WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Calling all MXZ owners (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800280)

MIKEnNC 10-21-2013 8:53 AM

Calling all MXZ owners

I have been trying to make a tough decision on which boat to buy and have been extremely confused in my search as I want to get it right and don't plan on a boat change for a long time after this. I have had my eyes on a new 230 or axis a24. As of yesterday I went to demo the a24 and upon arriving at dealer I realized that boat is just too huge for me, it is a monster for those who haven't seen it in person. I did a demo on mxz instead and I loved the look of the boat. The boat had the hard ballast tanks but no extra sacks in back lockers. The wake was very nice but not overly impressive. the surfgate was cool but the pocket wasn't there and anytime I let go of rope I would slide back over the wave and was done after that. for those that have this boat can u tell me what you think of it, both good and bad as I have replaced the axis with this and now am considering new 230 and this mxz. will adding the bags to the rear lockers make that much of a difference to both the wakeboard wake and the surf wave? Is this boat a good surfing boat? thank u to whoever can help. My biggest thing is I want to get this decision right and not have to repeat it. my next boat will be my last boat possibly and if not will be the last for a really long time.

cjh1669 10-21-2013 9:30 AM

Adding the bags will help a ton, but you will also want more bow weight. The MXZ has an insane wakeboard wake when weighted right. Not BUs best surf machine, but I've heard some people have gotten them dialed in, they are just a little tougher to do so. A stock ballast MXZ vs a sacked out one are night and day.

skiboarder 10-21-2013 9:52 AM

I love our MXZ. It is true wakeboard machine and weighted right I'll put it right up against an Xstar or G23 (I've ridden them all).

I run ours with Stock ballast + Wedge all the way down + 750 on each side of the engine + about 500lbs of Lead in walkway. The wake is best at about 23.8 @ 75ish feet. I'm an advanced rider and I ride 24.5 @ 80+ on most every other boat (including our old VLX). Also, I've been impressed at how clean the wake stays a slower speeds. I can run a beginner with no ballast at 18@60ft and the wake stay clean for learning wake to wakes.

For surfing it is definitely stronger than our VLX. Most all of the original problems with surfing the MXZ had to do with with the surfgate position, but this has been resolved on the new ones. Or in my opinion the best fix is to fill stock on the off-side and stock +750 on the surf side. This really gets the gate in the water.

MIKEnNC 10-21-2013 9:58 AM

Justin, the one I demo'd was a 2013 dealer demo boat, do u think the surfgate location would have been correct on this one or do u know a way I could tell, also do u by chance have pics of yours with the plates sitting in it like u r talking about it,, also the dealer said the mxz bags that fit properly are 550 pounds and the rear lockers are slightly different the the axis which holds the 750 lb bags. are they incorrect? thanks for the info

axxxiswake 10-21-2013 10:09 AM

Why not an a22?

wakedaveup 10-21-2013 10:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some surf pics of the 2014 230 with NSS, wave is super clean and long (only 2 people in the boat). Wish I had got some wake pics for you Mike, but we were crunched for time and buyer was only concerned with surf wave.

skiboarder 10-21-2013 11:25 AM

Ahh, wake pictures. IMO, they just don't show much. A low camera angle can make it look like a head high wave...

If they aren't on there, you should be able to get them fairly easily, but I wouldn't worry much about it much it you weigh it like I said. I think the only change is that hey paddles are a hair larger.

skiboarder 10-21-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiboarder (Post 1849969)
Ahh, wake pictures. IMO, they just don't show much. A low camera angle can make it look like a head high wave...

If they aren't on there, you should be able to get them fairly easily, but I wouldn't worry much about it much it you weigh it like I said. I think the only change is that hey paddles are a hair larger.

