WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Marek Nova (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798793)

ALWakePEACE 06-25-2013 10:52 AM

Marek Nova

I have been riding a slingshot shredtown and recoil the past 2 years and different LF boards prior to that and was wondering if anyone has ridden the 2013 Marek Nova? Wondering if you liked it and if you could compare it to something what it would be. I don't know anything about it and unfortunately, where I ride, you can't demo boards first so I just went ahead and got it. Hoping I made a good decision.... TIA

superair502 06-25-2013 11:20 AM

Been riding it since the re shape last year. Won't ride anything like a slingshot complete opposite in fact. The board is super stiff and snappy very fast and surprisingly forgiving. It is a little fast for some people but really isn't bad at anything.

Dman726749 06-25-2013 11:49 AM

rode it last week at the hyperlite demo.....super fast and VERY locked in...lots of pop

CRS_mi 06-25-2013 12:09 PM

I have also been debating on buying this board and would like to hear about it. Everyone says very locked in which I don't know if I'll like. Does it bust loose easily while neutral at least? Or has anyone tried throwing some smaller fins on it? Is Nova core worth it or should I just go with bio?

Dman726749 06-25-2013 5:23 PM

I was able to surface 180 with ease, so it can be broke loose. It got on edge really quick and accelerated towards the wake much faster than I was used to. Fun board all around

CRS_mi 06-25-2013 7:22 PM

Well, I just ordered mine. I found a 2012 nova new for under $350 and couldn't pass it up. We will see.

superair502 06-26-2013 6:43 AM

I would disagree where you say VERY locked in. When neutral I found it maybe more locked than average but not excessively so. It definitely locks in on edge. One thing I did notice however is it releases pretty late. I rode a William at a ronix demo day and was able to initiate my spins right off the wake. Hold your edge all the way through the wake on the marek every time or you will be off axis quickly

CRS_mi 07-06-2013 4:10 AM

Got to ride mine for the first time a couple days ago. You are right about it not being really locked in. It's definitely fast and can hold an edge like crazy but when neutral is still loose feeling even with the 1.0 fins that come stock. I might order a set of 0.8 p wings to try too but not sure if I want to spend $80 on fins yet. I did notice that you really have to be patient on the release for spins but once you get used to that it's not a problem because the pop is very good and the board feels extremely light under foot. I'm loving this board.

burn229 07-15-2013 8:08 AM

The Marek is the best board I've had. Pull the trigger you won't be disappointed. I'm on the bio but the only difference from the Nova is the weight. The shape is the same.

supersonicmi 07-15-2013 9:59 AM

I just got the Nova Bio. Board is great, super fast and pops well, would definitely recommend. Depending on what you ride now, it could be much different feeling...for me. coming from a Slingshot Recoil, it feels much more locked in! It does break loose fine, just takes a little getting used to... overall great board!.

Greeko 07-16-2013 8:46 AM

I got the Marek Nova Bio as well, I am super impressed with how agile and forgiving it is. The pop is huge! I was able to get all my rotations completed very easily....minus the landing of course...but that;s me not the board... lol