WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Skylon Customer Service (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792390)

wakebrdr94 03-22-2012 5:05 PM

Skylon Customer Service

So during the thread discussion regarding the Skylon Vector, I made a statement regarding the poor service provided to me by Skylon. I just want to say, that post prompted Eric From Skylon to contact me, apologize for the service I received, and try to right the wrong. We all have some sort of story where we have received some sort of bad service, and we are left with that impression of the company. After talking with Eric, I just want to say thanks. I too am in retail sales, and no matter how hard we try, and no matter how many happy customers we have, we still tend to hear the negatives over the positives. I believe, that we should also praise the good, and not just fling the bad. As a customer, I just wanted to express my appreciation to Eric for contacting me. Proof that one employee and simple kind gesture can change opinions. So I would like to apologize for my previous statement, and once again say thanks to Eric. If you have any questions or concerns, he is the guy to talk to over there.

I'm not one to admit when I'm wrong, just ask my wife:D

Thanks again

jeff_mn 03-23-2012 8:02 AM

Good natured thread.

bear 03-23-2012 9:59 AM

I have to say I have had a great experience with Skylons customer service! In fact it was in regards to a product that wasn't even theirs. On my factory racks the bunggie cord broke and I went around to a few different places, and all said they didn't have to right things to fix it. So I live close to Skylon and I gave them a call and explained my situation. They said come on by so i did, and they fixed it for free! I will be a customer of there's from now on!

wakebrdr94 03-23-2012 11:03 AM

As I said, I need to give praise when something is good, not just focus on the bad. I don't want to follow in the steps of the media.

Riteride 03-23-2012 11:23 AM

Dave,

Its to bad there are not more people out there like you.. That is a very nice thing that you have done for the guy's at Skylon, to show your appreciation. Not many people would go out of their way to give a positive shout out, I like you style.. And also good on the guy's at Skylon to take care of their customers the best they can..

wakebrdr94 03-23-2012 10:00 PM

Thanks Brett,
As I mentioned, I too am in sales and realize the importance of customer service and positive feedback. Yes my initial experience was bad, but as mentioned, thanks to Eric, he made an effort and it was appreciated. There are many companies on this forum and others that have a good following, and it is because of their great customer service, and word of mouth of that service spreads. So it is important to reward the positives as well.