WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   200 Million a day ? Really? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784581)

leaks 11-03-2010 2:37 PM

200 Million a day ? Really?

I'm sure there's better ways of spending our money. My gosh, 11 percent of the population is unemployed, and struggling just to keep food on our AMERICAN tables.

BARAK and MOOCHELLE OBAMA to spend $200 Million Dollars a day on Mumbai visit
November 3rd, 2010 | Author: professor1
The Obama’s will be spending a whopping $200 million dollars per day on Barack Obama’s visit to the city.
President will bring 40 airplanes. “The huge amount of around $200 million would be spent on security, stay and other aspects of the Presidential visit,” a top official of the Maharashtra Government privy to the arrangements for the high-profile visit said.

About 3,000 people including Secret Service agents, US government officials and journalists would accompany the President. Several officials from the White House and US security agencies are already here for the past one week with helicopters, a ship and high-end security instruments.

“Except for personnel providing immediate security to the President, the US officials may not be allowed to carry weapons. The state police is competent to take care of the security measures and they would be piloting the Presidential convoy,” the official said on condition of anonymity.
Navy and Air Force has been asked by the state government to intensify patrolling along the Mumbai coastline and its airspace during Obama’s stay. The city’s airspace will be closed half-an-hour before the President’s arrival for all aircraft barring those carrying the US delegation.

The personnel from SRPF, Force One, besides the NSG contingent stationed here would be roped in for the President’s security, the official said.

The area from Hotel Taj, where Obama and his wife Michelle would stay, to Shikra helipad in Colaba would be cordoned off completely during the movement of the President.

polarbill 11-03-2010 3:30 PM

Can that possibly be true?

97sunsetter 11-03-2010 4:16 PM

It has to be. You read it on the internet didn't you!

pesos 11-03-2010 5:32 PM

Cost of doing business. It isn't cheap to run Air Force One and everything that goes along with that, and it isn't any cheaper or more expensive than it would be if McCain was running around. I haven't had a chance to look into it but my buddy mentioned that part of the trip is to close a multi-billion dollar defense deal with India for fighers and carriers.

Yawn. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ef=emailfriend

polarbill 11-04-2010 8:23 AM

I think it is time to start using gotomeeting.com.

behindtheboat 11-04-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarbill (Post 1644398)
I think it is time to start using gotomeeting.com.

Good point. I don't get how this trip is helping anyone, or anything out, other than allowing all those traveling to see the area.

cwb4me 11-04-2010 11:12 AM

he is using the money to supplement his retirement in two years. he knows there won't be any jobs left when he finishes RAPEING america.:(

Laker1234 11-04-2010 12:37 PM

Probably saved us some money becasue he spends more than that while he is here.

SkySki 11-04-2010 1:55 PM

Wow, that's crazy. You actually believed that story. How about instead of just believing everything you read, you actually try and fact check it. The real story is how does a blogger in India get one over on the Tea Party?

http://factcheck.org/2010/11/ask-fac...rip-to-mumbai/

Laker1234 11-04-2010 9:43 PM

The White House is always reluctant to discuss cost figures about presidential trips, since the bulk of the expense is for Secret Service security. Not this time. The White House press office, which said it had been flooded with queries, gave us the following statement:

Matt Lehrich, White House Office of Media Affairs: The numbers reported in this article have no basis in reality. Due to security concerns, we are unable to outline details associated with security procedures and costs, but it’s safe to say these numbers are wildly inflated.

Yep. clears the cost of the trip right up.

magicr 11-04-2010 10:40 PM

If all right wing talk show hosts, and crazy eyes Michelle Bachmann says it's true, it must be true. :rolleyes:

wake77 11-05-2010 3:12 AM

Zero credible sources to this story, but this is America, whatever Fox News or Limbaugh reports, must be true.

csaidler 11-05-2010 6:46 AM

yep I always believe waht I read on the internet, and hear from liberal and conservative biased media.:D

bruizza 11-05-2010 9:21 AM

So freaking comical that people actually believe the trip is costing $200 million a day.

The nonpartisan FactCheck.org took up the issue, too, saying that even though the administration won't release a price tag, there is "simply no evidence to support" a claim of $200 million a day. One reason to doubt the report, according to the group: The entire war in Afghanistan costs $190 million a day.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...-trip-to-india

john211 11-05-2010 10:15 AM

Whew, glad that dollar amount was badly wrong. But then again, this bargain just gets better:--

“ ... come to think of it, that's much less than Obama's been spending here," wrote Mike Huckabee, “so maybe it's not a bad thing he's leaving."

Yeah, maybe he should stay til Inauguration Day 2013, when he’s got turn over AF-1.

pesos 11-05-2010 10:29 AM

Maybe Mike Huckabee, who still purports to be an ordained Christian minister, should set a better example wrt bearing false witness...

john211 11-05-2010 3:42 PM

An apologist’s comment made before enlightenment over the jacked 200 million dollar-a-day figure.

“Cost of doing business. It isn't cheap to run Air Force One and everything that goes along with that ...”

Taken hook, line and sinker.

Flounder anybody?

grant_west 11-05-2010 5:37 PM

LET He who has NEVER sent or Posted a correct email cast the First Stone!!! LOL.

Man why don't the Prez get on TWITTER or FACEBOOK Bandwagon. So he can tell us all what it cost's to get out of town for 10 Day's. But serious, I thought when he got elected he was saying words like "TRANSPARENT". Dosen't seem to Transparent to me. Obama please keep it up cant wait to show your ass the door 2013