Honesty, I was told that mine were 750s and they fill up pretty much the entire locker all the way to the top. I've never had them out to weigh them.

boardman74 10-21-2013 1:49 PM

Aren't you the dude who was going to go pay cash for a G23...price didn't matter. Then I saw it was a 230..but the wake looked to sucky for you in pictures...so then this week it was a A24, but it was to big when you got there. So then today it was a MXZ??? Sounds like you need to figure out what the heck you are looking for. I have seen you get some great feedback on here, but all that doesn't matter when you have no clue what you are looking for. It sure looks like you have NO CLUE what you are looking for. Also I remember you saying you were a super advanced rider. You should have no issue surfing a stock MXZ with surf gate if you are a super advanced rider.

john211 10-21-2013 1:56 PM

^^^
ron birch.
he used to post BS now he calls out BS.
alright man ... i'm with you on this one.

durty_curt 10-21-2013 2:29 PM

^^^ hahahaha

mike check your inbox...

I'm sure you guys have probably never said "the wakes too big" but one day out on R Craig's 24 MXZ aka ShamBu, we made her killer whale status! 1100# in each rear locker, 3 400# in the bow, ballast full, and wedge 1 click up from bottom. BIGGEST WAKE EVER EVER RIDDEN! and yes I've been behind them all. my knees and ankles were in agony for two days after that.

boardman74 10-21-2013 2:55 PM

RB= Ron Burgundy!!!

MIKEnNC 10-21-2013 5:33 PM

Yes I have been all over the place on what boat to purchase. Truth is I am completely lost. I never once said I was an advanced rider, in fact just the opposite. I once considered a tige to which I have demo'D and officially ruled out based on that and a friends poor customer Service experience with the brand. I went to demo an a24 and it like the g is just too massive of a boat for me. After I took out a mkz yesterday I liked it but wish it had the extra bags in it so I really could have got the full experience. It and a 230 is what I believe I am down too. I am just so freakin confused and I worry I will make the wrong choice. I don't know why I am so indecisive on this but I literally am so concerned with making the wrong choice that I am really unsure of myself. And if makes anyone feel any better or helps me get useful information, I suck as a rider. There hope some of u r happy now and can contribute if u have useful info that may help me make a good choice

Supra24 10-21-2013 5:39 PM

Have you looked at the SA? Similar to the mxz, arguable better :), and will have plug n play.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

boardjnky4 10-21-2013 7:00 PM

Calling all MXZ owners

The a24 might be bigger on paper, but the mxz22 is a huge 22 foot boat. Your nuts for ruling out the a24 IMO. If you're worried about size go a22.

501s 10-21-2013 7:21 PM

You've demo'd the Tige's and all the CC's and Bu's. Did you try a 23LSV? Perhaps take an MC X-30 or X-25 for test drive? Boat surf very well and have good wakeboard wakes, just different (X-30 is more mellow and handles tons of weight, X-25 requires a less weight but is a little steeper). All nice boats you are looking at.

Heacock03 10-21-2013 7:31 PM

Go back and test ride the MXZ with rear sacks, its as simple as that. Everyone likes different wakes and every wake is different, you shouldn't base your depiction on what is said on the Internet. I just bought a 2013 22MXZ and coming from a 2004 X- Star the wake is very different but I love it., the surfwake is good enough for 90% of people.

wakebordr11 10-22-2013 6:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra24 (Post 1850030)
Have you looked at the SA? Similar to the mxz, arguable better :), and will have plug n play.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796265

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799827
I have finally made a decision on boat I am getting so my nautique is going up for sale in next few days, Look at my past threads and u will c plenty of pics, also has over 6k stereo system all jl audio, message me if u r interested 07 sv211 team edition, perfect pass, ballasts, spinning racks, Bimini, custom boat specific cover, three batteries, snap carpet, and less than 200 hours

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796383

MIKEnNC 10-22-2013 7:01 PM

Delta, thanks for contributing to the thread. I really appreciate your great advise u give and the fact that u aren't one of those stir the pot like trolls that pop up on here and just start unnecessary drama, oh my bad I just realized that's what u r doing. If u were a little smarter u would have noticed i start out talking about how confused I am over boat purchase. In your attempt to start same old crap u always do u both demonstrated my confusion and your ignorance as far as your inability to read that I already said that I am confused about my boat purchase. Thank u for proving both of those points though sir. Well played

wakebordr11 10-23-2013 5:35 AM

I was just posting some history. You've been confused for a long time, so in that, I was hoping you would be able to have some clarity after this thread comparing 2 different boats, again, yet you made a decision a year ago?

