranty is completely void now. j/p.. it was actually super fun. chuck did a good job with it

seth 04-09-2010 2:48 PM

Easy fix if you have delicate hands, get yourself a sweet pair of gloves. Problem solved!!

tampawake 04-19-2010 2:21 PM

Anyone know what the fattest handle is. I rode with some sort of ronix handle that was very round and loved it. Wonder who has the fattest handle on the market?

kristian 04-19-2010 3:15 PM

Benny's handle is really sick! One of the best handles I've ever used. If it were me I'd go with it out of the two. Just find it really easy to pass.

Tampawake: You could be thinking of the totum handle. It's gold and black and has little nobbles all over the handle. Its pretty fat.

dyost 04-19-2010 8:12 PM

tampawake,

Friend of mine has Ruck's ERA handle from a few years back. I think it's an Accurate. Anyways it's by far the fattest handle I've ever ridden. Good foam grip, but I didn't like it cause I'm used to a smaller handle. This bigger one made my forearms tired in a little different place cause it's not my normal grip and those muscles a little higher up the forearm don't get that workout too often. If I butt checked at all I was popping the handle...

I suppose once a guy got used to it... The guy who owns it loves it. So much so that he switches ropes when he rides, the rest of us all use the Murray handle.

tampawake 04-20-2010 6:41 AM

Dustin thanks I actually was at the boarding school Friday and rode the ronix handle with chamois in the morning then Murray showed up with his set up and I did not like it. The handle is small as well as thin it felt weird. Then again Murray is not a big guy either. Damn he goes HUGE its amazing to see him and Rattray from the boat.