WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   couldn't buy this election... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796137)

pesos 11-07-2012 7:29 PM

couldn't buy this election...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...NATE-popup.jpg

Sheldon Adelson and his wife, Miriam, in February. Mr. Adelson, the biggest single donor in political history, supported eight republican candidates through "super PACs." All of them lost on Tuesday despite the $35 million donated (his donations alone are more than the 3 leading dem superpacs combined). Turns out the American people don't care too much for rape, legitimate or otherwise...

no_tools 11-07-2012 9:28 PM

turns out no one cares about this post. lol

11-07-2012 9:29 PM

They sure care about spreading their wealth out of the country though..... Spread that wealth, spread that wealth....

pesos 11-07-2012 9:42 PM

I think Adelson probably cares lol - doubt Karl Rove is taking his calls today...

11-07-2012 10:00 PM

Maybe. Guys like that can make their money off shore or anywhere. Glad Americans are supporting people who want to keep American jobs in America by getting rid of the policies that move jobs overseas. California passed taxes on "rich" people I see. Can't wait for the collapse. Between obama care and taxing the small business owners more, there will not be a full time employee in the state soon.

pesos 11-07-2012 10:14 PM

Maybe the GOP should consider providing some ACTUAL DETAILS about how they plan to keep jobs in the US and stem the flow you're talking about... instead of waxing poetic about rape and other things they clearly know zero about... That way they might actually pick up some fiscal conservative votes and stop alienating just about everyone...

11-07-2012 10:33 PM

Two idiots talk about rape and that is what the useful idiots hang on to? Really? Stemming the flow of jobs out of the country is easy. Stop the stupid environmental laws that add needless regulation. Develop our own energy. Democrats don't want us to use our resources because it does not support spread the wealth. The environment angle is such a lie it is not even funny. If you are getting the resources, you are getting them from the environment already. There is zero net gain in that department except you move it to places that don't care about the environment. You actually do more harm than good. You have to make items from china expensive. You have to attract money into the country. The same reason cities are doing well compared to the poor republican areas around them. They are able to attract money to the area. That is why they don't feel pain and it is the reason you are doing well because you live in a area that has the federal reserve and the banking industry that goes with it. That and Holly Wood are the only things propping up this state. They are able to bring in vast wealth to be captured by secondary service providers. Pretty soon, the middle class high tech worker will be shut down due to expenses of living in the state due to fuel, food, transportation and taxes. When that happens, the investment money just may move to the other high tech areas of the country and you will be left with a few ag jobs and government jobs and that is it.

pesos 11-07-2012 10:39 PM

Not just any two idiots... Two SITTING US SENATORS and it wasn't just two... There were a few other reps who made similarly stupid comments (including that moron that equated rape and having a baby out of wedlock, whoops).

I'm not arguing with your ideas, I'm trying to get the point across that you keep railing against the democrats but you aren't realizing that the GOP is not doing anything you're talking about either - nor are they even making it a part of their platform... what IS in their platform? BS about abortion with no exceptions for rape or mother's health, and going out of their way to take away rights from gay people. And they wonder why they got shellacked across the nation last night...

11-08-2012 5:41 AM

No one is trying to take rights away from gay people. Gay people are trying to degrade peoples values and tell them that their belief system is not valid. Gay people can get married to people they don't like just like the rest of us and contribute their 2.1 kids to prop up the pyrmide schemes of the government just like the rest of us. beyond that the government should be out of the marriage game. I am all for the rights that are provided for couples in the social contracts but this pure hatred of religious people has to stop. It is a matter of time before blacks and hispanics realize that the party they support hates their beliefs. Democrats blind faith in abortion is scary. Pure genocide and big business. couple that with the big democrat strong holds continuously rank high in murder year after year, it does not leave much faith in that group of people. Not saying republicans are perfect but I would rather not prop up those that have evil inclinations.

Beside, none of that matters if we are all broke.

pesos 11-08-2012 9:56 AM

Sure... And no one is attacking women's rights either. The REPUBLICAN senator from Alaska doesn't know what she's talking about:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a-ahTvvV-dI&start=115" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

steezyshots 11-08-2012 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
America's new flag

wake77 11-08-2012 1:58 PM

If you are so worried that the US is becoming a communist nation, then why not just pack up and leave?

steezyshots 11-08-2012 2:14 PM

We have the best government money can buy. I have lived abroad in the past and planning on building a house in Costa Rica in the next few years

11-08-2012 7:19 PM

It will not be communist as long was we have a constitution, but, we will have revolution before any of it. We have more and more uneducated people and none of them understand economics. They recognize violence as witnessed by the democrat strong inner cities. We have illegals streaming in by the millions. The democrats are passing every law they can to move the wealth out of the country and keep it there. It will be a matter of time before the middle class collapses and then the thugs on the bottom will take to the streets. Wait... didn't we already have a little bit of that with OWS groups? Why were they rallying with a democrat president anyway? Regardless. If you think that is bad. Wait until no business will hire them as a full time worker due to benefits costing so much. They will really march. I call within 2 to 3 years you will see marches like you have never seen before. They will still blame the corporations for shortcomings of the government policies even though they know perfectly well it is just a reaction to the policies. Calls for revolution will grow. It is by design.

cragrat 11-08-2012 10:23 PM

Now now... everything will be fine. Let's all just wait to sell our homes and failing businesses until next year... THEN we can shell out the extra 3.5% at closing that health care mandates. C'mon now... smile. Everyone knows that the sale of your two largest assets is INTEGRALl for the success of socialized medicine! And when it comes to energy... no worries there either. After all... the EPA has waited until after the election to make a decision on fracking (sp?) in Ohio. SURELY they'll now say "Go ahead... TAP those resources and provide countless jobs. Last but not least... we ARE a coal friendly nation. And with due diligence, Washington stateand the EPA WILL allow BILLIONS of tons of low sulfer Powder River Basin coal to be transported across Washington state to ship out to China. You know them. That country over there that actually WANTS it? Silly people... ALL IS WELL!

