WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   riding/landing Blind (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633932)

richy_m 10-08-2008 6:45 PM

hey after seeing people being able to ride and land blind so well and with ease iam curious and eager to learn... im sure there are people on here can do this nicely!! what steps or triks did u learn to be able to have a solid blind landing and riding position?

adamsilcio 01-11-2010 9:06 PM

i need to learn this as well. i just recovered from a broken foot so i am just getting back into riding and figured i would learn some good fundamentals that i have put off for a while (i.e. riding blind). <BR> <BR>when i try to ride blind, i can't manage to keep the handle behind my back without it pulling me around to regular. basically i want to know every single detail... where should my head be, my hips, my shoulders, should my knees be bent, should my weight be on my toes more? any tips would be helpful.

duncanwake 02-21-2010 9:13 PM

Riding and landing blind is definitely one of the coolest feelings. I learned by just riding behind a jetski for a whole powell trip and first started with backside one 180's with the handle pass then progressed towards landing wrapped/blind. <BR>Start by doing an ollie back 180 on your heelside in the flats. pass the handle a few times just to get the feel. then start doing the ollie back 180 but don't pass it until you feel like you are about to get pulled over your heels. The key to not getting pulled position and repetition. When in the air, pull the handle into the small of your back so you your knuckles are basically digging in there. Your upper body should be leaning directly away from base of the line. Look back anywhere, some say the shore, but i just look about 10 feet back at the water. In order to be able to ride blind and be comfortable, it takes time. Keep doing ollie 180's and not passing it until the last second when your about to fall. With about a weekend of sets just practicing this you'll be able to progress to in out 180's and then wake to wake.

adamsilcio 03-08-2010 7:15 AM

i finally learned how to ride blind... what did it for me was not only putting weight on my toes, but setting my hips forward which is what actually makes the difference distributing my weight. instead of putting weight on my toes and bending my hips (or leaning over), i learned to look away from the boat, stand tall, and bring my hips FORWARD. kinda like hip thrusting. that is what corrected my posture. if you bend your hips or lean over your toes, the rope will want to pull you back around.

i think landing is a different story, i have yet to land a wake2wake backside 180. however, just riding blind.. push your hips forward and be sure to look away from the boat

rourker 03-16-2010 6:48 PM

Great tips here guys. I've been having the same challenges in getting pulled around. The hips might be my issue. I've been working the surface BS 180 in the flat and have taking some backslaps as a result. Basically a good way to make sure that you're abs are stretched out (if not pulled).

I've been focusing putting weight on my toes and looking away at the shore, but now that it's been mentioned, I'm certain that I'm bending at the waist and not standing tall through the hips to counteract the pull. Can't wait to get out and try it when the ice goes out! Feel free to post some other pointers!

Thanks.