I'm with Nick on this one, go demo the MXZ with proper weight and make an informed choice. Personally, I am a little confused though. You say you are not an advanced rider, so I am CONFUSED how a stock (any 2014 flagship boat) could have a wake that sucks in the eyes of someone who won't truly use a maxed out wake. I've recently ridden a 2011 Bu VLX with an extra 350 in the bow and wedge. I thought the wake was bananas! So, I am confused that you are confused. Why are we so confused.

MIKEnNC 10-23-2013 6:34 AM

in that case I apologize for rushing to judgement. I have been bashed so many times on here that I thought u were doing the same. I have so royally confused myself during this process trying to get it right and make the perfect decision that I have nearly drove myself crazy. I have demo'd several boats and have ruled out many. when I say wasn't super impressed with the wake it is because believe it or not it is not much superior to my existing wake. though I do know that it doesn't have the extra bags and that has to make a difference. For those that have been behind my boat or the same model it is a really nice wake. that being said I have had the itch for a while now for something new and I do want to get something that I wont have to worry about upgrading in the future. some of my crew are very advanced riders as well and can benefit more from the upgrade than I can currently though I want to advance and get better. My life is very stressful and fast paced and to be honest being at the lake where my cell phone doesn't work is my only release and nearly the only fun I have. It is very therapeutic to me and I don't mind investing in a really nice boat. I still don't want to regret my decision though. After much searching and reading and research online and in demos I have concluded that I am down to the 230 and mxz and I feel strongly I will purchase one of these soon.

supersonicmi 10-23-2013 10:13 AM

Go with the MXZ and go demo one first! You will want to upgrade the prop if you plan to add a lot of weight over stock. Wake is great at any weight and very versatile and adjustable... I looked at many boats and the MXZ was by far my favorite for the price - great wake at any speed or size, wake can be huge with weight added, easy to use, well designed, lots of room and storage. oh and surf wake is great if it is weighted right too!

axxxiswake 10-23-2013 11:43 AM

I still don't understand why OP won't consider an a22.....?

rcraighughes 10-24-2013 12:57 PM

Second it that the mxz can be versatile. Clean at low speeds or you can sack it out and get biggest wake imaginable. When we sacked mine out it was too big for me to ride and curt was getting booted

wakebordr11 10-24-2013 1:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEnNC (Post 1850240)
in that case I apologize for rushing to judgement. I have been bashed so many times on here that I thought u were doing the same. I have so royally confused myself during this process trying to get it right and make the perfect decision that I have nearly drove myself crazy. I have demo'd several boats and have ruled out many. when I say wasn't super impressed with the wake it is because believe it or not it is not much superior to my existing wake. though I do know that it doesn't have the extra bags and that has to make a difference. For those that have been behind my boat or the same model it is a really nice wake. that being said I have had the itch for a while now for something new and I do want to get something that I wont have to worry about upgrading in the future. some of my crew are very advanced riders as well and can benefit more from the upgrade than I can currently though I want to advance and get better. My life is very stressful and fast paced and to be honest being at the lake where my cell phone doesn't work is my only release and nearly the only fun I have. It is very therapeutic to me and I don't mind investing in a really nice boat. I still don't want to regret my decision though. After much searching and reading and research online and in demos I have concluded that I am down to the 230 and mxz and I feel strongly I will purchase one of these soon.

Brostock Double Up contest was behind a dumped MXZ, it'll make a fine wake for you to learn to Froggy Soven...

