WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through April 03, 2009 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=685498)
-   -   OWC Trip 3/8-3/13 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679339)

twake06 03-18-2009 2:41 PM

Here is a little video of me and my friends riding at OWC and McCormicks last week! <BR> <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyp0gtILZFA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyp0gtILZFA</a>

spinner_x 03-18-2009 4:36 PM

I remember seeing you guys at OWC one of the days i was there.

wake2wake_66 03-18-2009 5:41 PM

I was there at the same time. I remember seeing the dude with the Co. Super Limited.

drewproses 03-18-2009 6:31 PM

Me 3.. I think I saw you guys at both parks.

lfrider92 03-18-2009 6:36 PM

this is really random.. but would they let you wakeskate at a cable park? i have non near by and i have no plans to go anytime soon. but ive never seen it done. i dont know if it is allowed

wake2wake_66 03-18-2009 6:49 PM

David, there were alot of wakeskaters at Odub when i went. And for alot of them it was there first time. If I was only wakeskateing I would really like the kickers in the beginer cable at Odub, also the box in the other lake.

lfrider92 03-18-2009 6:57 PM

o okay. ive just never seen video of people on them. i didnt know if they didnt allow it

wakeboardern1 03-18-2009 7:00 PM

Oh dang, who woulda guessed it... One of the guys from that crew was a wakeworlder too... <BR> <BR>The company guy rode within two feet of one of my crew's downed riders and shouted something at him that sounded pretty a-holeish. Not trying to call anyone out (which is what I'm actually doing), but there was plenty of room to not spray the guy and he actually had to cut over to get that close to him, and it kinda pissed me off while I was filming.

wake2wake_66 03-18-2009 7:35 PM

Nick, sounds like it would piss me off to. I was talking to a guy from your crew that has never ridden before, he was a really nice guy. I dont think I saw anybody else out there from VT but I think him and a few other dudes were honking at me when I rode by.

hyperlitejohn90 03-18-2009 8:17 PM

what park did this happen at nick?

lfxstar 03-18-2009 8:36 PM

Nick, was he taking his bindings off right behind an obstacle instead of swimming out of the way first? That is generally why someone gets yelled at, when they are blocking obstacles.

wakeboardern1 03-18-2009 9:39 PM

It happened at OWC <BR> <BR>He had literally fallen two link things in front of the guy. He was clear of the obstacle, just barely, but he was clear of it. <BR> <BR>There aren't any hard feelings, but the irony of a member of the guy's crew being a member of wakeworld struck me and I just remembered that. <BR> <BR>Justin, if you were talking to a guy who hadn't ridden before, it was probably Warren. Kinda lankyish? All the other VT guys were around, one of whom was wearing a certain chrome helmet (same guy who fell when I was talking about that earlier). Another guy who hadn't ridden OWC before named Brian Benjamin was lurking as well. Had a real nasty sunburn on the back of his legs and was iffy about riding. <BR> <BR>In the meantime, I was running laps around the lake getting different angles for filming. <BR> <BR>Tyler, sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Definitely awesome to see a video of a crew that was there at the same time as us. It's always fun when you can get a trip together with your crew to go ride somewhere different.

fly135 03-19-2009 7:27 AM

I never swim out of the way of a obstacle before pulling my board off. OTOH I'm not slow either, but I don't think that I would be phased unless the guy was in the same place after at least a full lap. I was there on Sunday the 8th around 5pm.

hyperlitejohn90 03-19-2009 11:04 AM

well john not being mean but its kinda common curtsey to swim out behind an obstacle or at least out of the way so someone can hit the feature then take your board off

drewproses 03-19-2009 11:34 AM

I think sometimes it would take longer to swim out of the way than to just take your board off. This kind of thing happens all the time at cable parks, its not that big of a deal. If someone falls on an obstacle on the right, I hit the obstacle on the left. If I have to skip an obstacle because someone is in the way, its all good, no worries.

hyperlitejohn90 03-19-2009 11:36 AM

yeah thats what i was getting at but if your gonna take all day to get out of your boots just swim to either side of the obstacle so others can hit it too. no hate towards anyone just saying its typically easier to swim over a little prior to getting out

wakeboardern1 03-19-2009 12:03 PM

That's what I was thinking Andrew and John. I can almost always have my bindings off and be out of the way sooner than if I were to try to swim out of the way with the board. Lets face it, the board acts like a big foil slowing you down versus flinging the board out of the way. <BR> <BR>One time though, Just as I popped my board off, at the end of the box, someone like, two links behind me hit the box, and I just heard the hit, suddenly he was coming off the box right where I was, I shoved away from the board and he landed partially on it and threw the handle, bailing on it. The entire thing coulda been worse, but we both apologized and everything was cool.

fly135 03-19-2009 3:39 PM

Andrew hit the nail on the head. I've been riding the cable since it opened 9 years ago and never had an issue.