WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Witness to Ibex (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778261)

bcail 04-06-2010 11:04 AM

Witness to Ibex

I'm considering going from an 07 LF Witness to a 2010 Ibex. Anyone ridden both boards?
I ride the Witness without the center fin. I'm an intermediate rider. I can do all 4 front side 180's W2W. 6'2", 200 - 205 lbs

Thanks for any info.

schmidt18 04-06-2010 6:18 PM

Hey man, I ride the Ibex, it's by far one of the fastest boards out there and imo one of THE best boards out there. I would go with it and don't look back. It will take a few sets to get used to, but it will be worth it.

rmcronin 04-06-2010 7:41 PM

I ride a 144 witness. I've been riding for 16 years, and the Witness is by far my favorite board yet. If you try something new, don't sell your Witness until you know you like something better.

andrew_moreton 04-06-2010 8:01 PM

I have to agree with Scholedrider. The Witness is one of the best shapes out there, especially for an intermediate rider. The Ibex is going to be a lot faster board, so demo the Ibex to see if you like it, but keep the Witness until you're sure because it's a great shape.

bcail 04-07-2010 6:13 AM

Thanks guys, I rode a 139 (a little short for me) Ibex last weekend. I felt that it had better pop than the Witness, not sure abotu the speed.

Any other thoughts.........

schmidt18 04-07-2010 7:07 AM

I actually started with the Ibex 144 and felt it was too long for me, not very easy to maneuver in the air so I went back down to the 139 and love it. I'm 6'3" 210lbs. I have never rode the witness, but have to agree with Scholedrider & Andrew, keep you witness until you find that new board you like. The Ibex has some of the best pop that I have ever experienced on a board and holds it's edge really well.

All comes down to personal preference and what you feel comfortable on. My best suggestion is take your witness with you and ride back to back sessions to determine if there is enough of a noticeable difference that you like about the new board vs your current board. Try different lengths as well, do basic cuts, slides, jumps, etc, and have fun with it.

kamighazi 04-07-2010 8:51 AM

Never ridden the Ibex (heard good things)...

Thats said, i absolutely love the witness. If they stop making that shape, i will buy and horde as many boards i can fine. the pop is right, board is loose (ish), and the edges are super forgiving.

bcail 04-07-2010 2:44 PM

Ok, a related question as I have really enjoyed the Witness. Has the shape changed any since '07 and if so how?

kcrider 04-07-2010 8:13 PM

No its the same shape. I thought I heard that a new one is coming out next year though. I love my witness and short of a new flex board I'm not changing it for any board. I just like it alot

bcail 04-08-2010 8:35 AM

Thanks guys

Still not sure what I'm going to do but I appreciate the info.