WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Not good! Only on Memorial day weekend (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793581)

seangriswold 05-27-2012 5:32 PM

Not good! Only on Memorial day weekend

1 Attachment(s)
This pic was taken today at Barton's Creek boat ramp on Falls Lake in Raleigh, NC. A friend sent me this so I am not sure of the story. I chose to avoid the crazies for the day....

boomshot 05-27-2012 6:02 PM

Do you have a smaller and/or less useful photo you can post?

brett564 05-27-2012 6:36 PM

uhh,,,

ferral 05-27-2012 7:00 PM

I never doubt my decision to skip holiday weekends

05-27-2012 7:23 PM

Someone forgot their drain plug

boardjnky4 05-27-2012 7:33 PM

Holy hell that's funny. It was ugly there on Saturday too lol

seangriswold 05-27-2012 8:22 PM

Yeah I made a go at it on Saturday and it was a mess....skipping the holiday weekend is the way to go...

I would like to know if this guy forgot his plug and went to park it trailer or what.... I would think if the boat was sinking and you didn't have a trailer to put it on you would at least beach it...

Can't help you out on the pic.. I didn't take it

seangriswold 05-27-2012 8:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a smaller one.... blown up its all blurry .. sucks ... I would like to have seen some better pictures of what actually happened.

downfortheride 05-27-2012 10:46 PM

Can't wait for next weekend... My wife works retail so we always take a long weekend the following weekend. New boat to be dipped in Lake Powell ASAP.

razzman 05-27-2012 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Posted on the Moomba forum, looks to be the same one.

boardjnky4 05-28-2012 6:32 AM

I'll take this time to admit my rookie-mistake of the weekend.

Wife ran over the wake line. I was in the water when she came back around and asked her to fix the trim tab. She was clueless so I was telling her how to change it and the boat was drifting in the wind. We should have pulled the rope in. When she got squared away with the trim tab she went to pull away and ran the rope over. Doh! So I had to spend about 15 minutes or so diving under the boat and untangling it blind. I've got about 3 prop cuts on my hands from it. Not fun, but I got it out without cutting it. All is well that ends well.

Regardless of how "dumb" some people are, I still feel bad about the above situation with the boat sinking. That's a really ****ty situation.

seangriswold 05-28-2012 6:36 AM

that is the same one...man that sucks..

way to go on not cutting the line! that is no easy task...

We may head out this afternoon and try to find some smooth water later in the day

shawndoggy 05-28-2012 6:45 AM

bummer. Bet they remember to put the plug in next time.

pprior 05-28-2012 8:28 AM

Ouch. There but by the grace of God go I......

Raf1985 05-28-2012 12:35 PM

It will probably buff out...........

05-28-2012 1:08 PM

That definitely blows. On a side note, we had a bass boat sink about a week ago right at the break water at our marina. Luckily they had a rope on it and tied a safety orange live vest to the other end so he could at least find it. Unfortunately I was too busy watching and didn't think to take a picture.

seangriswold 05-28-2012 7:22 PM

so the word is this person forgot to put the plug in........should have cruised around until they got the trailer backed down the ramp! my guess is they tied the boat of without realizing it.... sucks

johnboyy7 05-29-2012 8:12 AM

that sucks. so easy to get distracted and forget a small/ important step.

chattwake 05-29-2012 8:16 AM

Wow, Lon downgraded from the x80, eh?

williamburell 05-29-2012 8:49 AM

How long were they gone? I've forgotten the plug 1x out there and made it all the way to the first turn without realizing it. Still had time to get her back and loaded. I hate that I was at hyco this weekend now

dukeno1 05-30-2012 7:33 AM

no bilge pump I'm guessing? I know it couldn't keep up but you would think that water shooting out the side would have tipped them of the missing
drain plug....that sucks.
I was out Saturday (like an idiot) and was waiting to load up at the ramp. There was a guy on the ramp that was taking forever....put the boat in and then loaded
it back up....I wan't sure what the heck they were doing and was starting to get aggravated...until I realized he had forgotten his drain plug. Luckily he figured it out
and all was well. He had a wife and several kids and I know it's easy to get distracted. That could have been an unpleasant memory for everyone.

