WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Chattwake's 2012 Axis A22 Vandall Edition (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793134)

logan 05-06-2012 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
haha

beretta5spd 05-06-2012 1:04 PM

/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\/\//\ that's funny

ixfe 05-06-2012 4:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1749758)
I've seen other all white boats(axis) on this site,how specifically does this one qualify as ugliest? Also what is your suggestion to make it classy but retain the white theme? Thanks for your thoughtful insight .

Robert coming to Chatt's rescue...???

Of all the things I never thought I'd see on WW, this is at the top of the list!

Now if Chatt would only respond in kind, we might witness a peace the likes of which this forum has never seen before!!

Bizarro World... anyone??

http://www.theeggdesigngroup.com/sto...=1304172557922

cwb4me 05-06-2012 5:53 PM

Were just on the same page and believe it or not we do agree on some things. Actually were brothers from different mothers! LOL:D

ryanw209 05-06-2012 6:25 PM

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...8/95c29959.jpg

TJ- That is the sickest version of an all white boat I've ever seen. Not the boat specifically, but the touch of light gray looks sweet on the all white boat.

Chatt- Love the all white axis also. I'm always a fan of all your boats!

chattwake 05-06-2012 6:35 PM

Hey, whites not for everyone, and people have different tastes. It's all good!

I'll post up some pics tomorrow of the z5 mounted up. My 3 year old "helped" me put it on Saturday night. Today, I dewinterized the boat (never understood why they all come winterized from the factory-even in summer), mounted up all the amps, mounted all of the interior speakers, ran power and ground to all of the amps, painted my mirror mount white to match the tower, and installed the batteries. I ran out of steam about 4 o'clock and we hit the lake to get some break in hours on the motor.

All I can say about the ls3 is wow! It idles sooooo smooth and has noticeably more punch than the raptor 400. It sounds really mean and has great throttle response. I can't wait to load the boat up!

This week, I'll install the front pnp bag and 1100's in the rear hatches, finish wiring the amps, mount and connect the ws420, install the tower mirror, and (when the come in) mount up the rev410s.

I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

I love the new rear seat back layout and rear speaker location, and the new side panel/side speaker design is better. The swim platform material is softer, and, hopefully, won't get as hot as last years

I didn't think I'd notice much of a difference between last years boat and this years, but, so far, I'm thrilled with the functional and aesthetic improvements that have been made. Unfortunately, I don't have any on water pics yet, but they're coming. What I really want to do, to give everyone some insight into what the boat is capable of, is to load the boat up with 4k in water weight + the wedge, and take a video of how well this boat gets out of the hole and what the wake looks like at 23mph. I think posting that up will help show why Im so stoked on this boat!

More to come as things progress!

chattwake 05-06-2012 6:46 PM

Haha Robert and I just poke fun each other and don't take things too seriously!

And, yes, it is bittersweet to sell my boat every year after putting so much hard work into it, but it's a labor of love.

chattwake 05-06-2012 6:49 PM

Logan - FYI, I almost choked on my meatball sub when I saw that dos equis pic.

nautiquesonly 05-06-2012 7:04 PM

chatt,
U will love that motor. My buddy has it in his A22 he got late last season and it is awesome. I drove the boat last year with 4400 lbs of ballast plus five guys in the boat. With rider in tow it got on plane and locked on speed it 10 seconds. It is awesome. We ran the same weight setup in my other buddies a22 yesterday. He has the standard motor 335hp I think and a power prop. We had to move someone extra up front every time we took off. He wishes he had opted for the lr3 after experiencing it.

tnvolgrad 05-06-2012 8:37 PM

Sweet - my buddy bought a 2011 Vandal Edition and I have been pretty impressed with the all around wakeboard/surf performance. I am also partial to white/black - :)

Can't wait to see it all put together! And for all the haters of black and white - suck it !

ixfe 05-06-2012 9:38 PM

I first experienced WW's love/hate relationship with white when I was new to the forum, having bought my first boat... all white down to the tower. People said horrible things to me and about that boat (even the dreaded "B******r" slur). Ultimately after two seasons I grew tired of the all white... it just become boring to me and I craved some flair (just not 14 pieces).