TerryR 11-09-2012 12:46 PM

My son works at Univ. of Cali while he goes to school. He just got notified he will be part time due to the Affordable Care Act.

TerryR 11-09-2012 12:48 PM

Glad to hear about Ohio. They wanted it.

wake77 11-09-2012 1:16 PM

I will never support fracking, even if it meant free gas for life for all Americans. And if anyone that believes fracking is a good thing, you need to do more research and look past the oil companies' lies.

norcalrider 11-09-2012 2:17 PM

Maybe it's just me but it looks like the President's supporters and super-pac raised and spent more than the Republicans.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/campaign-finance

steezyshots 11-09-2012 2:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryR (Post 1793875)
My son works at Univ. of Cali while he goes to school. He just got notified he will be part time due to the Affordable Care Act.

There are a lot of big business that moved 10's of thousands of employees to part time to avoid obamacare. It's sad but most of them probably did it to themselves..

We will be doing the same to our few employees.

cragrat 11-09-2012 5:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Impressive piece of machinery.

The engineer that designed it... the laborer who built it... the distibutor that sold it... the guy that drives it... the team of mechanics that maintain it... the local service company that replaces the tires... the local parts salesman that keeps it running... the railroad engineer that delivers it's contents... the community that DEPENDS on it's productivity... ALL fear their future.

joeshmoe 11-10-2012 6:39 AM

they showed on the news last year, here in Ohio, a chimney that lost a few bricks from an earth quake that was due to fracking!

fly135 11-10-2012 7:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steezyshots (Post 1793895)
There are a lot of big business that moved 10's of thousands of employees to part time to avoid obamacare. It's sad but most of them probably did it to themselves..

We will be doing the same to our few employees.

Finally moving away from employer provided health care. Universal healthcare comes next.

11-10-2012 1:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
whoops

deuce 11-10-2012 6:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltahoosier (Post 1793740)
It will not be communist as long was we have a constitution, but, we will have revolution before any of it. We have more and more uneducated people and none of them understand economics. They recognize violence as witnessed by the democrat strong inner cities. We have illegals streaming in by the millions. The democrats are passing every law they can to move the wealth out of the country and keep it there. It will be a matter of time before the middle class collapses and then the thugs on the bottom will take to the streets. Wait... didn't we already have a little bit of that with OWS groups? Why were they rallying with a democrat president anyway? Regardless. If you think that is bad. Wait until no business will hire them as a full time worker due to benefits costing so much. They will really march. I call within 2 to 3 years you will see marches like you have never seen before. They will still blame the corporations for shortcomings of the government policies even though they know perfectly well it is just a reaction to the policies. Calls for revolution will grow. It is by design.

I actually laughed....not smiled while reading, but laughed... I appreciate your comments...

ord27 11-10-2012 8:44 PM

labor unions......

exempt from Obamacare.....

I have friends in my state who work in the energy/power field. They went to help out with power outages
from Sandy and were turned away unless they joined the union. I hear that this happened to many many workers

I don't like where things are headed
saying "I told you so" in a few years won't be very satisfying

http://news.yahoo.com/labor-tax-rich...085703375.html

wake77 11-11-2012 4:05 AM

"I have friends in my state who work in the energy/power field. They went to help out with power outages
from Sandy and were turned away unless they joined the union. I hear that this happened to many many workers"

This is a letter from Decatur, AL utilities that was written to our local paper. They had been reported as a utility company that was "turned away for not joining the union" in Seaside Heights:

"Decatur Utilities sent a 6-man crew to the Northeast Wednesday, October 31, bound for Seaside Heights, N.J., to assist with power restoration. Communication with Seaside Heights was poor due to lack of cell phone service in the area.

Upon arriving at a staging area in Virginia, crews were held in place pending clarification of documents received from IBEW that implied a requirement of our employees to agree to union affiliation while working in the New York and New Jersey areas. It was and remains our understanding that agreeing to those requirements was a condition of being allowed to work in those areas. As we waited for clarification, we became aware that Seaside Heights had received the assistance they needed from other sources. To be clear, at no time were our crews 'turned away' from the utility in Seaside Heights.

In connection with state and regional public power associations, Decatur Utilities attempted to contact other areas that needed assistance. However, based on the uncertainty of union requirements that we could not agree to and the uncertainty of whether a resolution could be reached, we ultimately made the decision to return them to Decatur after being stalled in the Virginia area most of the day on Thursday.

Decatur, Ala., Utilities
"

Now I am not trying to take up for labor unions, I am simply saying that their is a lot of misinformation going around.