PotatoShack 10-24-2013 1:59 PM

The last two years of Brostock double up contest have been pulled by the Axis A22

wakebordr11 10-24-2013 3:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotatoShack (Post 1850470)
The last two years of Brostock double up contest have been pulled by the Axis A22

Oops, was thinking of the malibu open MXZ. They were both white and blue if I remember right. Anyway, both boats slammed make pro caliber wakes...

shawn_scott 10-24-2013 4:39 PM

Buy the MXZ 22 they are great boats. That's what I have right now and love it. Has a great wake with the 750's in the rear and a 500 in the nose. Plus a few people:) My wife loves all the room in the bow.

MIKEnNC 10-24-2013 6:55 PM

That's another thing, dealer tells me axis a22 has room for 750s in back and says that the Mxz is different because of a seat and lockers r different in that the Malibu mxz22 takes 550 sacks... Anyone know if this is correct? I wouldn't want to get a larger bag than what actually fits and it fill up and put pressure on the surrounding walls or dividers

wakebordr11 10-25-2013 8:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEnNC (Post 1850516)
That's another thing, dealer tells me axis a22 has room for 750s in back and says that the Mxz is different because of a seat and lockers r different in that the Malibu mxz22 takes 550 sacks... Anyone know if this is correct? I wouldn't want to get a larger bag than what actually fits and it fill up and put pressure on the surrounding walls or dividers

Sounds like people do it all the time. Don't be scurred! I want to see you in a pimped out MXZ!

Brett_B 10-25-2013 8:30 AM

If you are still confused then you just need to spend more time in and around each boat to see which ones fits your needs the best. Anything by the big 3 are all great boats so you really can't go wrong. Demo them again with proper ballast and see which wake you like the best. If you are looking at the 230 and 22 MXZ then you should also demo the new 23LSV as it's more comparable to the 230. As others mentioned also look at the X-30 and X-25. Both the 22MXZ and 23LSV need some weight in the nose to balance the extra weight in the rear lockers when adding sacs so don't forget that part. When adding extra ballast I have had great results with about 40% in the nose and 60% in the rear in my VLX. How good are the local dealers? That is a very important factor that you can't overlook. If you like both boats equally go with the dealer who will provide the best service.

rcraighughes 10-26-2013 1:51 PM

750s def fit. I have 1100s and they confirm to hatch and prob full to a little over 800

wakebordr11 10-28-2013 8:21 AM

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/oli-derome-shred/

Wake looks good to me

MIKEnNC 10-28-2013 11:17 AM

well my boat sold yesterday so it is time to make a selection. I am working with the Malibu dealer to work me out a deal as we speak. also talking to nautique dealer concerning 230. anyone that currently owns a 22 mxz could u please pm me best deal u were able to work out. if nobody wants to share that info I understand but your info would be greatly appreciated, thanks for everyones input. hopefully I will be posting some pics of my new boat soon to the forum.

boardjnky4 10-28-2013 12:18 PM

Mike, what dealer are you working with?

MIKEnNC 10-29-2013 6:22 PM

Promarine

MIKEnNC 11-03-2013 5:55 AM

Boat i, looking at is 22 Mxz but has 350, recently was told to me that if adding a lot of weight to it that boat would struggle trying to plane out...... Anyone have this setup and experience this problem? I wanted to add the rear locker bags and prob some tractor plates in front, hoping someone has this setup and can provide some insight

MIKEnNC 11-03-2013 5:56 AM

Meant to say I'm looking at, typo

superair502 11-03-2013 8:04 AM

Should be ok with 2315 prop

boardjnky4 11-05-2013 5:53 AM

Mike, I've been in the boat that you're probably looking at. It can handle much more weight than the stock setup. You'll be fine. That boat is phenomenal, and I can say that it's easily my favorite wake to ride. It's super clean at any speed and with the power wedge, you can get any shape you want out of it. If it was within my budget, I would buy one in a heartbeat. Also, ProMarine service is great. The owner really cares about wakeboarding as a sport, spreading the love and taking care of his customers.

supersonicmi 11-05-2013 12:26 PM

the 2315 is a must... should be able to easily add another 2-3k on top of stock with the prop upgrade... get the dealer include it in the sale, that's what I did :)