For me the trick with white is to accent it with lots of black trim... it really pops off the white. It's sort of like white cars. They look sooooo good with black wheels and DARK tint (at least 20%). In Chatt's case, I think he's nailed it by leaving on the black graphics. They tie into the theme nicely and the contrast is stunning. When he tints the glass it will really complete the look.

As for that RZ2, it would look better with black graphics too, instead of gray. What's the point of the black wheels with nothing else to tie them in?? And who posts Tige pics in an Axis thread anyway?? If I didn't know better, I say it was.... nevermind. But it is pretty bush for somebody to trash Chatt's boat in his own thread. Some folks really have no shame. It's not like this is a thread where he's soliciting opinions. We're celebrating his new sled!! Sheesh...

One more thing... with the LS3, that boat must be a real hot rod.

cwb4me 05-07-2012 3:36 AM

At least the heats off me for once. LOL

chattwake 05-07-2012 5:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
:)

logan 05-07-2012 9:46 AM

You definitely have the baddest boat on wakeworld bring it to northern California !

matt75 05-07-2012 9:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houstonshark (Post 1749791)
I'm guessing that was meant for 9645glazier...careful who you point your arrows at Matt! I've seen people's drain plugs get stolen and trailer hitch's released while they are out in the water for the careless use of arrows.

JK. How did those XS650's work out?

Haha- yea, meant for 9645glazier. XS650's sound great! Much better mids than the polks. Hopefully I'll see you out- I want to hear your system!

Houstonshark 05-07-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan (Post 1749985)
You definitely have the baddest boat on wakeworld bring it to northern California !

Come on Logan...that's a bit of a stretch. Chatt's boat is nice and all especially with the extra $500-$600 he spent on the motor and white tower but have you seen some of the boats on here??

The list of nicer boats than Chatt's is long and distinguished, like my...tow rope:

1. Lon's X80
2. Robert's Blue & White Tige
3. The new 22' stretched to 24' MB
4. All MB's for that matter
5. The Fakesetter

I'm sure there are many more. Ghost out the graphics including skeletor's pimp hand and install the wooden steering wheel and I'd consider it.

chattwake 05-07-2012 11:06 AM

I'll try to get said wooden steering wheel on tonight. We'll see what we can do about the graphics :D

logan 05-07-2012 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
to each his own but i'm nut hugging chatts new whip. Never cared much for tige or mb.Every body has their own opinion but mine is that this boat with the motor, stereo and overall look is the best looking boat on here.

migs 05-07-2012 11:32 AM

Chatt - i would take off the decals up front right @ the bow tips.

Houstonshark 05-07-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan (Post 1750026)
to each his own but i'm nut hugging chatts new whip. Never cared much for tige or mb.Every body has their own opinion but mine is that this boat with the motor, stereo and overall look is the best looking boat on here.

Alright, all is forgiven with that image. I say that as a community, we make an effort to paste that image into every thread asking for input or opinions on boats!

jperkinsttu 05-07-2012 11:41 AM

I'm just gonna start posting pics of my white boat so everyone knows that "all white is all right" haha jk. I had to take my stickers off bc they were dated and wanted to change the look. White rubrails do make a difference IMO. And what I'd give to have that trailer, damn that thing is sweet.

simplej 05-07-2012 11:58 AM

Chatt I dig the new ride, a lot, props to you. We came within a stroke of owning a new axis and I have always admired the company. Props to you. I like the all white with subtle black graphics, though I may not have picked the same scheme I don't get a new boat every year to play around with. I'm happy you can hake off the hate on this forum and just do what you do. Props to you chat.

sippi 05-07-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houstonshark (Post 1750009)
Come on Logan...that's a bit of a stretch. Chatt's boat is nice and all especially with the extra $500-$600 he spent on the motor and white tower but have you seen some of the boats on here??

The list of nicer boats than Chatt's is long and distinguished, like my...tow rope:

1. Lon's X80
5. The Fakesetter

I'm sure there are many more. Ghost out the graphics including skeletor's pimp hand and install the wooden steering wheel and I'd consider it.

Dude, you are forgetting about one very important boat!!!!!

THE BARBED WIRE XSTAR!!!!!!

chattwake 05-07-2012 12:07 PM

Ok, I'll bite. What's the Barbed Wire Xstar? Perhaps you can just paste a link to the thread?

sippi 05-07-2012 12:19 PM

Oh come on chatt you don't remember that kid on here yearssss ago that had the "barbed wire" xstar... let me see if i can find it.

