WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through September 23, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192984)
-   -   First try at making a video (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184807)

pureliquid 08-11-2004 2:37 PM

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share my first try at putting together a video. <BR> <BR>Sorry in advance for some of the shaky clips. My girlfriend doesn't have the best camera handling skills , but she's always willing to film so I can't complain. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=11526" target="_blank">http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=11526</a>

fatsac 08-11-2004 3:30 PM

Nice. My girlfriend and I are in Roseville and always trying to hook up with a group. Let me know when you guys are headin out. <BR>"Have boat, need locals" <BR> <BR>

pureliquid 08-11-2004 3:33 PM

No problem Mike. Where do you guys usually ride?

gr8waker 08-11-2004 3:33 PM

great vid.was some of that filmed at folsom lake in cali <BR>

three6ty 08-11-2004 4:48 PM

Pure, <BR>I am going to give you some honest feedback. Dont get mad at me , but rather use it as constructive criticizm. <BR>The clips you used were great and it looked like there was some good riding out there on the lake. Some good solid riders doing some good tricks. But, run some or all of the video at regular speed. I felt like I was watching the Blair Witch Project all over again. It was slow motion to superslow back to a little slow but with no full speed action. It just felt a bit choppy to me. Its always good to see those big 360's off the double up at full speed. Also if you are going to show some women in your video, give us some good rack or Ass shots for christ sakes, most of us are men and you know we all are pigs!!!. <BR>Good first video though, and please take it constructivly, and not as a put down. <BR>Good luck on your next Video and I look forward to seeing your editing Improve. <BR>Erik

three6ty 08-11-2004 5:29 PM

I just watched it again, and I totally missed the T and A shots the first time. Good job <BR>

pureliquid 08-11-2004 6:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback Erik. To be honest, I only edited in two speeds (regular time and 50% of regular time) except for the last two tricks in the video, But again I do appreciate the comments and feedback. <BR> <BR><b>Derek</b> - Yes, the footage is from Folsom Lake, Bullards Bar and the Sacramento River. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

jarrod 08-11-2004 7:17 PM

Great video. I think what Erik was talking about was the dissolves. It's cool to do a few dissolves here and there, but you used them many times in a row to link trick after trick after trick, and it was really fast. I think that's where the choppy feel came from. If you had more time between tricks or dissolves it may have appeared smoother. <BR> <BR>Over all a great job though. Much much better than my first. I didn't even know how to do dissolves on my first couple of videos. I just cut from trick to trick! haha <BR> <BR>SICK Crow Mobe at the end!!!

deepstructure 08-12-2004 1:29 AM

lol - why would you take any advice from someone that missed half the footage (the tna shots)?? you sure you were even watching his vid erik?? ;)

blabel 08-12-2004 7:03 AM

I liked the video but it was slightly disturbing to see the booty shot with the little girl's face in the foreground!!! <BR> <BR>Other than that, nice vid and nice riding.

catdaddy76 08-12-2004 8:17 AM

I thought your vid was awsome! There was some great tricks in there, I just want to see the flash of the hottie in red!! <BR>I am going to try to make my first vid this winter with all of the summers film that we have taken. How did you make this one. Do you have software that makes this possible?

pureliquid 08-12-2004 10:10 AM

<b>Teddy</b> - I used a trial version of Ulead Video Studio 8 (downloaded it from the Ulead website). <BR> <BR><b>blabel</b> - I know what you mean. I actually thought about not putting that clip into the video because of that reason.

hoser325 08-20-2004 10:44 PM

Great video! sick riding and plenty of T&amp;A. Props!

thelakeisglass 08-21-2004 6:26 AM

Awesome job! Great first effort!

foobysmacker 08-21-2004 9:03 AM

Nice vid. Good mix of riding and candid (incl T&amp;A) shots. I like the mix of great riding with being able to see the fun that everyone is having, including the riders' expressions and riding away from tricks a bit longer than in other vids. <BR> <BR>Constructive criticism-- it's not the riding speed that is difficult to watch but more so the footage (or editing software) that is really choppy. Your 50% speed shots look like they were filmed at a 50% framerate or something. I know this isn't the case but it looks like your software screwed things up a bit. Typical slow-mo shots should look like ALL the frames are there (hopefully filmed at a high shutter speed in bright light) and the editing s/w doubles every frame to make it smooth. Also, the lighting is just a bit tough on some shots (backlight people and such). Good eye for clips to use, just mediocre technical quality source footage (if that makes sense). Oops I just re-read about the shaky clips, so clearly you know some of the stuff I mean. <BR> <BR>Now to sound like an old man... normally I love to show these vids to my kids who are really starting to get into riding (my oldest is a 9 yr. old girl). Of course, I don't like to show her guys flipping the bird or songs dropping the f-bomb, so that's something to think about. I actually like the song choice, but the one verse is tough for parents like me. Oddly enough, I like what you did with the girl's flashing-- quick enough and censored well enough that my kids don't really get it, but all us true pigs start hoping for more! Nice job on that one. <BR> <BR>Best of all, the vid made me want to get out and board with a big group of friends. So in all... well done! <BR>

malibuboarder75 08-21-2004 9:45 AM

really good riding. I liked the crow mobe at the end to finish it off.

trojanman 08-21-2004 7:29 PM

great vid bro.. anybody have any good ideas for how to get good slo mo in premiere..... also... you said that some of the footage was from bullards bar.. how did you like the lake.. ive been trying to plab a trip there for some time now.. thanks

pureliquid 08-21-2004 10:23 PM

Bullards Bar is one of the nicest lakes that I've been to. You'll love it.