WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Best cable board I've ridden... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801302)

fly135 03-02-2014 6:02 PM

Best cable board I've ridden...

1 Attachment(s)
Jobe Conflict. Just got it today. Softest landing I've experienced. Super fast on the sliders. And grips on edge like it has molded fins even though it doesn't. Finally found a board that has it all. Super flexie even though I don't have the pressing skills to take advantage of it yet. This is Jobe rider Julian Cohen's new design and he hit the mark!

devildog_ra 03-02-2014 8:44 PM

You make it sound pretty great, i wish i knew someone around the dallas area who had one so i could give it a try. Maybe Julian will let me try his next time i run into him.

VinnyA 03-03-2014 3:35 AM

Saw this Zimbabwean dude ripping the biggest front to blinds on that board Saturday at blue rock in Cape Town

bill 03-03-2014 5:45 AM

John what prior boards have you ridden describe the differences in each and lets see a close up of the bottom of this board..thanks

btw wheres the stats on the jobe?

bill 03-03-2014 5:53 AM

I found this link but with the camo type design its hard to see bottom profile. However from the looks of it looks a little like a Watson hybrid as far as bottom features go but again hard to tell..

http://www.jobesports.com/products/w...eboard-series/

fly135 03-03-2014 6:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bill, I've been partial to and own molded fin boards. Motive -> CTRL RX -> Whip -> Witness Grind -> Tex for the grip on air tricks. Have a Peak but couldn't warm up to it. My favorite board at the LF tryouts was the Bob but couldn't deal with ponying up $500 for it, and couldn't find a deal. I like this board better than the Bob. I've tried quite a few other boards, but none really grabbed me like this one did the first time I tested it.

Dustfarter 03-03-2014 7:03 PM

I may buy it just cause Julien is such a rad dude and I'd like to support him........

bill 03-04-2014 5:34 AM

who sells Jobe, whats the msrp on this thing? isn't that an old Hyperlite/HO company..

John how fast is this thing? how controlled is it on sliders and how does it feel off a kicker with big kick? landings?

keep us posted..

fly135 03-04-2014 6:44 AM

Bill, not sure what it goes for. I don't think they have hit the stores yet. Performance Ski doesn't have Jobe yet, but Julian mentioned that they would be getting it soon. Jobe has been around for 40 years, but not much in the way of wakeboards from what I can tell. That may put up obstacles for recognition, but I'm sold. Even though I have lots of reasons to support Julian, my praise for this board is solely on it's merits WRT how it works for me.

Because it's so fast on the sliders I get a bigger boost off the kickers. I have a bad habit of throwing my trick too soon and hence too low when the board slows down. On the Conflict it felt like I was waiting until I reached the top before throwing the trick. I was surprised by the boost the first few times I launched off the XL kicker both for my backroll and my scarecrow, plus I was overspinning my threes until I compensated. I am stoked on this board helping me kick it up a bit this year. The soft landings will give me a lot more confidence.

WRT control on the sliders I like my board slippery. And right now it is. Julian said that would tame a bit after a while but I hope it's not much.

baitkiller 03-04-2014 6:55 AM

Looks great John. Are you coming down to Revolution April 11 for the LF free-for-all? I bought Cam the new Bill and he is tearing it up.

fly135 03-04-2014 7:08 AM

I am planning to come down for the LF Free for All. We'll see how the board holds up to that ramp across the lake from the starting dock. It crushed the molded fins on my Witness Grind. See you there!

baitkiller 03-04-2014 8:16 AM

They built a new one that is swoopy not flat. Everybody like it much better.
See you there.

Hooya 03-04-2014 10:47 AM

Jobe are pretty popular in Uk/Europe.

bill 03-08-2014 10:40 AM

Ive tried contacting them, so far no go.. they need some help with marketing and promotion here in the states..I can help, send me a promo/demo at cost and ill ride it at 5 different parks and behind the boat here in DFW,TX, how's that? :)~

cjobil43 03-25-2014 8:11 AM

i believe Jobe's factory store for the US is a retail shop in Orlando. You can walk right in and buy direct from jobe in said shop. I could be wrong though

fly135 03-25-2014 8:45 AM

I don't know who these guys are, but the are the only shop in the US I saw listing it for sale.

http://www.chokaboards.com/product/c...ark-wakeboard/

bill 03-26-2014 6:10 AM

I was able to get arep to contact me and have a conflict coming..stay tuned for real world review..

fly135 03-26-2014 6:11 AM

Nice Bill. Looking forward to hear what you think.

petrie141 03-26-2014 6:31 AM

Yeah Yeah Yeah, the board looks cool. But I want to know more about that Egnater and Bugera in the background.

fly135 03-26-2014 7:49 AM

The Egnater I bought when they first came out. It's a solid amp. The Bugera, which looks mint, I picked up for $50 because the clean channel won't come on when selected. Been meaning to fix it but spending too much time riding the cable. In fact, all the things that I need to do aren't getting done because I spend too much time riding the cable.

petrie141 03-26-2014 7:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly135 (Post 1870209)
The Egnater I bought when they first came out. It's a solid amp. The Bugera, which looks mint, I picked up for $50 because the clean channel won't come on when selected. Been meaning to fix it but spending too much time riding the cable. In fact, all the things that I need to do aren't getting done because I spend too much time riding the cable.

Ha, I hear that. I haven't mowed the lawn in a while but I've been to the lake a lot! Good looking amps.

fly135 03-26-2014 8:51 AM

My neighbors mow my lawn! LOL. I feel guilty every time I'm putting my wakeboard in the car and see them out working in the yard. Apparently not guilty enough though.