WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   2010 Supra 21v question (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780424)

mallenger 06-09-2010 11:47 AM

2010 Supra 21v question

I am considering purchasing a 2010 Supra 21v. I'm having a hard time deciding between the Launch and the Sunsport. Any opinions? The Launch has the playpen style bow while the sunsport has the traditional walk-through bow. I've been told that you can still run the big (900lb?) bag in the ski locker of the sunsport. Thanks for opinions and If anyone out there could post up pics of their newer 21v's, I'd love to see some color schemes/interior schemes. Thanks,

tyler97217 06-09-2010 2:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
hey mallenger
I have an 10'. Love it.... I have the launch. For me the Launch is much better. You can add more weight in there as well as storage. Totally a preference though and depends how much weight you want to run. It also rounds out for more seating up front and an additional seat next to the driver when you flip up the bolster. The Supra Vision is pretty cool too. I have about 15-20 hours on it so far and it has been my favorite boat as of yet. Let me know if you have other questions. I can help you on or off line.

07launch22ssv 06-09-2010 6:40 PM

my pants get tighter every time i see your boat diggs.....

fman 06-10-2010 10:16 AM

I have the walk through bow on my '08 22V and I dont think you could fit a 600 lb bag in the ski locker. I have the 400 lb bag and it takes up the entire space. Maybe the 21V has a different ski locker size? Not sure on that one. Personally, I prefer the walk through because its much easier for kids to sit and walk through and takes a little wear and tear off the upholstry. The playpen seating takes a lot of abuse from passengers feet.

But as Tyler mentioned, you loose storage and more weight opportunity, and having the extra pop up seat would be a nice option too. Just depends on what are your priorities. With the 400 lb front sac and the 750 lb rears my 22 will throw a much larger wake then we will ever need. But we are beginner/intermediate riders, if I was an expert or advanced rider I would probably recommend the playpen so you can get a larger wake.

Diggs, your boat looks fantastic! that progressive tower keeps looking better and better everytime I look at it. After using it, does it seem as stable as the rad-a-cage and how does it fold down with the Z-5?

psudy 06-10-2010 11:58 AM

I have an older (2005) 21v. At first I didn't like the playpen idea, but after I got it, I love it. The flip up seats are nice.

tyler97217 06-10-2010 12:36 PM

fman
I would say the tower is not quite as sturdy as the normal tower, but still much stronger than most towers on the market. I have speakers hanging on there and have climbed up there and it is very sturdy. The factory position where they moutn the Z5 allows you to fold the tower flat without taking off the Z5. It is pretty sweet. I don't need to fold my tower and opted for more headroom so I mounted mine a bit different and now it does not fold flat, but still very easy to take on/off if needed....

mallenger 06-10-2010 3:22 PM

Great stuff guys, these are the opinions I was looking for. It seems like either way I go it's not going to be a bad decision. Diggs... looks great. The boat I'm looking at also has the progressive tower and I didn't like it at all in the beginning, but like the playpen...it's starting to grow on me. Any one else have pictures? Thanks again,

tyler97217 06-10-2010 3:26 PM

Not to many 10's out there yet. Probably won't find many pics... There are a ton of the 05-08's on here though...

bawshogg 06-10-2010 7:01 PM

Tyler, my pants get tighter when I see you.

mallenger 08-10-2010 10:10 AM

I finally pulled the trigger. Ended up getting the sunsetter. My wife prefers it, enough said. Anyways, I've had the boat since last Thursday and it's already been to Tennessee from south Carolina and back. The setup pulls amazingly compared to my old single axle trailer. The wake is still stock, until I get 10 hours on the boat (7 now), but the wake is still very good. It's an amazing boat, rock solid and feels much bigger than any\ 21 footer I've been in. I love the simple graphics and classy look of this boat. I'm thinking about 2 - 8" white DBOT5 tower speakers later on. I'll get some photos up soon.

mallenger 08-10-2010 10:21 AM

http://www.wakeworld.com/uploads_use...8720/10687.jpg

scotthons 08-10-2010 1:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a '06 Launch 21V with the playpen. I really enjoy the playpen and seating configuration. So far the boat has been awesome and we are getting a lot of quality time on it. The wake is superb for wakeboarding.

scotthons 08-10-2010 1:48 PM

The last pic was of the front sac under the playpen.

Diggs, your boat looks amazing!

scotthons 08-10-2010 2:18 PM

I just realized that this was an older thread and you just made the purchase. Great looking boat! I am sure you will have a blast with it.