WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Anyone know this boat in Orlando? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791824)

JoLo_Si 02-13-2012 8:17 AM

Anyone know this boat in Orlando?

2 Attachment(s)
I'm looking at this boat and am goign to test drive it on Wednesday but I was cautioned at ccfans.com that it might be worn out. Anyone know this boat or it's owner in Orlando? Do you know if it's been road hard a put away wet (bad), or road daily and properly stored & maintained (good)? It looks like it could be a great starter for me w/ tower, PP and plumbed ballast but I am afraid it was abused.

Any opinions are welcome, even if you don't have first hand experience.

02-13-2012 10:02 AM

How many hours does it have? If its the one Im thinking about its been sacked out pretty heavy, had seen many better optioned nautique2001 boats for less $ and its been for sale for a long time.

Believe the guys on ccfan.com those guys know their boats to a t.

JoLo_Si 02-13-2012 10:19 AM

LR3 - They don't say how many hours since the engine was replaced. If you know of some other hooked up SN2001's please let me know. There are some other clean ones out there but no accessories or just a tower for $5,500 min but I would really like the extras already installed so I don't have to do it and a quick resale when the right V-drive shows up.

wakebrdr38 02-13-2012 6:55 PM

Just FYI, I previously owned an 86 ski nautique 2001 that I sold 4 years after I bought it with me putting over 400 hours on it (totalling just over 1000 hours). I never put a tower on it and never did a lot of modifications. I kept it in pristine shape and when I went to sell it, I only sold it for $500 less than I paid for it, and I paid just about what everyone was paying at the time. Oh and it sold in two weeks!

Ive spent a lot of time on correct craft fan as well as the2001.com. I would listen to what people have to say on those sites. The other thing I wanted to bring up is that one of the main reasons my boat held value and sold so quickly was because I didnt put a tower on it. Older nautiques typically do better in resale without the tower and lots of mods. Its a classic ski boat, dont mess up the lines with a tower. I recommend a skylon extended pole. Sure a tower has its advantages, I wont argue that, but if you are looking for a quick sale anyways, keep the basics and upgrade to a new boat when you are ready.

JoLo_Si 02-13-2012 7:46 PM

Wakebrdr38, I appreciate your advice and your experience however I have no interests in buying or worrying about selling a "classic". There are plenty of unmodified sn2001s out there if that's what your into. What I want and am sure I would have no problem selling, is a well maintained proven wake maker at a price around 5k.
It's alot to ask for, but that's why it's not so easy to find the right one.

JoLo_Si 02-14-2012 1:47 PM

Can't believe no one on here knows this boat. Friggin "off" season...

mike2001 02-15-2012 9:58 AM

You post on here asking for advice and once you get it, you criticize it because it's not what you want to hear. You've already been told it was used hard by CCfan and apparently that's not enough. If you are waiting for someone to tell you to buy it, go check it out yourself and buy it if its right. Sounds like you have a basic understanding of what to check out, and if not, ccfan and 2001.com have it discussed plenty of times.

JoLo_Si 02-15-2012 1:04 PM

OK Mike, I was just looking for some confirmation or a second source that was a little more sure than LR3.
I didn't criticize Kevin, in fact the opposite, as I start by saying that I appreciate his advice. He has a differnt take and perspective on the situation which is great but not relevant to what I am trying to accomplish.
I have every intention of looking at the boat and I do have a good idea of what to look for but not everything to know can be seen with your eyes or felt with your hands. This is an active community so I expect there is someone on WW with strong first hand knowledge however winter has slowed the activity on the boards.

If you have something constructive to add to the comentary I am ready to listen but your comments add nothing to the content of this thread.

bftskir 02-15-2012 5:38 PM

Go look at it in person, posting pics and asking questions won't ever tell you the condition of the boat. Take it to a reputable mechanic and have it inspected if you're worried about it after you see it but still think you have to have it. Pictures of boats never tell the story.

cadunkle 02-15-2012 6:00 PM

Even if it was sacked out heavy and loaded up or spin high RPM all day, not a big deal. It's cheap and easy to rebuild an engine. 351w are good reliable engines too.

Replacing stringers and floor is a lot more work. If that has already been done, great! If not, check it real good before buying. Doesn't rule it out if it needs stringers, but drop the price a few thousand if you're up for the work.

