WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Nor-Cal VLX delivery! ACME stereo and Larson Marine combo! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797662)

fman 04-15-2013 2:23 PM

Nor-Cal VLX delivery! ACME stereo and Larson Marine combo!

14 Attachment(s)
Just got her back from the stereo install today, we are ready to hit the water! I wanted to thank Ben at ACME Stereo in Sacramento, CA and Derek at Larson Marine for some great customer service. Also wanted to send out a thank you to Chris Loomis from Malibu boats, he was has been a pleasure to deal with.

2013 VLX
Monsoon 350 w/ACME 1235
Heater
Surfgate
Maliview/MTC/Wedge
Quiet tip exhaust
Walkover transom cover
Snap out carpet
Quad board racks
G3 tower bracket w/PTM mirror
20% window tint

Stereo:
Wetsounds REV 10s on swivels, WS 420 SQ, (2) Arc Audio Amps, Arc audio 12" sub, HSE sound revolution, 8 RF inboat speakers, Pro Mariner battery maintainer

Ballast:
Factory quad tanks with Johnson reversible pumps, 600 lb Sumo sacs vented

Trailer:
Sportboat, 4 wheel disc brakes, spare tire, LEDs, prop guard rollers (tucked inside rear crossmember), 14" alum wheels, Fulton F2 jack

Thanks for looking and have a fantastic summer! See you on the water....:)

migs 04-15-2013 2:39 PM

Ummmm SIK!!!!

kimper 04-15-2013 4:09 PM

Beautiful!!! Love the colors!

polarbill 04-15-2013 4:28 PM

Sick boat Travis. I think you should get rid of the wakesetter graphics though(same with Chatt). I thought you lived in the Portland area. How did you end up with a new Malibu from a dealer in Cali?

zacharoo 04-15-2013 5:07 PM

Very nice!

jhartt3 04-15-2013 5:36 PM

Love that WS sub grill just sik

tyler97217 04-15-2013 6:21 PM

Very nice
Brett he is from Cali.

tn_rider 04-15-2013 6:44 PM

Where could I get that sub grill at?

johnny_defacto 04-15-2013 8:56 PM

So sick, I love it. Great colors and it looks awesome with the tinted windshield.

Nice call going with the sumo 600's. Those fit perfectly in there and can be filled completely, plus they have the 1" I.D. fittings that match up perfectly with the big hoses that malibu is running now.

fman 04-15-2013 9:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tn_rider (Post 1816890)
Where could I get that sub grill at?

Sub grill I made myself, but its simple. You can purchase the WS decal from your local Malibu dealer. I went to TAP plastics and they cut and finished the piece of plexi glass. You could also take it a step further and backlight it with some type of LED light.

fman 04-15-2013 9:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarbill (Post 1816859)
Sick boat Travis. I think you should get rid of the wakesetter graphics though(same with Chatt). I thought you lived in the Portland area. How did you end up with a new Malibu from a dealer in Cali?

Thank you, we were very pleased how it turned out. I really am liking the black hull on white, I am actually in Nor-Cal, Sacramento area.

fman 04-15-2013 9:52 PM

One thing, the new WS 420 SQ is legit, being able to control all three zones sub, inboat and tower all separate is awesome along a main volume control. Also, the REV 10s are on swivels which allows you to push more sound towards the rider and less towards people sitting in the back. It gets pretty punishing on the ears having those REV 10s pointed directly in your face. If you notice in the picture they are pointed upward, when the boat is towing someone they are more directed toward the rider rather than being downward towards the transom area.

markj 04-15-2013 11:15 PM

I love the balance of white and black on your boat. Very tasteful, sporty and classy together. That boat will always have good resale value too. Well done. Good idea raising the angle of the speakers as well.

david_e_m 04-16-2013 6:17 AM

Very nice job throughout.

fman 04-16-2013 10:40 AM

I almost forgot, one more shout out and thank you to Wakemakers --- Jason, Spencer and Brian.... those guys are always great to deal with and helped me put together the Johnson impeller ballast system. If you are ever in need of a ballast part or want to install a system they are always there to help with a wealth of knowledge and many different options!

grant_west 04-16-2013 10:40 AM

Great looking boat. The black accents are a nice. The all white boats look great but the last one I saw looked like it could use some lines.

wakereviews 04-16-2013 11:00 AM

Ben is a stud, he always sets the boats up right.

fman 04-16-2013 2:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakereviews (Post 1817015)
Ben is a stud, he always sets the boats up right.

Would never take my boat anywhere else, Ben and his shop are top notch. He delivers great customer service both before and after the installation.

ralph 04-16-2013 8:41 PM

That is ridiculously good looking.

fman 04-19-2013 9:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the feedback! we are very pleased with how the boat turned out....

Finished up my last upgrade today, installed a pair of AQUA 18 LEDs (clear), they are made with the CREE generation II mega brite LEDs rated at 1700 lumes each. I have to tell you, they are extremely well built, made of solid brass and very well priced at $129/each. They put out some very nice light, much better than the lights Malibu is installing rated at 700 lumens for about half the price. AQUA LEDs also is the only manufacturer that actually has a video of the light being tested on a lumen meter. I did however not use screws, instead I used a stainless bolt with washer and nylock nut to avoid possible damage to the gelcoat. I never have good luck screwing into gelcoat, its tough to not chip it. With the nylock nut its a solid fit and there is no risk of damaging the gelcoat, but it does require someone to hold the screw head while you are tightening from the other side.

There website is www.aqualeds.com

Here is a link showing that they are a true 1700 lumens, not the greatest advertising production, but it gets the job done. LOL, Note his unlit smoke in the beginning, I am betting it went on his ear for storage while shooting the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSDL1xzfsBE

bcrider 04-19-2013 10:27 AM

I had pretty much given up on underwater LED's given the costs of the "good" ones. This has got me thinking all over again.lol.

slowwwflowww 04-19-2013 2:02 PM

Bing Bang Boom!!NICE:cool:

xstarrider 04-19-2013 5:54 PM

Looks sick.

Odd question what kind of ipod dock is that?

nitrousbird 04-20-2013 5:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fman (Post 1817637)
I never have good luck screwing into gelcoat, its tough to not chip it.

Have you tried pre-drilling then countersinking just the gelcoat (using either a larger bit than the screw threads or countersink bit)? That should keep you from chipping the gelcoat. Hopefully you filled the holds with 3M 4200. :)

fman 04-20-2013 7:08 PM

I did not want to take any chances on my gelcoat, the nylock nut with a backing washer worked perfect with zero chances of chipping anything. Used plenty of 4200 in holes and all over the back of the LED light, not anticipating any issues with leakage.