WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   harley clifford (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779831)

hyperliterider90 05-24-2010 9:31 AM

harley clifford

is anybody going to take him down this year? i see him winning every stop on the tour with rathy hurt. 4 mobe 5's with a kgb 5 handlepass is ******* nuts. cheers. :)

andy_nintzel 05-24-2010 9:35 AM

If stays healthy I dont think anybody can.

jessemitchell 05-24-2010 9:44 AM

I could if I wanted, just dont feel like it this year :cool:

dirwoody 05-24-2010 10:32 AM

I was thinking the same thing Andy. The real question is - If he progresses half as fast over the next couple years, will anybody be able to touch him for a long time? That, and what kind of crazy stuff are we going to see out of him!?!?

hyperlite 05-24-2010 10:37 AM

Harley is what Phil was 3 years ago. No one could touch him. We see this year in and year out. Eventually someone will catch up with him. As the sport evolves and grows and matures, it has to happen. Its how our sport and we as riders evolve. The samething happens in your crew of riders. One guy in the boat is always better than the other because they feed off of that. It may not be 3 years, could be 5, or 6. Who knows. All Im saying is that eventually someone will catch up to Harley and dominate him the way he is dominating the field now. Big ups to him winning another contest for sure. Congrats

eubanks01 05-24-2010 11:04 AM

I think the separation between Harley and the rest of the guys is much greater than Phil's separation a few years ago. Phil was throwing a lot of the same tricks other guys could do but he was just super consistent. Harley is super consistent AND he does several tricks that none of the other guys can do. If he can stay healthly (and motivated), then he shouldn't lose at all this year.

solo 05-24-2010 3:39 PM

Harley's winning run in Acworth was simply retarded! Four Mobe 5's including a Handle Pass KGB 5? WTF? Unreal!

http://wakeboardingmag.com/events/20...id=enews052410

dudeman 05-24-2010 4:14 PM

Win every stop. NO. Does he have the title? If he stays hungry. If he gets cocky, somebody's working harder.

andy_nintzel 05-24-2010 5:03 PM

Eubanks I agree. I have been breaching this for a while now, he is light years ahead of the competiton. In a thread on a video that norbi shot a while back I listed all the tricks he did, every single one was insanley hard. I dont think that anyone will be able to catch him....I winter long when Harley videos popped I kept saying this year its going to be Harley's tour everyone else is just going to have to go out and battle for Second.

waterdork88 05-24-2010 5:31 PM

Harley is doing great this year. It is possible that he could win every stop, and major props to him if he does. But I personally don't think it will happen this year. I heard Rusty hit another 10 in comp and if we're going to compare Harley and Phil... keep in mind that Phil has a crow mobe 7 (ole 10 if you wish) and a moby dick 7. I also could see Bob giving everyone a run for their money aswell.

What are the several tricks that nobody else can do? switch kgb and something else that I can't think of?

andy_nintzel 05-24-2010 5:55 PM

Yeah harley!!!! Way to put him in his place!

jsweat 05-24-2010 6:20 PM

yeah Harley thats what i'm talkin about.

I don't see why some people on here have nothing better to do then sit back and talk sh!#.
I mean if you are going to make a statement about what tricks a rider can and can't do. Please just make sure all of your facts are straight or you end up looking like a jackass.

Harley keep up the hard work and you will be balling for years to come.

waterdork88 05-24-2010 6:23 PM

I've seen your 10 and its sick, but the rest is news to me, cant wait to see the crow 7 and the moby 7 :)

hyperliterider90 05-24-2010 6:27 PM

cheers, harley, cheers.

harleyclifford 05-24-2010 7:17 PM

thanks guys, i appreciate the support. hope to see you guys round

waterdork88 05-24-2010 7:22 PM

Jeremy if you are referring to me, I'm not talking ****. I was just answering the thread topic by giving my opinion that someone could take Harley out... I don't think I'm out of line for thinking that it is possible for one of the many other talented athletes to take a win at one of the stops over the course of the enitre season. I was under the impression that Phil was the only guy doing crow 7s and moby 7s, because until a few posts ago I haven't seen any videos or heard any other pro claim to have one... (I stand corrected). Are you really going to say I look like a jackass for making a harmless assumption? Take a chill pill bro.

cwb4me 05-24-2010 7:29 PM

i saw that norbi video and that young man was killing it. more tricks in that short video than most wakeboard videos. the way i see it he ain't scared at all he's going to keep the pressure on everyone else. show them what your made of harley!

jpods22 05-24-2010 7:44 PM

Nitrous!

hyperlite 05-25-2010 3:57 AM

haha

somebuddy 05-25-2010 7:27 AM

Yo, I need me some of that nitrous!

colombiansurfer 05-25-2010 11:15 AM

Harley, You and the rest of the guys out there did a great job and put on one hell of a tournament. What I was most impressed with is the caliber of talent, work ethic and dedication to the sport. Plus the fact that you and some of the others took time out to get a picture with my 3 year old son made his day. He doesn't completely understand everything except to say "Go Big". I think all of you are a class act no matter who wins. I have always told my son I will support him in what ever he wants to do and never hold him back no matter how crazy it is. Besides, you never know that he might be on the stand next to the pro's one day.