Houstonshark 05-07-2012 12:21 PM

Chatt, you need to get rid of that block of wood in front of your tire and get one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s02_i00

You'll have to paint it white to match though! I got one and love it. It works really well.

tn_rider 05-07-2012 12:21 PM

Was. The blue x star??

sippi 05-07-2012 12:31 PM

man i can't find it, does anybody not know of a link with that Ryan kid's barb wire xstar?

sippi 05-07-2012 12:33 PM

this is his profile, apparently he's still on here... there's a pic of it on there.

http://www.wakeworld.com/x_star05/

here ya go from google haha...

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=36559

i can't believe you don't remember that! he took more crap on this website than anyone i can remember

chattwake 05-07-2012 1:13 PM

Hahahahaha I remember that boat now. Damn, that was like 8 years ago!

logan 05-07-2012 1:16 PM

if you honestly think that boat looks better than chatt's then i completely understand why you wouldn't love chatt's boat. that is hands down the ugliest abomination of a wakeboat i have ever seen in my life. that is the kind of boat that Johnny Tough Guy buys with his trust fund puts an insane stereo in it only to tie up at the back of the lake. He owns a Hype nova board pulls it with an insanely tall power stroke and does not do toe side wake jumps. He has a HUGE tribal wrap around his arm, and loves to take the boat out 3 or 4 times a year (memorial day, 4th of july, labor day and presidents day) but only after he gets done mashing at the gym.

Chatt's boat wins by 1000 points.

sippi 05-07-2012 1:20 PM

Logan.... i know....it was a joke....man when is somebody gonna come up with "sarcasm font"!!!!

logan 05-07-2012 1:35 PM

hahaha

Houstonshark 05-07-2012 3:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sippi (Post 1750072)
Logan.... i know....it was a joke....man when is somebody gonna come up with "sarcasm font"!!!!

Ha! I'll get my wife on it...she seems to be able to pick up on my mood or tone just from text messages!

***This message was written in sarcasm font as my wife is not a mind reader, text or email tone reader or a facial expression reader, although she continues to practice it.

cwb4me 05-07-2012 5:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houstonshark (Post 1750009)

1. Lon's X80
5. The Fakesetter

LOL :D T.J. your the one who posted a Tige on this thread and have posted your Tige in numerous other threads.;) Looks like i'm passing the torch.:D Good luck my friend!:eek:

simplej 05-07-2012 5:54 PM

your tige will go down in infamy robert, not that i have any problem with looking at it's handsome face ;) maybe you were inspiration for chat's white tower...

johnny_defacto 05-07-2012 9:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
"maybe you were inspiration for chat's white tower..."

this.

I think Chat's love/hate relationship on this forum with robert has poisoned his brain with that image of roberts tige, and now chat's boat choice for 2012 is evidence of this.

exibit A: Roberts RZ2 ( you are welcome, Robert, for getting your Tige on Chatt's Axis thread for you :D )

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attac...1&d=1336450363

Exibit B: Chatts A22

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attac...1&d=1336450363

22' v-drive, sharp, edgy lines with tri-fork pickle type front end
white boat with black or blue accents
cool looking 2 point tower
white tower
white wetsounds on tower, wet sounds amps, and wet sounds in boats and sub(s)
boat accent color matched bimini top
boat matching custom trailer with black wheels and matching spare
boat matching tow truck
rampy wake type
great surf wave (yes robert, tiges are reportedly better for surfing)

I am sure there is more, but that is my case and I think it is rock solid :D

tyler97217 05-07-2012 9:40 PM

Holy cow!!!! RyanXstar came into this threat. You know you are old if you remember that. I keep saying we need a "greatest hits" of WW in its own thread and let people dig through the archives for data.... Some folks are good at that and I love seeing it.....

Props Chatt. Still digging the boat even if everyone else is going off course.... Carry on!

sippi 05-08-2012 6:17 AM

Hey now i'm not that old....greatest hit of ww needs to be done asap. i coudln't find the thread with his boat in it, i just searched on google and found that.

Chatt... i wanna see a pic of that thing in the water, when you have it slammed !!! gonna be so sweet!

