WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   2010 Watson (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777130)

bogartsomeday 03-02-2010 11:54 PM

2010 Watson

Anyone ridden it? If so, whats the difference between the previous watson shape and the new 2010 shape? Ya i've read all the changes they made on the board with the quadrupal concave, hook-bevel rail, etc....but i wanna know how it rides different than the last shape. Also wanna know how the Lyman rides and the difference between the Lyman and Watson. Thanks!

benjaminp 03-03-2010 4:38 AM

Asking which board has better pop AND speed probably killed your question. I am under the impression that the Lyman is faster, but the Watson pops more. So how do I vote in your poll?

rclester89 03-03-2010 5:09 PM

Ben is right, Watson has a more abrupt 3 stage and Lyman is faster. Your comparing two different style of riders and two different style boards.

sidekicknicholas 03-03-2010 6:34 PM

Watson = Straight up pop
Lyman = Fast as balls

bogartsomeday 03-04-2010 9:36 AM

i guess what i should have asked is which board is more "balanced" of the two....idk if any of you snowboard but you know how there's "Park" specific boards and then there's like "freeride" boards for doin big mountain stuff and goin faster? But then there's "freestyle" snowboards which arent the best at any specific terrain but they're a balanced combination of park and freeride. So idk is the analogy helped at all but pretty much if the lyman has good or great pop, or at least better pop than the average continuous, then that would prob mean the lyman has a better combo of the two boards. But if the watson is faster than the average 3-stage rocker board and lyman has the same pop as a continuous board then i'd say the watson would be a better balance of pop and speed. Maybe this thread is too confusing or just too "black and white" to find a gray area lol

rclester89 03-04-2010 8:45 PM

Having just lost my snowboard virginity in January, I understand where you are coming from haha, but at the same time you have to understand that its more about what suits you best rather than a "balance" . When I first started riding I couldnt tell the difference between two wakeboards even if i had wanted too, but the more time you get behind a boat you will learn what "feels" best. To define pop for you take the flight of two baseballs landing in in the outfield. Continuous would be a line drive and 3 stage would be a pop fly. Technically 3 stage or the watson actually has more pop but that is because it is to suit a wake to wake style of riding. The faster lymann has a continuous rocker to suit his flats style riding. They are both kinda extremes of two different styles of riding so if there is a balance of the two it would be found in a different board not these two.

ralph 03-04-2010 9:09 PM

I ride the watson and don't really do anything wake to wake except BS1's. I haven't ridden the Lyman to compare but the Watson is such a good deck I don't really have any motivation to change.

bogartsomeday 03-04-2010 10:20 PM

thanks for the input guys! i just need to demo the lyman since i already rode the watson...08