WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through February 04, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=211794)
-   -   O'neill Vapor Vs Outlaw? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208314)

wickedwake 01-24-2005 7:46 AM

Which would you pick?

jwat142 01-24-2005 7:57 AM

I picked the outlaw. It was a lot easier to get on and off and it was just as flexible as the vapor. Also, the outlaw has buckles that keep the vest from riding up on you.

jarrod 01-24-2005 10:00 AM

The Vapor is a piece of shiat. Everytime you crash you have to reposition it.

pierce_bronkite 01-24-2005 10:05 AM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>The Vapor is a piece of shiat. Everytime you crash you have to reposition it. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR> <BR>How true that is. <BR> <BR>The Law is a very comfortable vest and its Cost Guard approved. I plan on replacing my Vapor with it.

hundo 01-24-2005 10:06 AM

Go with the physco2 , you'll be warm in 50 degree water

pierce_bronkite 01-24-2005 10:41 AM

don, he is reffering to vests not wetsuits.

wickedwake 01-24-2005 12:18 PM

Whew, Im glad I asked. My local O'neill dealer almost wouldnt let me walk out of the shop the other day w/o buying a Vapor vest, he told me "everyone" has one and loves it. I guess he was trying to get rid of them LOL. Thanks for the input guys

wickedwake 01-24-2005 12:20 PM

Pierce: Have you ridden with the Law yet? I was considering it a while back but most seem to say that the Outlaw floats you fairly well. <BR> <BR>Do you gusy that ride with the Outlaw agree? Floatation pretty well with this vest?

jarrod 01-24-2005 12:34 PM

I know two other guys that HAD the vapor, blew it out, and then went to the outlaw which they are very happy with. <BR> <BR>

pierce_bronkite 01-24-2005 12:41 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>Pierce: Have you ridden with the Law yet? <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR>Clay, no I have just tried it on and was suprised how comfortable and thin it was. It did not feel bulky especially for a CGA vest. <BR> <BR>The Vapor is a comfortable vest but my padding would move all over the place on hard falls. <BR> <BR>I am just switching to a CGA vest for the obvious reasons. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on January 24, 2005)

jwat142 01-24-2005 12:43 PM

My outlaw floats me alright. You can definitely tell the difference though between the outlaw and a CGA vest. The outlaw keeps my head above water and that's about it. It just depends on what you're looking for in a vest.

guido 01-24-2005 12:57 PM

Outlaw works OK. I've been riding them for 3 years. I've never had a problem with flotation, despite being knocked silly a few times. I've started to consider the Law, though, because of floatation concerns. I noticed that if I float, out of my board, the water level is just below my nose. Granted I'm not very boyant and with the extra floatation of a board being on its OK, but don't expect to float like you would in a CGA vest.

hundo 01-24-2005 1:18 PM

oppps, my bad . I'm just so happy about the wetsuit I tell everyone :-) <BR> <BR>

maestro 01-24-2005 1:51 PM

The vapor is super comfy, but the foam does tend to move around. Apparently they fixed this for 05 though. It also tends to ride up on bad bails. I ride one, and love it, despite its shortcomings...

wakeboarder408 01-24-2005 6:43 PM

I bought the Vapor then exchanged it for the Outlaw cuz i thought the Vapor was somewhat difficult to take off. I love the Outlaw vest. It floats me pretty good, its light, easy to put it on/take it off.

sylv2080 01-26-2005 6:25 AM

I just bought the Vapor @ the end of last season and I like it........I hardly know it is on until I crash.......and yes it takes some repositioning..........but most vests do. I got a great deal on Ebay with it (only paid $45.00) so I can't complain!!!!! The new Nevin Swat vest looks nice!