WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Roswell Neptunes (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800321)

tn_rider 10-25-2013 9:53 PM

Roswell Neptunes

Anyone heard them? How do they compare to other brands like exile, WS etc?

dezul 10-26-2013 4:55 AM

Link us to the product. We are too lazy to google.

tn_rider 10-26-2013 9:09 AM

http://www.roswellwakeair.com/series...akers_neptune/

dezul 10-26-2013 5:47 PM

They look like some hcld knockoffs. I am sure they sound fine but the look kills it for me.

hatepain 10-27-2013 10:51 AM

Travis Moye has then on his boat and seems to love them. They're non HLCD so I'm not sure why you'd say they look like
Knockoffs. Roswell has been around along time and generally make real high quality products.

polarbill 10-27-2013 2:34 PM

I don't really get the lack of a grill. That is the point? I think they would look better with grilles and have some protection. Just based off of the lack of a horn I would expect them to be a better surf setup than a wakeboard setup but that is just a guess.

xstarrider 10-27-2013 7:57 PM

Whether they sound good or not I can't say. They are non HLCD. To me they look like garbage. The lack of grille makes them look like cheap ebay specials someone just rigged together. I know the Rosewell stuff is far from that, but I think the really missed the mark astetically here. How u swap the matching JL's for these I don't understand, but maybe they sound heads above the JL.

tn_rider 10-27-2013 9:10 PM

They have a compression driver.

dezul 10-28-2013 4:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xstarrider (Post 1850731)
Whether they sound good or not I can't say. They are non HLCD. To me they look like garbage. The lack of grille makes them look like cheap ebay specials someone just rigged together. I know the Roswell stuff is far from that, but I think the really missed the mark astetically here. How u swap the matching JL's for these I don't understand, but maybe they sound heads above the JL.

This is my thought too which is why I made the comment above. They need some grills. I am curious to see the price on them as well.

DavidAnalog 10-28-2013 8:58 AM

Clearly this is an HLCD. It has a small compression chamber and a shallow horn. The tweeter diaghram is just smaller and the horn throat is shorter than the competition and the norm.
From every Roswell tower product I have heard in the past, I would be cautious. I think of Roswell as a tower equipment company that also plugs in speakers but by no means is an audio company.
On the plus side it is large with an 8-inch. And with a smaller tweeter than typical HLCDs perhaps it is not as aggressive as first generation HLCDs.
Compare before you buy.

tn_rider 10-28-2013 9:18 AM

I'm not in the market just wondering about them. I'm a WS fanboy for sure :)

Greeko 10-28-2013 9:20 AM

From the tear down the components are 10 year old Phoenix Gold components that are way way way too overpriced for the application. Just to give you an example you can buy that 8" speaker for $150...

They rely on big names in the industry to sell their product....
I had a listen to them..and they were ...ok.. Kinda reminded me of the old WS pro 60s...but crappier and very very ear piercing!
Just my opinion..but your better off going with exile, wet sounds or JL...

dezul 10-28-2013 9:46 AM

https://www.onlyinboards.com/Accesso...er-Today!.aspx

hatepain 10-29-2013 8:43 AM

I can't believe they're using PG still. That must be a real small HLCD.

hco 10-29-2013 8:45 AM

Everything roswell makes is garbage. Their products fall apart very quickly, and are generally all around terrible. Stay away.

mwsriders 10-30-2013 10:21 AM

Happy with my Neptunes

I had a pair of Neptunes I added to my 210 this year. I am really happy with them. I had some HCLDs on there before and these sound very different, a much fuller sound and just as loud.

I have had a bunch of compliments on the looks and the sound of these speakers. To me, they look pretty bullet proof, and unique. They feel very solid, and stout brackets and watertight connectors for the install made it very easy. The lighting built into them is a nice finishing touch.

jedgar23 11-01-2013 10:28 AM

Here are some facts direct from Roswell Marine Audio (RMA) regarding the Neptune's.

The Neptune pairs a dedicated 8” midbass driver with a 1” titanium diaphragm compression driver.
The speakers used were developed and manufactured specifically for RMA and the harsh environment tower speakers are subject to.
They have absolutely no affiliation with Phoenix Gold although Roswell has worked with the engineers there in the past.

The 8" Midbass driver utilizes a water resistant, polypropylene treated hybrid cone with UV inhibitors, water resistant woven cloth ribbon surround with UV inhibitors, 2" copper clad aluminum voice coil built into a high density die cast aluminum housing.

The 1” compression driver utilizes a titanium diaphragm, kapton voice coil former, built-in crossover network, integrated tweeter protection with a rebuild able tweeter diaphragm built into a Die-cast aluminum housing.

The Neptune Housing itself is a great pairing of painted and anodized aluminum with a Universal clamp that fits up to 3” tubing. This is all accented with Stainless Steel and includes Interior and Exterior LED lighting as standard equipment.

Here is my opinion.

I have personally heard these speakers in a side by side comparison with the majority of the high end speakers on the market. I prefer the sound of the Neptune’s! They have a very full, non-“piercing”, sound at close range for surfing but also project great sound well out to 100’ for wakeboarding.

I highly suggest you get out for a hands-on demonstration of the speakers as the opinions on here, including my last statement, are simply that… personal opinions. I think you will be greatly surprised in the quality of these speakers.

DavidAnalog 11-01-2013 10:48 AM

I see nothing that is new, unique or the product of R&D. Just so you understand, once you correctly interpret the language, "The 8" Midbass driver utilizes a water resistant, polypropylene treated hybrid cone with UV inhibitors, water resistant woven cloth ribbon surround", typically means a treated paper cone with a cloth accordian surround just like the standard off-the-shelf Eminence midbass driver. Not saying it sounds good or bad but that's the same old stuff in a different package with a different name.

jedgar23 11-01-2013 11:01 AM

http://file:///C:/Users/Jeremy/Deskt..._9521_EDIT.jpg

grant_west 11-01-2013 12:42 PM

I tell you what. I have heard alot of system's. And just because it's NEW it don't mean JACK. I think David will agree Proof is in the pudding. SPEC's Lie and are BS 1/2 the time IMO they are a good starting point but untill you give them a run down it's very hard to judge from your computer or smart phone. I have heard plenty of systems that if I gave you a run down of what they are running you would swear it wouldn't rock.

And just because you have the latest HCLD speaker hanging on your tower that dosen't mean your system sounds good. I wish more people would spend more effort Not on what tower speaker is better or louder then this one BUT on what Combo of Tower Speaker and SUB box Design produces the best sound.

Unless you have enough bass to back up your tower your just making noise.