LKASurfing 05-08-2012 6:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Check out Lake Country Marine's 233 Enzo all white!, even a white rub rail!

simplej 05-08-2012 6:41 AM

Hahahahahaha Johnny.... I was kidding but now that you mention it...I see some serious similarities

simplej 05-08-2012 6:42 AM

And why does this centurion apply...

chattwake 05-08-2012 6:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Since we are posting random stuff in this thread now, Here's what I had for dinner last night: Filet (seared on a cast iron skillet (heated to 500 degrees) for two minutes per side, then allowed to sit for 4 minutes on the counter, then placed in the oven at 425 for about 6-7 minutes with a pad of butter on the top, then wrapped in foil and allowed to sit for another few minutes on the counter), roast veggies, and garlic bread.

Back on topic. I hope to install all of the ballast bags tonight. The guys at Axis did me a favor and upgraded all of my fill and dump lines to full 1 inch hoses, so I should be able to add weight much quicker this year. I'll post up some pics.

simplej 05-08-2012 6:44 AM

I'll pass on the pics of your one inch hose please and thanks. But more pictures of the boat would be acceptable.

chattwake 05-08-2012 6:46 AM

^^^^^^ hahahahaha touche' simplej, touche'

sippi 05-08-2012 6:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1750239)
I'll pass on the pics of your one inch hose please and thanks. But more pictures of the boat would be acceptable.

niiiiiice!!! hahah. that steak is a little too rare for me. i like mine burnt on the outside and med/med rare on the inside. but i do like the pure randomness of your post!!

that's awesome they upgraded your "hose" for you...and pumps. so all you have to do is add bags? are the connectors on there too and whatnot?

hunter660 05-08-2012 7:18 AM

So you let it rest before putting it in the oven? Interesting.

Houstonshark 05-08-2012 7:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1750237)
And why does this centurion apply...

Just to prove that 'white is alright', kinda like this van I just scooped up off of Craigslist:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...8/181d211b.jpg

It looks to have the same Bimini as that Centurion; just missing the material.

chattwake 05-08-2012 7:41 AM

Jon - I'd never done that before, but I got a tip from a grilling thread on wbdr.com. It really made a big difference.

chattwake 05-08-2012 7:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
@TJ - May I suggest one slight modification, which would bring the whole package together for you (just a small pink accent):

Houstonshark 05-08-2012 7:50 AM

Much better, I thought something was missing besides the Centurion themed bimini, roof rack canvas. Is that not the worst bimini you've seen? Please tell me that was a aftermarket or homemade job.

logan 05-08-2012 9:17 AM

you are going to need bars for the windows of that thing, and a serious mustache.

sippi 05-08-2012 9:27 AM

and a tag that says "molestr"

cwb4me 05-08-2012 5:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1750238)
Since we are posting random stuff in this thread now, Here's what I had for dinner last night: Filet (seared on a cast iron skillet (heated to 500 degrees) for two minutes per side, then allowed to sit for 4 minutes on the counter, then placed in the oven at 425 for about 6-7 minutes with a pad of butter on the top, then wrapped in foil and allowed to sit for another few minutes on the counter), roast veggies, and garlic bread.

Back on topic. I hope to install all of the ballast bags tonight. The guys at Axis did me a favor and upgraded all of my fill and dump lines to full 1 inch hoses, so I should be able to add weight much quicker this year. I'll post up some pics.

Chatt i know this is way off topic but i have the same Santa Cecilia countertops in my kitchen.You'll be relieved to know that's where the similarity ends though.I don't drink wine and i don't care for steak.But you already knew i was a simple man with simple tastes.LOL:D

johnny_defacto 05-08-2012 6:22 PM

lol... You two only fight because you are soooo similar :D j/k

but on a serious note:

4 letters in Axis, 4 letters in Tige, 3 digits in both model names = A22 and RZ2, both model names last digit denotes what size the boat is...
okay, now I am done. sorry.

mastercraf 05-08-2012 6:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1750238)

Iron chef ChatWake?

bmock50 05-08-2012 6:59 PM

I'd watch his tv show

Preston 05-08-2012 7:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back to your boat Chatt, I think white boats look sick so I obviously like yours.

I think it would be sweet if you had the lower part of the tower black while the top was white. I think it would tie it into the windshield better, too.