As far as taking someone out, who cares? Just keep doing what you are doing and promoting the sport. And I am sure most of the Pro's are doing it for the love of the sport, not because they have to.

shredsthegnar 05-25-2010 11:28 AM

i say harley will win all five. in pro men and Nick G will win all in jr men.. thats final.

hyperlite 05-25-2010 1:34 PM

No way.....too much tallent. Its going to be hard to hold that much consistancy for all 5 stops and still maintain it through all of the KOW as well. I dont see the tour nor the KOW series being swept up with riders like Rusty, Phil, JD,Bob. Rathy may be hurt, and so may Andrew but that doesnt mean that Harley automatically gets a sweep. Everyone has an off day. Hes not a machine. Im not discrediting his ability at all. Im just saying that its going to be highly unlikely. If it happens great. Just means that Harley IS the best, hands down. With guys like the ones I mentioned above, its just not fair to throw them out stricktly because of Harley. The same goes for Juniors too. There's Powers, Laferty, Freddie, Derome, Evans. All of these guys kill it and on any given day are capable of winning a contest. So dont throw them out just yet. No one is perfect.

hyperliterider90 05-25-2010 1:43 PM

harley IS a machine.

eubanks01 05-25-2010 2:20 PM

Only one person can beat Harley this year...and his initials are H.C.

migs 05-25-2010 3:00 PM

Kid is just DOMINATING!!! You gotta love it!
Whats this weekend, the nautique Masters? - lets see what happens.....
who would you put your $$ on?

Bill_Dad 05-25-2010 3:19 PM

Hi everybody,

some of you might not know I am Harley's father and I have been watching this thread with interest. I tend to agree with Lee that there are many riders out there that on any given day can win, as much as I would love to see Harley win all of these events, I agree it is a huge task.
I only know this that Harley is very focused on what he wants to acheive this season. Me might not acheive all that he wants this year but he has many years in front of him. David made mention of the Pro riders taking time to have a photo taken with his son, that is all it takes sometimes to motivate a young person to pursue his dream. This is what Harley's dream is, his passion is he loves to wakeboard and more importantly he loves to wakeboard with anyone. It doesnt matter to him how good you can ride or what you can do, it is all about having fun and watching other people having a good time in the boat.

d4m0 05-25-2010 7:45 PM

Harley is riding so good! So stoked for him. keep up the good work buddy :)

kyle_L 05-25-2010 7:54 PM

Harley, your riding is truly inspirational. The things you have been able to accomplish at such a young age is nothing short of amazing. And a moby 7!?!? FOR REAL??

Focker4 05-25-2010 9:36 PM

I've been riding since the directional days and Ive seen a lot of really good riders come and go over the years. I won't mention what everyone else above about the obvious technical ability, and I have no doubt Harley works extremely hard to be able to get some of these insane technical tricks consistent enough to put in a contest line. I can say though, that the only other rider Ive seen with this much raw talent would be Parks from back in the day. It was almost like Parks could hit a contest hungover and just murder the guys who likely trained and worked their asses off just to make a final. Not trying to indicate PB did that or that he didn't work, but it was just sickening how much natural talent he had and I see that in Harley. Anyway - props Harley, just try not to get hurt. A lot of us want to see what you can do in the coming years.

timmo 05-26-2010 2:03 AM

Just wanted to say, whoever wins whatever this year,

It's freakin' AWESOME that both Harley and his Dad have taken the time & trouble to post on this thread!!

Love watching you ride Harley, Norbi's latest vid is inspirational. Looking forward to seeing you on many top steps this year :)

timmo 05-26-2010 4:28 AM

PS- link to Norbi's video is in this thread if you've not seen:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778740

hyperlite 05-26-2010 6:59 AM

I agree, the only person that can bear harley is harley.

hyperlite 05-26-2010 6:59 AM

but its just not fair to throw all the other guys out. thats all

andy_nintzel 05-26-2010 7:02 AM

interesting that harleys first post is gone.