WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   My 2010 LF Watson Binding looks different from their website!? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779583)

etang789 05-17-2010 9:08 AM

My 2010 LF Watson Binding looks different from their website!?

1 Attachment(s)
My 2010 LF Watson Binding looks different from their website!?

The different part is that I still have the magnetic lace holder instead of the new improved lace clip to hold it? Why is this?

From LF website:
http://liquidforce.com/images/bindin...ngs-watson.jpg

hawkeye7708 05-17-2010 9:25 AM

Well ain't that something..... I actually was digging the magneto's. You could call them and get the little clips easy enough. That is interesting though! Could be a 1-off!

etang789 05-17-2010 9:40 AM

The thing is its not only mine the whole LF store here in HK have the same thing. 2010 Watson and Shane in all sizes have this magnetic pockets... the rest of the lines are fine thou....

I hate this magnetic thing, the laces falls out after a big landing....other than that these bindings are such a big improvement over my 2008 Shane CT

wakerider111 05-18-2010 1:10 AM

temporarily you could try looping the excess through the gorilla grip in the back or you could put the ends inside the boot between the liner and the shell

georgi 05-18-2010 7:16 AM

I got lace clips on my old Alphas. Not a big deal. Magnetos look cooler IMHO. And you can always go buy some clips in an zipper/button store... Or make some custom velcro lace clips, that would be nice - remove the magnet and put a velcro patch over, then stitch the other half as a circle/sqare to the lace ends. You can even buy pink or electric velcro and put a custom logo over the external side... ;)

tailgate 05-18-2010 7:48 AM

my 10 watsons have the magnetic lace holder thing, maybe they did updates mid year...

dakid 05-18-2010 9:11 AM

why are you asking wakeworld and not liquid force?

tailgate 05-18-2010 11:38 AM

Joe's right, we should just close the forums down...

dakid 05-18-2010 7:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailgate (Post 1586630)
Joe's right, we should just close the forums down...

pretty dramatic of your there. me suggesting they ask liquid force, the maker of the bindings in question, is the same as suggesting shutting down the forums, right? :rolleyes:

beleza 05-18-2010 11:43 PM

Joe no offense man, but you seem to be a huge downer on every thread you are a part of. I haven't seen a positive or helpful post from you for a long time. I know you've been around for a while or whatever, but stop acting like everyone that asks a question on here is an idiot. It's getting old.

dakid 05-18-2010 11:55 PM

no offense, but tell people to stop posting stupid shiat! (my post is cool as long as i preface it w/ "no offense" right?)

ok, settle down. i'm just messin'. but does it make any sense to post it in here instead of contacting the manufacturer directly?

beleza 05-19-2010 12:28 AM

Honestly, kind of. People on these threads know a lot. Maybe liquid force came out with the new laces mid season, or maybe a lot of other people have run into this and know how to take care of it. Sometimes it's better dealing with consumers and not getting fed a bunch of BS from manufacturers. Whenever I'm having an issue with my boat or equipment you think it will be quicker for me to send an email to Correct Craft hoping they will send me an email right back and walk me through whatever problem I having? Doubt it. Most of the time I run my questions or concerns through wakeworld cuz it's a great place to get straight information. If no one can help me, no problem I will contact the manufacturer. 99% of the time the people on here offer good advice and answer whatever question comes up about... whatever really.

scott_a 05-19-2010 12:33 AM

In Joe's defense, this is kind of a ridiculous question. If you really don't like the magneto whatevers then head into your local shop and see if they can order you some of the clips. They're not hard to swap out. Or just be a problem solver and figure out a way to wrap them up inside of the lacing of the boot so that they don't flail around. This really isn't rocket science.

tailgate 05-19-2010 8:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakid (Post 1586861)
pretty dramatic of your there. me suggesting they ask liquid force, the maker of the bindings in question, is the same as suggesting shutting down the forums, right? :rolleyes:

It's sarcasm to your attitude on the post..., I agree with Bryce, there is a ton of info on the forums... If I was in the market for 2010 watsons and came across this thread, and saw that there might be 2 runs of the boots out there, it might be swayed to get the one I prefer the most... If he never posted, I would not have known they changed up the lace system, Now I know I have an option, and if I wanted clips I can go to LF and get them...

etang789 05-19-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakid (Post 1586554)
why are you asking wakeworld and not liquid force?

I have contacted the local LF dealer, contacted LF myself, and I have posted here to see if other forum members have experienced this? As simple as that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by beleza (Post 1586963)
Honestly, kind of. People on these threads know a lot. Maybe liquid force came out with the new laces mid season, or maybe a lot of other people have run into this and know how to take care of it. Sometimes it's better dealing with consumers and not getting fed a bunch of BS from manufacturers. Whenever I'm having an issue with my boat or equipment you think it will be quicker for me to send an email to Correct Craft hoping they will send me an email right back and walk me through whatever problem I having? Doubt it. Most of the time I run my questions or concerns through wakeworld cuz it's a great place to get straight information. If no one can help me, no problem I will contact the manufacturer. 99% of the time the people on here offer good advice and answer whatever question comes up about... whatever really.

^ Exactly, thanks...

05-19-2010 4:00 PM

Quote:

joe no offense man, but you seem to be a huge downer on every thread you are a part of. I haven't seen a positive or helpful post from you for a long time. I know you've been around for a while or whatever, but stop acting like everyone that asks a question on here is an idiot. It's getting old.
agreed!!!!!

luke_j 05-21-2010 12:52 PM

They all have magneto's, the pics on LF's site are pre-production. A lot of products are like that, an early sample version is produced for surf expo, and those are the first anyone sees of them. And yes, you could go get the teacup lace ends from a shop and just tie them on and forget about the magneto's.

etang789 05-24-2010 9:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke_j (Post 1588036)
They all have magneto's, the pics on LF's site are pre-production. A lot of products are like that, an early sample version is produced for surf expo, and those are the first anyone sees of them. And yes, you could go get the teacup lace ends from a shop and just tie them on and forget about the magneto's.

hmmm thats interesting to know! At least I didnt get a fake or something :p

andy_nintzel 05-24-2010 5:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakid (Post 1586954)
no offense, but tell people to stop posting stupid shiat! (my post is cool as long as i preface it w/ "no offense" right?)

ok, settle down. i'm just messin'. but does it make any sense to post it in here instead of contacting the manufacturer directly?

I am a member of Team Umali!!

Joe is that Shiat, lay off him, he knows his stuff! He had a great point!