WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through June 20, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=465992)
-   -   Just got my Asterisk knee braces (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457968)

airagain 06-04-2007 3:40 PM

Well, after taking a bad fall on Memorial day weekend I decided that I am either getting too old for this or I am going to have to do something to make sure that I can at least walk in the future. After searching the threads here I decided to purchased a set of Asterisk braces(Much like CTi). I have to say that I am very impressed so far. They seem extremely comfortable. I will have to put them to the test this week and see how they work in the water.

singapore_sling 06-04-2007 8:07 PM

Im only 17, but after this weekend i was thinking of getting knee braces. I didn't have that bad of a fall but my knee hurt to much to ride the rest of the day. Do you think they will help, and how much do they cost?

wakebrdr38 06-04-2007 8:15 PM

cti's have saved me numerous times

airagain 06-04-2007 8:19 PM

Mike <BR> <BR>I am hoping they help. I am ollllld and have definitely put my knees to good use over the years. I am hoping that I can keep the spring in my step for a little longer. I found them on E-bay for 499.00 for the pair. Everyplace else they were 599.00. Much cheaper then surgery and rehab.

singapore_sling 06-04-2007 8:31 PM

Holy crap, $400 bucks for knee braces! What kind of material is in them that is so expensive? I was thinking they might have been around $50 lol.

wakeshredder16 06-04-2007 9:59 PM

Mike you can get a cheaper verision to hold you down for now. i sprained a couple of the ligaments in my knee last year couldnt ride and went to my docter he recommened just picking up on of the neoprem with the metal brace from ur local store. got mine at target and havent had any pain in my knee at all. if i take it off i cant even ollie without it hurting.

gene3x 06-05-2007 4:20 AM

I put a pair of the astericks on and they didn't seem to fit right. They are supposed to be the best value right? How do they stack up against te perscription ones?

airagain 06-05-2007 6:54 AM

There definitely is some adjustments that need to happen initially. Once they are adjusted they fit me great. I think it is also important to make sure to get the right size. That involves measuring your knees. I was right between a large and XL and went with the large. They fit great. From what I have seen they stack up pretty well verse prescription. Plus the prescription braces are around $1600.00 each.

nick_in_ssp 06-05-2007 3:48 PM

This is the third season with my Asterisk braces and since I've had them I havn't had any problems. (I am knocking on wood right now) I had the neoprene ones for two years and every time I took a bad fall I would be out for about two weeks. I will never board again without good braces. Get some braces, what ever brand you decide to get.

detonate69 06-05-2007 4:32 PM

"Holy crap, $400 bucks for knee braces! What kind of material is in them that is so expensive? I was thinking they might have been around $50 lol." <BR> <BR>Thats cheap. My CTI was $1600.

nikdog 06-06-2007 10:20 AM

I would check with your insurance company, My husband just got the CTI's and our insurance covered it all....Also they were made custom fit for him.. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by nikdog on June 06, 2007)

lfrider139 06-06-2007 10:34 AM

yeah i just got my new brace too... i got one of the evs web ones that are made out of carbon fiber or whatever...but the brace is super strong and pretty light, it had really good support too...worth every cent