Just a question...I have yet to forget my plug (knock on wood), but for those that figured it out while in the water, could you not just jump in and screw it in and let
the bilge pump take care of it? You would obviously need the plug to be on board. I have a spare in my tool bag.

williamburell 05-30-2012 8:47 AM

Quote:

Just a question...I have yet to forget my plug (knock on wood), but for those that figured it out while in the water, could you not just jump in and screw it in and let
the bilge pump take care of it? You would obviously need the plug to be on board. I have a spare in my tool bag.
You can but I wouldn't think of doing it on my boat unless it was sink or swim situation. My plug is right inbetween the fins and I can see myself getting gnarled to hell trying to do it. I Just have a ziptie that holds mine to the throttle lever. Get in to hit the blower and its right there staring me in the face if I ever forget. Bilge will take care of alot of it in the situation. Depends on the location of your plug too. If you have a rear plug all you need to do is hammer down and it will miraculously be gone, cut the boat, pop it in, and you are good. If you have a center plug like my pos its a diff kind of situation.

pprior 05-30-2012 2:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukeno1 (Post 1755544)

Last year I forgot the plug. I had pulled trailer out and parked and came back and family was sitting happily waiting for me and I note water pouring out the side....

I jumped in with the plug and got it in, boat was pretty low in water but it would have taken me longer to go get truck and back trailer into the water.

It was stressful - My nightmare is that I would drop the plug while trying to get it in during that situation. I need to get an extra one, not sure where to order it.

williamburell 05-31-2012 7:50 AM

^any dealer, ebay, etc. Shouldn't be hard to find. Google is your friend. I'm anal about plugs since I forgot it. I keep an extra in the truck, an extra in the boat, and the 1 I use. I found mine for like 12 bucks. Figured for 25 bucks I'll never have a weekend screwed by "forgot my plug in the garage"

wakereviews 05-31-2012 8:14 AM

"I'm anal about plugs" - probably could've found a different way to express this :) j/k man.

FunkyBunch 05-31-2012 8:17 AM

^^^^^^^^^^ that is to funny Ian

williamburell 05-31-2012 8:33 AM

Quote:

"I'm anal about plugs" - probably could've found a different way to express this j/k man.
You know it crossed my mind after rereading that it might have not been the best choice of words. Glad you could pick up on my anal follies. Wait here we go again

dukeno1 06-08-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamburell (Post 1755930)
^any dealer, ebay, etc. Shouldn't be hard to find. Google is your friend. I'm anal about plugs since I forgot it. I keep an extra in the truck, an extra in the boat, and the 1 I use. I found mine for like 12 bucks. Figured for 25 bucks I'll never have a weekend screwed by "forgot my plug in the garage"

Picked up a couple of spares at home depot (talking about the rear drain plug) in the plumbing section....1/2" brass if I remember correctly.

dukeno1 06-08-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamburell (Post 1755589)
You can but I wouldn't think of doing it on my boat unless it was sink or swim situation. My plug is right inbetween the fins and I can see myself getting gnarled to hell trying to do it. I Just have a ziptie that holds mine to the throttle lever. Get in to hit the blower and its right there staring me in the face if I ever forget. Bilge will take care of alot of it in the situation. Depends on the location of your plug too. If you have a rear plug all you need to do is hammer down and it will miraculously be gone, cut the boat, pop it in, and you are good. If you have a center plug like my pos its a diff kind of situation.

Oh, ok...just assumed we were talking about rear drain plugs. What kind of boat do you have that the plug goes between the fins?

williamburell 06-08-2012 10:53 AM

^mc x9

06-08-2012 11:50 AM

i really liked the t style plug on my old 2005 x-2. i only forgot to put it in twice, but i caught it quickly. the rear plugs are just annoying to me to have to remove.

detonate69 06-08-2012 12:41 PM

I always put my plug in at home while loading the boat, this way I never forget at the ramp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

razzman 06-08-2012 1:07 PM

I can't forget ... my wife asks me at least a dozen times before we even back down the ramp!