Example:

loudontn 05-08-2012 7:23 PM

Shame we can't find the original Ryan X-Star thread. That was an all-time great.

mark197 05-09-2012 6:48 AM

Preston that great, I think that combination and the board racks black would really set it off.

rickB52 05-09-2012 8:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sippi (Post 1750053)
this is his profile, apparently he's still on here... there's a pic of it on there.

http://www.wakeworld.com/x_star05/

here ya go from google haha...

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=36559

i can't believe you don't remember that! he took more crap on this website than anyone i can remember

this the one you looking for?

Nice limited edition "barbed wire" x-star at Buckeye Marine when I went to pick up my boat from storage.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...MzUxLmpwZw.jpg

sippi 05-09-2012 8:23 PM

Yea thats the boat but we are looking for his original thread on here where he was basically ripped a new one haha

markj 05-09-2012 10:52 PM

I remember that. It was brutal. Poor guy probably needed counseling after that. I'm sure he's much wiser now... Hopefully.

muurph84 05-10-2012 7:59 AM

wake worlds greatest!

What about the Lon thread? that was my all time favorite. they should have a link with the all time greatest WW threads. ( I think it would be great to have all new WW members read the threads before they were allowed to post) I know when I joined it took some time to read all of the referenced threads to know what everyone was talking about :D.

FYI I laughed out loud at the free candy van photo above; and the pic of Roberts boat always reminds me of the cow bell photo. and I can't help but laugh.when I see it.

ok their is my random post for the thread to keep it going.

sippi 05-10-2012 8:35 AM

Chatt have you gotten this thing in the water yet?

Houstonshark 05-14-2012 8:04 AM

What prop are you running Chatt? My boat came with the Acme 537 and it's a bit of a dog out of the hole with a lot of weight. I'm considering the OJ Cinco. Have you ran it before?

chattwake 05-14-2012 8:19 AM

I've got the 1274 power prop. From what I've been told, it works best with the ls3. I would go with the cinco if I had the 335.

I've been slammed at work, and I'm still waiting to get my wetsounds rev410's in, so I'll post up more pics when I'm done with the install.

chattwake 05-14-2012 11:20 AM

Haha the actual numbers of the prop I'm running is the acme 1235. I don't know where I got 1274 from.

Fiveflat 05-14-2012 12:38 PM

The FREE CANDY graphics on that van should be ghosted grey or black...

humboldt9 05-14-2012 2:36 PM

Ryans XSTAR and the "Level 10 Gymnast" are the two greatest threads in WW History, no offense to LON, of course... You have to go back a while on WW to remember those two gems.

Fiveflat 05-15-2012 7:54 AM

Is that Z5 a permanent bimini that can't fold up?

sippi 05-15-2012 8:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humboldt9 (Post 1751805)
Ryans XSTAR and the "Level 10 Gymnast" are the two greatest threads in WW History, no offense to LON, of course... You have to go back a while on WW to remember those two gems.

bahaha i forgot about that one! good one! we need to start a thread about the "best" threads ever on WW and pin it to the top of each category!

chattwake 05-15-2012 8:21 AM

Sheldon. it can be removed by 4 push pins, and can fold down with the tower when you want to put the boat in the garage.

slipknot 05-15-2012 8:47 AM

Are you headed to Party Cove for the Holiday weekend? I will tell my buddies from the Vol Navy stop by for some brews.

chattwake 05-15-2012 10:19 AM

We will be on Watts Bar over Memorial Day. Probably spend some time at Sand Island.

UNvisible 05-15-2012 11:01 AM

http://i.imgur.com/tKsVo.gif

chattwake 05-15-2012 12:14 PM

^^^^ OMG I can't watch that!

UNvisible 05-15-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1751978)
^^^^ OMG I can't watch that!

moral of the thread: dont put your balls in a turtles mouth

sippi 05-15-2012 12:37 PM

I can't watch that either...that hurts badddddd just to see it!!

Houstonshark 05-16-2012 8:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiveflat (Post 1751771)
The FREE CANDY graphics on that van should be ghosted grey or black...

Yeah I agree. Ghosted or black would look better especially with the dark window tint. I'd just be afraid it would hurt the resale value. The pink would be more appealing for the future owner. It would be my luck that an Axis owner would make an offer to buy it with the stipulation that the pink graphics go back on. It happened to Chatt.