WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through September 20, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=255878)
-   -   J-Star Lyman (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254064)

silverhawk 09-13-2005 3:34 PM

Anyone ride/know anything about this board? How is the pop compared to a true 3-stage board? Im looking for a board a little faster and poppier than my 04 era, would this board fit my wants? Also how would the Lyman compare to say a Byerly, Substance, Absolute? Which one would ride the closest to my era? Which one would be the fastest and poppiest? I know i should demo, but living in Illinoin, there arent many places to demo boards at.(I have yet to find a boardshop near me) Any info will be appreciated. <BR> <BR>Thanks

jwb 09-13-2005 3:44 PM

i ride an 04 lyman and my personal opinion is i love it. Its a continous board, and the boards you rattled off are all 3 stage. Ive ridden in the last summer a state which is kinda like an era and i went higher on that than my lyman, but my lyman takes me farther out....its all personal preference.... <BR>The byerly, substance, and absolute i have never rode, save an 03 byerly, so i cant really help you out with those.

whirlynuke02 09-13-2005 6:53 PM

ive heard it rides pretty similar to a 3ds, and not just because it looks similar. thats just what i heard though

wakeriderixi 09-13-2005 7:38 PM

Im intrested as well.... probably the board I want to know about more then other I have yet to demo.

deepstructure 09-14-2005 10:02 AM

there are also two reviews each of the 136 and the 141 on the board guide...

wakestar8878 09-14-2005 10:43 AM

It looks really close to the old 6 fin Belmont shape. What do you think Chris?

grimlock 09-14-2005 12:32 PM

I love the feel of my 04 136 Lyman. The board tracks really well, has good pop, lands soft, and releases from the wake very nice. I ride the board finless, haven't tried it with the fin. I demoed this board after riding a O Brien Player, and felt this board had much more pop, is a lot faster, and has softer landings. I also demoed the TFD and Subject from last year, both felt faster, but I liked the way this board pops and lands better. It all depends on how you ride, because I've seen people get no pop on boards that are supposed to give you a ton of pop, people riding with cracked boards missing a fin that are going huge, ie Jimmy Wolf, and just look at how big Lyman goes. I like my board a lot, and it has helped me to progress my riding over the last year a ton. Hope this info helps a little.

deepstructure 09-14-2005 1:37 PM

i agree shawn. very similar.

thane_dogg 09-14-2005 2:35 PM

I don't know guys it lookalike a Blindside Billy Mckee to me.

wakeriderixi 09-14-2005 4:29 PM

it always reminded me of a Substance with out the 3 stage..

deepstructure 09-14-2005 5:59 PM

guess it just goes to show how similar a lot of the boards are nowadays