WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through August 20, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187030)
-   -   LF Transit binding base plate problem - Help (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185109)

redraidertt 08-12-2004 7:56 PM

just bought a pair of XL Transit bindings and have a couple of questions: <BR> <BR>1. Do the liquid Cam bolts come with the bindings? <BR> <BR>2. I tried assembling the ring and disc to the boots but have run into a clearance issue. <BR> <BR> - The ring overlaps the front piece of foam on the boots ( approximately 1/4") and will not sit flush. <BR> <BR> - You can force the ring into the foam and bend the toe piece up but then you are not able to adjust the ring <BR> <BR>I have the same problem on both the left and right foot bindings. I know that the disc will only bolt on in one direction to the bottom of the boots. <BR> <BR>Am I missing something? Can anyone help??

wakeboarder408 08-12-2004 10:17 PM

Greeaatt, this is not good for me to hear things like this cuz im getting my new LF Transits tomorrow in the mail. Maybe i should of stuck with my 03' Parks.

howie 08-12-2004 10:31 PM

we will fix it at work mark no worries MAN I is all good WHAT THE HELL MAN IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

magellan 08-12-2004 10:39 PM

What problems arose with the metal baseplates used for years....?? <BR>Oh yeah, none.

jeffer 08-13-2004 7:12 AM

I also just purchased some XL transits, which says for they're for 11 and up. I wear a 12, and was surprised to find them especially loose around the toes. It doesn't really seem to matter how hard I tighten up the lace, I just can't get them to feel tight becase of how stiff the outer boot material is. I know bindings typically stretch out and get looser, but my question is, with the Transit boot material, is it possible that it will actually get more flexible as I use it which would allow me to cinch the laces tighter? Or will they only get looser? I don't want to ride them if they're only going to get worse. <BR> <BR>David, yes the liquid cam bolts are supposed to come with the bindings.

redraidertt 08-13-2004 9:17 AM

Well, the store where I bought them from is taking care of the problem. Plus LF contacted me and offered there support. It is nice when the customer is treated so well when a problem arises. <BR> <BR>Jeff, If anything the binding will probably get looser over time. <BR> <BR>

tutman 08-13-2004 10:36 AM

Always good to hear about good customer service. Like Jeff, I got the XL ones (also size 12) and they were way to big. I recommend getting the size L. They are much better. I swear these things are the softest things I've ever had on my feet. I would compare it to going from no shoes to shoes on a wakeskate. At first you don't feel anything, but then you get used to it. Landings are butter. It's just a bummer I can't ride them for a few months again.

wakeboarder408 08-13-2004 11:09 PM

David, I received my LF Transits today and i rode them and everything is fine with mine and they do come with the cam locks and extra washers. It sounds to me like your bindings might be a defect. I think they made the gray foam soles a little too big causing it to sit on top of the ring. I think you can either trim off the excess foam yourself or have it replace or something. Good luck!

ttuclint 08-13-2004 11:35 PM

I think it all depends on how your foot is shaped, I wear a 10.5 and had to get XL's in the alpha version.

detonate69 08-14-2004 11:55 AM

I think LF's sizing is all screwed up. I have large transits and they say they fit 9-11. I have a 10 and have to tighten them all the way down. Theres no way a size 9 could get a tight fit in these things.

ttuclint 08-17-2004 7:05 PM

just got me some in the mail today, same problem. what did they do to fix the problem david ?

colorider 08-17-2004 8:05 PM

as far as the sizing goes, I used to ride HL bindings and always used a size med or standard. I needed a large in the LF alpha. The med alpha was way too narrow for my feet, and I don't have wide feet. The larges fit like a glove

ttuclint 08-17-2004 9:33 PM

yeah - alphas are a different beast from the transits. <BR> <BR>I wear Alphas very comftorably in XL but the XL in transit are falling of my feet.

redraidertt 08-18-2004 7:21 AM

Clint, <BR> <BR>The store that I bought them from took care of the problem for me. If they don't I would contact LF direct or you can just cut out a small portion of the foam. Shouldn't effect the performance of the bindings. <BR> <BR>Clint did you go to Texas Tech? <BR> <BR>

ttuclint 08-18-2004 12:22 PM

yeah, i got them off ebay and the place is definitely hooking me up. I would highly reccomend anyone to buy from this place - <BR> <BR><a href="http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&amp;userid=sno wandwater&amp;include=0&amp;since=-1&amp;sort=3&amp;rows=50" target="_blank">http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&amp;userid=sno wandwater&amp;include=0&amp;since=-1&amp;sort=3&amp;rows=50</a> <BR> <BR>and yeah i go to Tech.

redraidertt 08-18-2004 12:33 PM

The guys and snowandwater definitely know how to take care of there customers. I have bought stuff from there and they have smoking deals. <BR> <BR>Does Tech still have a Ski Team? I graduated in back in 95 and we had some good times out at the sulphar lake. <BR>

ttuclint 08-18-2004 12:37 PM

yeah there is a "ski team", ive checked into it but never gone out to do anything with em but it is mostly wakeboarders.