What is the guy asking? I didn't see it on Craigslist. There's a lot out there in the under $10k range. I was considering a 2001 for a long while, but I found there are more roomy boats available in the same price range that do fine, so for the same price as a 2001 with tower and some ballast plumbing built in I got a 23' open bow Supra with a big block, no tower or ballast though. After adding those things the price is similar but I have a bigger boat with more power as well as a wake I'm happy with. Not bashing it, just saying don't get set on a 2001 with an owner who thinks it's gold. There are also plenty of 2001 out there around $5k, some less. What you spend depends a lot on your long term plans for a boat.

surffresh 02-15-2012 6:52 PM

Orlando..wakeboarding capitol???? It;s rare to see anyone post on here from Orlando, I don't get it.

02-15-2012 6:56 PM

After looking at my notes from last fall when I was heavily searching for 2001s within 750 miles, that appears to be a different one. The one I was referring to I made the comment about being sacked out bc thats all the guy would talk about but he did a crappy job of it had like 1900 hrs on motor/transmission, wasnt certain about the stringers and wanted liked 11k lol.

If ur looking for a 2001 with the tower, ballast etc already installed it might be worth ur while to check it out. As youve heard or noticed, the ccfan guys dont like seeing them with towers.

If you're only looking to keep it for a few yrs then you'll prob break even on whatever 2001 you buy. I prefered the new dimensions tower on the 2001s myself, had been looking at some clean 2001 boats with low hours tht didnt need interior all redone & throwing that $1700 tower on it. i would have been in it for maybe 7k total.

02-15-2012 6:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surffresh (Post 1732189)
Orlando..wakeboarding capitol???? It;s rare to see anyone post on here from Orlando, I don't get it.

Are you serious?

JoLo_Si 02-15-2012 8:33 PM

LR3. Thanks for the update. Did you ever find a boat for yourself?

Thanks everyone for your input, hopefully I can get the test drive on Friday and give an update. Keep the comments coming in the mean time.

02-15-2012 8:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoLo_Si (Post 1732215)
LR3. Thanks for the update. Did you ever find a boat for yourself?

Thanks everyone for your input, hopefully I can get the test drive on Friday and give an update. Keep the comments coming in the mean time.

Ended up parting with my vride early 2011 bc I couldnt ever get reliable crew on the water. Then went on the hunt for a 2001 to just have around. But in the end just held off bc I have access to brand new nautiques at my disposal through friends.

I found some really good ideas for ballast if you do end up finding one without the preplumbed sacks.

Keep us posted on ur findings

JoLo_Si 02-18-2012 7:29 PM

Test drove the boat today. The structure, motor and tranny was all solid. The interior left alot to be desired as many suggested. It would be a good wake boat but not much fun for passengers or the ladies. Basically it won't work for me cuz my wife wouldn't ever want to come out in it, or maybe that makes it perfect...

Unless I can get a trade for my atv I'm still on the search.

JoLo_Si 02-18-2012 7:35 PM

One other thing, I love Orlando! Got to watch a set from Dallas during the test run and she's looking strong for the coming season.

Sorry for messing up the lake for a min, if ur out there. I wasn't sure where the line was until I got to the other side of the lake.

02-18-2012 8:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoLo_Si (Post 1732759)
One other thing, I love Orlando! Got to watch a set from Dallas during the test run and she's looking strong for the coming season.

Sorry for messing up the lake for a min, if ur out there. I wasn't sure where the line was until I got to the other side of the lake.

Was she out in her hot pink wakesetter?

JoLo_Si 02-19-2012 7:04 AM

White with hot pink accents, of course.

JoLo_Si 02-23-2012 1:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've got a deal on this baby hear and I'm pretty excited. Pending an inspection, lake test and compression test she'll be coming home with me Saturday. She's completely ready for wakeboarding with a newer interior, tower, perfect pass and plumbed balast. If she's not to salty all she needs is a good wet sanding, bimini and fat sack up front to be the perfect boat for me right now. Wish me luck.

beretta5spd 02-23-2012 1:37 PM

Just in case you haven't seen these threads already...

this boat was advertised on this site... back when classifieds were free here is the thread...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1242105308

and MOST IMPORTANTLY.... the build up from the previous owner. As soon as I seen the monster tower with the back legs with the curve in (as opposed to out which is the usual way of installing) I knew exactly which boat this was.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1231853904

enjoy

JoLo_Si 02-24-2012 2:38 PM

Holly Crap Dwight, I hadn't seen those and I am so grateful you remembered it and shared. Now I am super stoked after seeing more of the details and the effort that was put into the boat. I thought it was exactly what I wanted and now I know it is. Tomorrow can't come fast enough!

If the owner who has had it between now and 2009 took half as good care of it as Scubz, kept it coverd and out of salt, this boat will be booting wakeboarders for many years to come.